OTTAWA SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT GROUP (OSEG)
Based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada the Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group (OSEG) owns and operates three sports franchises including our well-established Ottawa 67’s Major Junior hockey team of the OHL, the CFL’s franchise, the Ottawa REDBLACKs and the Ottawa Fury F.C. franchise of the NASL. OSEG will also operate the newly-renovated TD Place at Lansdowne Park which includes a state of the art arena and stadium. All set to launch in 2014!
Manager, Event Services
Reporting to the Director of Event Services, the Manager, Event Services is responsible for leading the Front of House team in providing the highest level of customer service and operations. This individual will also provide oversight for all guest relations functions.
- Conducts pre and post event briefings.
- Ensures that all guest relations activities meet or exceed customer expectation.
- Manages Guest Relations for several events at once.
- Manage, train and motivate staff.
- Maintain detailed records on staff development.
- Provides direction and supervision to the Front of House Team before, during and immediately following all events.
- Enhances the quality of service to the customer through innovative practices and team leadership.
- Assist Director of Event Services in developing best practices in Guest Relations and Customer Service.
- Ensure Front Office Staff are acting in accordance with set company standards and adhering to protocol.
- Works to achieve departmental goals and expectations.
- Responds, investigates and resolves high level inquiries, suggestions, complaints and concerns from staff and guests.
- Assists in conducting workplace inspections to ensure health and safety standards are met.
- Works closely with all teams and their members (Security, Housekeeping, Parking, Box office, Merchandise, First Aid, etc.).
- Participates in various special events and promotional activities as required.
- Minimizes expenses and maximizes budgeted results while maintaining exceptional guest services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A degree or diploma in relevant field or acceptable combination of experience and equivalent skills required.
- Minimum four (4 years) of experience managing staff in an arena/stadium/theater setting.
- Experience in conflict management
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Able to work well under pressure while providing great customer care.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays (based on event calendar).
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time, able to walk long distances and climb multiple stairs.
- Have a passion for the sports and entertainment industry.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group is a growing sports enterprise that is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while providing our employees with an environment in which they can thrive and be part of a winning team.
To apply, please visit www.oseg.ca/careers. We thank you in advance for your interest but will only be responding to those applicants that meet our requirements.