Ottawa Humane Society
Job Title: Customer Service Representative: Child and Youth Programs
Overall Purpose: Under the direction of the Director: Outreach and the Supervisor: Programs, the Customer Service Representative: Child and Youth Programs is responsible for facilitating programming at the Ottawa Humane Society.
In accordance with the OHS objectives, philosophies and policies and procedures, the CSR: Child and Youth Programs is responsible for the following:
1. Professional Responsibilities:
- Host and facilitate events for children and youth
- Provide a professional experience
- Lead educational activities, entertainment and games
- Conduct tours of the Ottawa Humane Society
- Plan, set up and take down of decorations and equipment
- Schedule volunteers and animals, with the appropriate staff and managers
- Communicate with parents and children in a professional way
- Supervise children and child-animal interaction
- Ensure animals and children safe at all times.
2. Administrative Responsibilities:
- Be thoroughly familiar with pertinent regulations, guidelines and OHS policies.
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings as required
- Provide training to volunteers
- Monitor supplies
- Take final payments for programs, as required
- Be familiar and ensure compliance with all health and safety policies and procedures
- Maintain the facility and equipment
3. Program Development
- Represent the OHS in a professional manner
- Participate in appropriate OHS committees
- Assist in evaluation of OHS programming
- Participate in the identification and achievement of OHS objectives
- May be required to participate in public relations and promotional activities
Education and experience:
- Grade 12 graduation diploma
- One year post secondary education, preferably in early childhood education, child and youth worker, or recreation or commensurate experience
- A minimum of six months experience working with children and youth
- First aid certification
- Excellent personal and facilitation skills
- Ability to relate to persons of all ages and of diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities
- Animal handling experience
- Excellent verbal skills in English are required
- Bilingualism (English/French) is preferred
Essential duties and working conditions:
- Employees will be required to work weekend and holiday shifts
- Employees will be required to wear a uniform designated by the employer
- Employment is conditional upon maintaining a valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to an automobile
- Employment is conditional upon the ability to work around all species of animals safely.
- Employment is conditional upon maintaining confidentiality of OHS information
Apply in writing only by 5:00 pm on Friday, May 23, 2014 to Lori Marcantonio, Director: Outreach.
The Ottawa Humane Society is a registered charity founded in 1888. The Society works in and with the community to provide leadership in the...