OTTAWA SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT GROUP (OSEG)
Based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada the Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group (OSEG) owns and operates three sports franchises including our well-established Ottawa 67’s Major Junior hockey team of the OHL, the CFL’s franchise, the Ottawa REDBLACKs and the Ottawa Fury F.C. franchise of the NASL. OSEG will also operate the newly-renovated TD Place at Lansdowne which includes a state of the art arena and stadium. All set to launch in 2014!
Game Day Producer
The Game Day Producer will develop and execute the activities and events otherwise known as the “show around the show” throughout all three of OSEG’s sporting events for football, hockey and soccer games. This position will create, direct and manage the game production team to ensure fan enjoyment and fulfillment of sponsor commitments.
- Accountable for the creation and management of game day activities and events;
- Develops and incorporates creative ideas and materials into game day shows in order to “fit the flow” of the game and increasing fan excitement;
- Develops and integrates sponsors and clients messages into the game without disrupting fan enjoyment;
- Acts as a creative team leader for sponsor and fan entertainment messaging, videos and live activities/ceremonies;
- Effectively communicates team messaging through print, video, audio, internet and other mediums;
- Produces videos for scoreboard shows or team/company promotional uses;
- Creates graphics in Photoshop for incorporation into scoreboard shows or other visual presentations;
- Recruits and manages a team of game day staff including scoreboard control technicians, PA announcer, live characters, cheerleaders, anthem singers and others;
- Generates scripts and timing rundowns for crew members;
- Works closely with other team members and departments to ensure our business commitments are met from an operational standpoint and activated;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A post graduate diploma or degree in a related field;
- 5-8 years of game day production experience within a football, hockey and soccer professional sport organization;
- 3-5 years practical experience in journalism/marketing communications is an asset;
- A love of sports and a good understanding of hockey, football and soccer;
- Experience organizing and executing public and social events;
- Is creative, highly organized and can handle many tasks at once;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premier and the internet;
- Excellent Communication skills, listening, verbal and written;
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems independently;
- Faces challenges head on to do more for the fans and business taking into account the priorities for the organization;
- Is a dynamic self starter who can operate in a fast paced environment;
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset.
Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group is a growing sports enterprise that is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while providing our employees with an environment in which they can thrive and be part of a winning team.
To apply, please visit www.oseg.ca/careers. We thank you in advance for your interest but will only be responding to those applicants that meet our requirements.