#12.27 Payroll Administrator (Part Time)
This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Our Place Society (OPS) is an organization with Christian values and principles. We work as a team to create a nurturing atmosphere of home and family, where all are welcomed. A team approach is critical to living out our mission and values.
Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Payroll Administrator provides financial and administrative services for Our Place Society.
Specifically, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for the bi-weekly payroll, payroll liabilities, leave recording, account reconciliations, journal entries and generates data used in the preparation of budgets and forecasts. The Payroll Administrator also provides input for the development of policies, and developing, implementing and maintaining administrative procedures.
The Payroll Administrator performs specific daily functions in the absence of other Accounting personnel.
- Processes payroll, and leave transactions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains the confidential employee records and files.
- In collaboration with senior management, reviews and recommends changes to HR Policy and Procedures manual.
- Advises / assists employees in the understanding of financial policies, pay entitlements/ payments.
- Maintains accounting and personnel records and files.
- Reconciles and analyzes payroll accounts.
- Implements and maintains administrative policies and procedures on an ongoing basis; provides input to the development of policies; and documents own position’s processes and procedures.
- Consults with Employment Standards Act to ensure society compliance.
- WCB quarterly and annual remittances
- Assist with and administers criminal checks (research new requirements).
- Oversee collection of MSP documentation for employee reimbursement.
- Issues ROE’s (compiles information).
- Other duties, as required.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of one-year post secondary accounting and payroll education and at least three years of financial, payroll, benefits and accounting experience in a computerized environment.
- Specific experience with ADP automated payroll processing would be beneficial.
- Well rounded knowledge of all aspects of accounting practices, procedures, payroll and benefit administration.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as take direction.
- Good working knowledge of office software, including payroll software, accounting software for small business, Excel, Word and other software applications.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Ability to prioritize workload, multitask and work under and within deadlines.
This is a position of 15 hours per week. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a covering letter and resume detailing their related background, experience and qualifications by 10:00 a.m. February 28, 2013 to Our Place Society, Attention: Careers, 919 Pandora Avenue, Victoria, B.C. V8V 3P4. Please quote “File #12.27 Payroll Administrator” in the subject line.