Overwaitea Food Group

Overwaitea Food Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
N/A
General Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Golden, BCMay 20, 2015
I think the hardest part of the job was remembering every little detail and all of the produce and bulk codes that you have to punch in at the cash register. The thing I liked most was how well everybody got along at work.
One of the Best Companies to work for in B.C.
Store Manager (Former Employee), VancouverMay 6, 2015
OWFG Is a great place to work, learn & Grow.
A lot fun & caring people and a great atmosphere.
This is a real local company that cares about the communities they operate in.
good experience
Department Specialist (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 30, 2015
transferable skills working in the produce department warehouse. interacting with customer, handling inventory, sales and customer satisfaction.the management is very organised with staff interest.
Fun and exciting enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Princeton BCJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: i loved working in the cash office doing payroll
Cons: 5 am shifts
Everyday was different as I wore many hats I did file maintenance, cash office ,Health and safety,worked with people soft,DSD,shipping and receiving, cashier,balanced 4 tills and 4 self scan tills and atm,bank deposits, coin orders,

I learned something new every day

Management was great but the company had a large turn over as we were a training store.
Their was also a large turn over of co workers I was in store trainer and trained over 45 people.

The hardest part of the job was doing cash the physical,

The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and working within the community
Very low pay
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Langley, BCJune 10, 2014
Pros: fast paced, can learn how to to grind hard
Cons: long hours, low pay
Very low pay, way below the industry average. Hours are long and the job mainly consists of grinding, but you can learn some skills there.
Poor management seems to be the main problem and the promises cannot be trusted, employees are treated as expendable. They lowball you are the initial offer and benefits and opportunities they initially promise never materialize: broken trust is a common theme at the workplace.
Excellent company and I was very appreciative to work with OFG
Manager of Merchandising and Supervision (Former Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: very progressive and innovative company
Retail grocery business was a very exciting career
Leading grocery chain in BC and Alberta
Allows their employees to take ownership of all responsibilities
Innovative,
I would recommend OFG to anyone who has the passion for retail
A very good atmosphere to work in with friendly staff.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: every 8 hours we worked, we had 2 half hour breaks. anything less than 8 hours, we had 2 fifteen minute breaks.
Cons: long hours.
I really enjoyed the job. I'd sit in the computer room for about 4 hours typing up prescriptions. I'd get familiar with drug names and classification of drug names as I was typing prescriptions. Once the 4 hours were up, I'd go into the warehouse and work at fill stations, printing out labels for drugs and putting them in vials. The management was very friendly, I didn't get along with this one guy. He was very stubborn and wasn't nice over-all. My co-workers were very nice and considerate. The first day I started my job, this lady showed me around the pharmacy and got me familiar with the rules and regulations of the pharmacy as well as some health and safety hazards in the warehouse. Everyday I'd come into the pharmacy, my co-workers would say hi and in return I'd say hi back. They were very friendly. The hardest part of the job I'd say was packing vials into bags and you had to print out a label for them which had a letter and a number and the drug store it went to. There was this bin I used to work right beside and I had to classify each bag by the letter on the tag. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the computer room, typing out prescriptions and getting familiar with drug names.