Ottawa Police Service Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
fun place to work
Youth in Policing (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 October 2017
i really enjoyed my summer with the Ottawa police i met a lot of cool people. That i hope for my future i really hope it helps me to get a job with the Ottawa police
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 June 2017
great place to work with lots of benefits and flexibility. Challenge resides in the impact and mission of IT in a policing force organization. But certainly worth it!
Stable and demanding workplace
Detective Constable (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 November 2013
In more than eighteen years as a patrol officer, Detective, and Acting Sergeant with the Ottawa Police Service I have investigated and testified in a broad range of criminal cases including attempted murders, organized auto theft, fraud and domestic violence allegations that have resulted in successful prosecutions. My experience includes investigating numerous criminal frauds.

I have earned a reputation for integrity, loyalty and professionalism not only among my peers and supervisors but also with Crown prosecutors and other law enforcement agencies, including the Ontario Provincial Police, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Canadian border officials and the Insurance Bureau of Canada. I have effectively supervised two criminal investigative units as a sergeant and possess excellent management skills.

My track record of leadership has been formally recognized through numerous commendations and special assignments, including an assignment to the 2010 Winter Olympics and the Northern Investigations Unit, which provides outside investigation for cases of alleged major crime and deaths involving persons while in the custody of RCMP officers in Canada’s Northern Territories.

With a significant background in fraud investigations for the Ottawa Police Service in Ontario, Canada my last posting was in the Organized Auto Theft Section. This squad primarily investigated insurance frauds and focused on organized crime groups that obtained money from defrauding insurance companies. I have worked closely with the National Insurance Crime Bureau as well as the Insurance Bureau of
  more... Canada and have references to verify these working relationships.

My parting criminal project with the Organized Auto Theft Section won an award of excellence with the International Association of Auto Theft Investigators with the focus on insurance “Give Up’s” and/or auto insurance fraud which resulted in eight charged persons and yielded over eighty criminal charges. During my posting to the Organized Auto Theft Section I became a federally certified expert vehicle examiner.

My leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills allow me to assess a file in a timely manner and develop a detailed and thorough strategy for its investigation. Just as important, I possess proven skills to execute investigations that result in successful prosecutions.

My strong communication skills have allowed me to excel at the critical interpersonal aspects of investigations including field interviews, interrogations, and criminal court testimony as well as community relations. I am recognized by my supervisors and peers as an experienced and competent interviewer.
Association benifits