OTTAWA SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT GROUP (OSEG)
Based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada the Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group (OSEG) owns and operates three sports franchises including our well-established Ottawa 67’s Major Junior hockey team of the OHL, the CFL’s franchise, the Ottawa REDBLACKs and the Ottawa Fury F.C. franchise of the NASL. OSEG will also operate the newly-renovated TD Place at Lansdowne which includes a state of the art arena and stadium. All set to launch in 2014!
The Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group is seeking a hands-on IT Manager to manage the daily IT operations across the organization. The IT Manager will be responsible for the IT systems and network infrastructure and will identify, support and develop solutions to ensure IT systems meet company objectives as well as improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of IT processes.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of all IT systems and infrastructure.
- Network management and administration, network planning, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Ensure system availability and act as the main escalation point for system issues.
- Oversee backups, monitor server performance and troubleshoot when required.
- Monitor IT inventory, hardware maintenance and asset procurement.
- Perform software installations, troubleshoot problems and perform root cause analysis.
- Manage support staff and external support providers and vendors.
- PC and server setup, configuration, deployment and support.
- Oversee technical staff proficient in audio visual systems, digital signage and IT support.
- Provide support to all levels of the organization for new orientations, IT tools and systems.
- Manage IT projects for new system rollouts, upgrades and maintenance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree, diploma or certification in IT, Information Systems or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience in a lead role in the provision and management of IT services.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows systems, virtualization and cloud services.
- Experience with general TCP/IP networking, systems administration, VOIP phone systems, Windows Server 2003, 2008, Win7, VPNs, Active Directory, and Exchange.
- Experience with SANs and other storage architectures.
- Hands-on professional with strong service oriented attitude and excellent people skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with IT project management and leading a small team, working and managing relationships with external vendors and service providers.
- VMWare certification is an asset.
- Microsoft Certification is an asset.
- Ability to work outside regular working hours when needed.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group is a growing sports enterprise that is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while providing our employees with an environment in which they can thrive and be part of a winning team.
We thank you in advance for your interest but will only be responding to those applicants that meet our requirements.
Indeed - 14 months ago