We are seeking a Production Artist for a full time position. We are a manufacturing company that sells home décor products to the retail and hospitality market. A fast-paced and service-oriented company, we provide innovative products and solutions to large accounts with a focus on fine art reproductions.
You have excellent technical skills with an emphasis on PhotoShop, advanced colour correction and image manipulation. You have experience operating large-format and flatbed printers and are able to trouble shoot and solve problems efficiently. You are an expert in ONYX RIP software systems and creating ICC profiles. You work well both independently and as part of a team. You will be required to work on a variety of projects at one time, seeing each project through to completion. Knowledge of how to set up a file in a clean and organized manner and preparing the image for digital or litho printing is essential.
- Accurately read and interpret a work order, perform quality assurance measures post production
- Set up, size, colour correct and manipulate images for print
- Print files on large-format printers using colour management and rip server software
- Be able to scan, take pictures, upload and download images
- Set up files to print offset
- Able to lift 50lbs or more loading and unloading large format rolls
- Source new substrates (print materials)
- Evaluate projects daily, and on an ongoing basis, to ensure time and quality commitments are kept
- Communicate changes which affect production delivery with colleagues as necessary
- Take steps required to ensure timeline commitments are made, including working extra hours to meet deadlines
- Minimum: Post Secondary degree or certificate in digital printing
- Preferred: 2-5 years digital large format and flatbed print operator familiar with colour correcting image files from monitor to output on various substrates
- Expert knowledge in CS6 Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator in a Mac environment
- Knowledge of ONYX 10 RIP software and ICC Profiling is essential
- Graphic arts industry, particularly pre-press production skills and related technical processes
- Printing of large format signage
- Deadline oriented, attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Clear and professional communication skills
- Able to function well as part of a team in a fast paced, high demand environment
- Web and HTML experience is an asset
Please reply to EMAIL ADDRESS with resume, cover letter and digital portfolio.