Director of Information Technology
The Director of Information Technology (IT) is responsible for the effective planning, organization and operation of information technology (IT) services and support across the organization. This individual oversees IT project coordination, resource management, supervision of IT staff, as well as communication with executive team, business unit leaders, and end users. The Director of IT is also responsible for IT strategic and tactical planning, as well as identifying, selecting, and deploying the appropriate technology resources that will support corporate goals and objectives. The Director of IT will also provide oversight for the operation and maintenance of all digital signage, scoreboards and audio/visual systems. Responsibilities include directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
- Plan, develop, and manage all IT services, programs, and support throughout the enterprise.
- Ensures software, hardware and network installs, re-installs, upgrades, moves, changes and relocations are made when necessary and as required.
- Assist senior management with the direction and facilitation of IT strategic and tactical planning.
- Assist in developing and managing a budget for technology, IT services, and personnel
- Conduct capacity planning for network bandwidth, storage requirements, messaging, Web sites, and other applications.
- Create and deliver business cases for technology acquisitions.
- Create status reports as required; present findings to senior management.
- Assist in the writing of grants, RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs.
- Directs and prioritizes the work load of subordinate personnel in accordance with technical requirements for business solutions and opportunities including IT and Network Support, Digital Signage, Audio/Visual Systems and Scoreboard Technologies.
- Reviews all hardware, software and mobile devices and applications where applicable prior to OSEG implementation.
- Approves all business requirements prior to the technical solution.
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Perform new installations and updates for all IT equipment, including desktops, laptops, printers, etc.
- Represents the IT function at review meeting when appropriate.
- Liaise with vendors and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective acquisition of technology purchases; oversee warranties and service agreements.
- Stay informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization, business partners, and/or customers.
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions.
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Produces detailed time line for each application release and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status.
- Directs education programs for IT and other required staff.
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and IT personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting.
- Performs salary administration and conducts interviews and makes recommendations for new hires, consultants and/or replacement personnel.
- Provide support for all hardware and software problems reported, documenting problems and solutions as required.
- Provide training to end users on both hardware and applicable software.
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions that will enhance or improve current business processes.
- Provide coordination for the I.T. Services group, in their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Supports and ensures operating viability of LAN (Local Area Network) for all hours of operation; routinely tunes system for optimum performance.
- Follows up on faulty hardware and software purchases by pursuing warranty advantage through distributors and manufacturers.
- Assist on projects or special initiatives as assigned.
- Research, design, and implement the appropriate technologies to support and improve corporate communications, access to information, and end-user productivity.
- Oversee project management for IT-related undertakings, including clear capture of business requirements, provision of functional deliverables, milestone planning, and project post mortems.
- Ensure that applicable project management practices are followed throughout project lifecycles.
- Plan end-user training as required.
- Act as advocate for IT department and its initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required.
- Minimum (4) four years of direct work experience in an IT management capacity required.
- Advanced overall knowledge of networking, operating system, and server architectures.
- Advanced knowledge of Web design/application principles and tools.
- Good overall knowledge of programming concepts, software development cycles, and associated tools and platforms, including.
- Proficiency with database management.
- Ability to quickly understand new technologies such as sport specific software/database packages, digital signage, scoreboards and audio/visual systems
- Proficiency with VPN networks, firewalls, encryption, and other aspects of network security technologies.
- Highly effective project management skills.
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Strong negotiation and prioritization skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of applicable IT laws and regulations, including federal, provincial and municipal access to information and privacy regulations.
- Some experience managing budgets for an IT department.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Bilingualism is an asset
Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group is a growing sports enterprise that is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while providing our employees with an environment in which they can thrive and be part of a winning team.
We thank you in advance for your interest but will only be responding to those applicants that meet our requirements.
Indeed - 4 months ago