FRANWORKS GROUP OF COMPANIES
We create and own concepts and brands to fill market niches in the food service, hospitality and retail sectors. We are the backstage and on-stage contributors to your favorite restaurant brands including Original Joe’s, Elephant & Castle and State & Main. The FranWorks team and its wholly-owned construction company (Outsourced Construction Services) grow these brands through both corporate-owned and franchise models. Through hard work, constant collaboration and a deep passion for what we do, we have become leaders in our industry.
At FranWorks, we live and breathe our concepts. We understand that our success is due to more than just ‘building a restaurant and hoping for the best’. We depend on the energy of every team member, in every department and in every location to help us collectively be ‘the best’. We never stop looking for unique individuals who can infuse our workplace with original ideas, creative solutions and an extraordinary guest experience.
By joining the FranWorks Group of Companies, you will become a part of a dynamic team that values collaboration, continuous learning and work-life balance. We value and reward our employees’ hard work. As part of our team you will be supported in your career growth.
What You’ll Do:
Located in our Calgary or Boston Corporate Office, this entry to mid-level technical role will report to the Director of Training but will work closely with the Director of IT regarding a number of initiatives.
PROVIDE POS SUPPORT
- Program store level menus for Original Joes, Elephant & Castle and State & Main on respective POS platforms (Silverware, Pixel Point, Posi-Touch)
- Assist with the integration of programs into the accounting, store level, and operation platforms (i.e. labour modules, SYSCO, etc.)
- Assist with system-wide POS conversions
- Provide training and remote POS support to operations. Involves trouble-shooting and resolving network, POS hardware or software issues
- Liaise with external vendors and clients as required
PROVIDE IT SUPPORT
- Provide ‘helpdesk support’ to the Corporate Offices (Canada and US) and restaurant locations
- Troubleshoot various degrees of issues related to both hardware and software
- Assist to maintain the IT infrastructure at both the desktop and server levels (backup systems, server admin. and maintenance, etc.)
- Lead basic program training sessions (Microsoft Suite, new program integration training, etc.) as required to restaurant or Corporate team members
Who You Are:
- You are a vibrant and team-oriented individual who has had 2+ years previous experience relating to IT Helpdesk or POS Support in a busy and decentralized environment
- You might have a degree or diploma of College Studies (2 or 4 year) in Computer Science or Information Technologies
- You might have the following IT knowledge and experience: Server side: Hyper-V, Windows 2003-2008, firewalls and switch maintenance; Client side: XP and Windows 7
- You can easily and quickly become ‘a part of a team’, you are a great communicator, have a vibrant personality and are driven by wanting to contribute to a Company’s success
- You are comfortable leading training sessions
- You have a natural curiosity of technology and always take the initiative to learn new things
- You pride yourself on your advanced customer service skills, your reliability and your ability to ‘keep your cool’ through stressful times
- You have the ability to adapt and to change gears quickly without skipping a beat
- You are available to work occasionally evenings and weekends and you are available for regular travel across Canada and the USA
Visit us online at http://www.franworks.com/