#12.25 Communications Professional
(Part time, 20 hours per week) This posting is open to all qualified applicants.
Be part of a dynamic team that provides daily support to marginalized citizens in Greater Victoria. Our Place Society (OPS) is an organization with spiritual values and principles. We work as a team to create a nurturing atmosphere of home and family, where all are welcomed. A team approach is critical to living out our mission and values.
The Communications Professional is responsible for providing direction and support in the management and implementation of OPS’s internal and external communications initiatives to various stakeholders and audiences.
- Writing and editing for various communication channels including media releases, publications, website and social media.
- Writing and editing for grant applications and stakeholder letters.
- Liaise and communicate with local media concerning editorial coverage.
- Manage and maintain the online and social media presence for OPS.
- Provide communications support for development initiatives.
- Liaise and manage external consultants and suppliers as required.
- Work in conjunction with Communications Committee.
- Assist in other marketing and development activities as required.
Education, Skills and Abilities
- Post secondary education in a related field preferred.
- Demonstrated experience (3 to 5 years) in Public/Media Relations and/or Marketing Communications.
- Proven communication skills specifically writing and editing.
- Expertise with various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Working knowledge of WordPress and ability to update web content.
- Experience and/or understanding of not-for-profit environment or vulnerable communities an asset.
- Detail and deadline oriented.
Eligible candidates are invited to submit a covering letter with their resume detailing their related background, experience and qualifications by 10:00 am, Friday, February 15, 2013. Please quote “File 12-25 Communications Professional” in the subject line.