Overwaitea Foods Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
take
Stock Boy casher shipper receiver (Former Employee) –  BC24 September 2015
I would recommend any one to work there The staff is great and the invirement is awesome. the wage is fair and the benafits are good
Pros
awsome place
Cons
notemoughf hours
Busy and fast-paced workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC19 June 2014
It was a fairly good experience at Overwaitea, but whenever I needed shorter shifts because of schooling, they would never listen to my requests. The 5 minute breaks are a little too short for someone who hasn't eaten since lunch and is working a shift that skips dinner, especially if that person is a growing teenager. My coworkers were kind and were good at their job though, and I'm thankful for that.
Pros
Allowed having water at tills, coworkers were nice, managers were strict.
Cons
Short breaks, unfulfilled simple requests.
was a lot of fun and was my first job out of highschool
Lead Hand, Department Manager, Management Coverage (Former Employee) –  princeton bc28 March 2012
I would stock shelves to start, clean store, face products, preform inventory control, preform customer service, preform time studies to increase productivity in all departments, learned how to budget departments through out the store and the store budget itsself. Learned a lot about marketing that has helped me greatly in my Real estate business, i also learned how to manage others and and assign tasks to up to 18 people when i preformed coverage for absent managemnt staff.
Pros
wages, benefits, ability to learn a lot of skills, customer relations and more
Local store but only able to work part time due to union contract
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sparwood, BC15 October 2012
I really enjoyed the opportunity I had to work there and learn about grocery department, dairy department, Gm and produce. The store however due to union contracts only let the new hires work 20 hrs a week. I worked at 5:00am or 6:00am for 4 hour shifts or closing shifts for 4 hrs. Depending on where I was needed. I also enjoyed the variety of working in the different departments. The hardes part of the job was having to leave after 4 hrs even if my work wasn't finished.
Pros
i had a lot of variety in the workplace
Cons
not enough hours
Offered A rewarding career in the retail food business
Meat Manager (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC22 July 2013
Trained in management 101 all aspects of health and safety.Trained in the grid time management program. Trained in all aspects of computer ordering HHR guns Pro-class ordering prebooking closing store operations and recieving.
Pros
free lunches once amonth and employee discounts once a month
Cons
fast paced environment hard on the body
good place to work
butcher (Current Employee) –  Prince Rupert10 July 2012
its a good place to work, i learned to deal with customers and learned to cut meat. the manager is awesome their doing a great job on their job. the hardest part of the my jobs is nothing really great people to work with thats make it easy for me. the most enjoyable part of my job is talking to people and making friends with my co-workers.
Pros
good people
Cons
not enough hours for me
it was an ok work place
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BC5 February 2013
i was constintlay changing postions i never really had one particular job title there. i didnt get a chance to work as a cashier. due to not enough managment to train me. the co- workers were good they helped me out when i needed the help.
Pros
good grocery store to shop at
Cons
not enough hours and not enough training
First job- excellent experience with co-workers
Cashier/Floor worker (Former Employee) –  Princeton, BC27 February 2013
I learnt the importance of customer severicee and how to deal with angree customers. Our team at overwaitea made the work place fun and enjoyable.
Pros
seeing friends and family daily
Workplace
Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Creston, BC16 September 2014
I preferred the nakusp overwaitea better, the community was better, the management was better, the work was better, it was all around a better environment in nakusp then in Creston.
a good workplace with good hours
produce (Former Employee) –  hope,bc1 December 2013
it was good hours but not enough pay. my co workers were okay and the hardest part of the job was juggling full time during school
Pros
benefites