We are looking for an experienced Transportation Manager who will plan, implement all traffic and transportation related responsibilities for Lansdowne in conjunction with the City of Ottawa and surrounding community.
- Design or prepare plans for new transportation systems or parts of systems, such as public transit connections, shuttle busses, pedestrian and bicycles, parking lots (on-site & off-site), flow of traffic in, on and around venues including;
- Promote and monitor sustainable transportation options – provide information on transit service and route planning, including how to use the on-line trip planning service.
- Provide information on walking and cycling paths within the area and where bicycle parking is located.
- Provide information to event goers on transportation options.
- Participate in public meetings or hearings to explain transportation proposals, to gather feedback from those affected by proposals, or to achieve consensus;
- Develop programs that can be delivered to workplaces to encourage commuters to choose sustainable modes over the single occupant vehicle traffic.
- Inform residents of various services available including public transportation, shuttle busses, bicycling and walking.
- Arrange to visit workplaces and open-houses along with field experts to assist in providing answers to specific transportation methods available in the proposals.
- Promote carpooling and the use of the offsite shuttle bus options associated to the events at Lansdowne.
- Market transportation strategy including;
- Promote walking, cycling, shuttle busses and public transit as the preferred modes of travel to/from Lansdowne Park.
- Create innovative ways to encourage the use of sustainable modes.
- Use community based social marketing techniques to encourage the use of sustainable transportation.
- Develop materials to promote sustainable transportation at Lansdowne.
- Create a web portal and maintain its content.
- Work with venue client and customer relations to continually provide up to date information and details on,
- OC Transpo Maps and schedules as well as assist in finding available routes for inquiring customers.
- Cycling maps and routes available for potential users including city and NCC paths.
- Carsharing and Bikesharing information as alternative methods for visiting events at Lansdowne.
- Investigate traffic problems and recommend methods to improve traffic flow or safety;
- Prepare administrative, technical, or statistical reports on traffic-operation matters, such as accidents, safety measures, or volumes or practices;
- Prepare project budgets and schedules;
- Evaluate transportation systems or traffic control devices or lighting systems to determine need for modification or expansion;
- Estimate transportation proposal costs;
- Review transportation scenarios to evaluate the impacts of activities such as new development or to identify possible solutions to transportation problems;
- Confer with government agencies to discuss plans, specifications and schedules;
- Prepare reports or recommendations on transportation planning;
- Recommend transportation system improvements based on use or traffic projections;
- Define regional or local transportation planning problems or priorities;
- Analyze and interpret data from traffic modeling software, geographic information systems, or associated databases;
- Document and evaluate transportation proposal needs and costs;
- Develop design ideas for new or improved transport infrastructure, such as junction improvements, pedestrian projects, bus facilities, and car parking areas;
- Collaborate with engineers to research, analyze, or resolve transportation issues;
- Analyze expenditures and other financial information to develop plans, policies, or budgets for increasing efficiencies or improving services;
- Set operations policies and standards, including determining safety procedures for the transportation control workers;
- Plan, organize, or manage the work of subordinate staff or contract partners to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with program requirements;
- Negotiate and authorize contracts with equipment and materials and labor suppliers, and monitor contract fulfillment;
- Collaborate with other managers or staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, or objectives;
- Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Supervise workers and assigned staff or contract partners;
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, and meeting with individual staff members;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-Secondary education preferred;
- Must have a Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience;
- Project Management experience- 4 – 8 projects;
- Extensive knowledge of municipal and provincial approvals processes as they apply to transport infrastructure;
- Expertise with traffic planning and operations analysis, functional planning for transportation projects, with particular emphasis on major events;
- Experience with upper and lower tier municipal government processes in Ontario, experience presenting to municipal committees and council;
- Experience on planning and hosting public information meetings, other aspects of the regulatory public communications process in Ontario;
- Significant Experience in the Municipal Regulation Context;
- Solid strategic thinking and analytical oversight skills;
- Marketing and Communications experience;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Relationship building skills
- Self-starter/shows initiative
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong influence, persuasion skills
- Practical perspective, willing to roll-up sleeves as necessary
- Strong computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings of parking structures and traffic plans
- Bilingualism is an asset
Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group is a growing sports enterprise that is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while providing our employees with an environment in which they can thrive and be part of a winning team.
We thank you in advance for your interest but will only be responding to those applicants that meet our requirements.
Indeed - 16 months ago