Overwaitea Foods

Overwaitea Foods Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Workplace
Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee), Creston, BCSeptember 16, 2014
I preferred the nakusp overwaitea better, the community was better, the management was better, the work was better, it was all around a better environment in nakusp then in Creston.
a good workplace with good hours
produce (Former Employee), hope,bcDecember 1, 2013
Pros: benefites
Cons: long hours
it was good hours but not enough pay. my co workers were okay and the hardest part of the job was juggling full time during school
Offered A rewarding career in the retail food business
Meat Manager (Former Employee), Merritt, BCJuly 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches once amonth and employee discounts once a month
Cons: fast paced environment hard on the body
Trained in management 101 all aspects of health and safety.Trained in the grid time management program. Trained in all aspects of computer ordering HHR guns Pro-class ordering prebooking closing store operations and recieving.
First job- excellent experience with co-workers
Cashier/Floor worker (Former Employee), Princeton, BCFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: seeing friends and family daily
Cons: long hours
I learnt the importance of customer severicee and how to deal with angree customers. Our team at overwaitea made the work place fun and enjoyable.
it was an ok work place
Various Positions (Former Employee), Prince Rupert, BCFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: good grocery store to shop at
Cons: not enough hours and not enough training
i was constintlay changing postions i never really had one particular job title there. i didnt get a chance to work as a cashier. due to not enough managment to train me. the co- workers were good they helped me out when i needed the help.
Local store but only able to work part time due to union contract
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Sparwood, BCOctober 15, 2012
Pros: i had a lot of variety in the workplace
Cons: not enough hours
I really enjoyed the opportunity I had to work there and learn about grocery department, dairy department, Gm and produce. The store however due to union contracts only let the new hires work 20 hrs a week. I worked at 5:00am or 6:00am for 4 hour shifts or closing shifts for 4 hrs. Depending on where I was needed. I also enjoyed the variety of working – more... in the different departments. The hardes part of the job was having to leave after 4 hrs even if my work wasn't finished. – less
good place to work
butcher (Current Employee), Prince RupertJuly 10, 2012
Pros: good people
Cons: not enough hours for me
its a good place to work, i learned to deal with customers and learned to cut meat. the manager is awesome their doing a great job on their job. the hardest part of the my jobs is nothing really great people to work with thats make it easy for me. the most enjoyable part of my job is talking to people and making friends with my co-workers.
was a lot of fun and was my first job out of highschool
Lead Hand, Department Manager, Management Coverage (Former Employee), princeton bcMarch 28, 2012
Pros: wages, benefits, ability to learn a lot of skills, customer relations and more
I would stock shelves to start, clean store, face products, preform inventory control, preform customer service, preform time studies to increase productivity in all departments, learned how to budget departments through out the store and the store budget itsself. Learned a lot about marketing that has helped me greatly in my Real estate business, i – more... also learned how to manage others and and assign tasks to up to 18 people when i preformed coverage for absent managemnt staff. – less