#12.29 Human Resources Analyst
(Part time, 20 hours per week) This posting is open to all qualified applicants.
Be part of a dynamic team that provides daily support to marginalized citizens in Greater Victoria. Our Place Society (OPS) is an organization with spiritual values and principles. We work as a team to create a nurturing atmosphere of home and family, where all are welcomed. A team approach is critical to living out our mission and values.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Human Resources Analyst supports all levels of management in understanding, recommending and implementing best practice HR policies and procedures.
The HR Analyst is responsible for all standard HR functions such as creating and maintaining HR files, correspondence, compensation be it, wages or salaries, vacation, sick leave, leave in lieu, WCB issues, short and long term disability situations, probationary reviews and in conjunctions with the management team, co-ordinate performance reviews.
- Handles paperwork for hiring and termination process including conducting exit interviews.
- Ensure effective documentation management for personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals and absenteeism rates.
- Maintains the confidential employee records and files.
- In collaboration with senior management, reviews and recommends changes to HR Policy and Procedures manual.
- Advises / assists employees in the understanding of financial policies, pay entitlements/ payments and benefits.
- Oversee implementation of remuneration policies and practices.
- Liaises with benefit provider.
- Implements and maintains administrative policies and procedures on an ongoing basis; provides input to the development of policies; and documents own position’s processes and procedures.
- Consults with Employment Standards Act to ensure society compliance.
- Ensure WCB compliance.
- Support management in identifying staffing needs and confirming vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants with final approval from and by management.
- Assist with and administers criminal checks (research new requirements).
- Creates Human Resource letters (offers of employment, changes in employment, etc)
- Researches and reports on Human Resources issues as directed.
- Identify causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and practices.
- Serve as a link (with first checking to ensure they have considered contacting their managers) between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Ensure orientation sessions occur and develop a comprehensive orientation program for new hires.
Education, Skills and Abilities
- Completion of Certified Human Resources Professional designation (CHRP).
- Well rounded knowledge of all aspects of human resources management and administration.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as take direction.
- Good working knowledge of office software, including payroll software, accounting software for small business, Excel, Word and other software applications.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Ability to prioritize workload, multitask and work under and within deadlines.
Eligible candidates are invited to submit a covering letter with their resume detailing their related background, experience and qualifications by 10:00 am, Friday, April 19, 2013 to Our Place Society, Attention Careers, 919 Pandora Ave, Victoria, B.C. V8V 3P4. Please quote “File 12-29 Human Resources Analyst” in the subject line.