- Oversees and support Prep Cooks in synchronizing food preparation tasks
- Acts as a Senior to the Prep Cooks and ensure s day to day production, responds to
- Trains Prep Cooks on all aspects of the role, helping to enhance their cooking skills
- Read sand follows recipes – demonstrates proficiency in both hot and cold tasks/food
- Ensures there is sufficiently prepared food quantities for the banquets run as
smoothly and efficiently as possible
- Prepares and plates final food products ensuring an attractive presentation is achieved
- Ensures all food orders are completed in an efficient manner
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of culinary trends and use them where
- Ensures proper handling of all food products and equipment is maintained, to ensure
food safety and kitchen standards are adhered to at all times
- Ensures cleanliness and high sanitation standards are maintained at all times
- Organizes and maintains stock rooms and walk-in refrigerators
- At the end of the shift return all food items to designated storage areas - cover and
date all perishable items
- Understands and ensures HACCP guidelines are strictly followed.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Is actively working toward or has completed/written their Red Seal Certification.
- Able to complete complex tasks and may provide back up to the 1st Cook.
- Ensures recipes are followed to ensure quality standards are met.
Incumbents in the role of Second Cook must possess the following abilities:
- Ability to frequently move about a large facility, which could span several hundred
thousand feet, to perform work responsibilities, and inspections
- Ability to constantly handle, lift, and operate kitchen equipment
- Ability to constantly discern food quality and palatability
- Ability to constantly identify and rectify hazardous situations in the workplace
- Ability to constantly communicate, verbally and in writing, with clients, component
management, ARAMARK staff, and vendors
- Ability to occasionally operate office machinery
- Ability to frequently handle objects weighing 50 lbs or less
- Ability to frequently withstand high and low room temperatures and handle hot
- Ability to constantly work irregular hours, nights, and weekends
- Ability to act as a senior to the Prep Cooks and respond to their enquiries
- Ability to ensure Prep Cook production is accurate and timely
Required Qualifications / Certifications:
- Diploma or degree from an approved culinary training institution.
- Interprovincial Red Seal or working toward written Red Seal.
- Working knowledge of Cook, Chill Retherm cooking process
- Food Handlers Certification
o Visionary Leadership
o Leveraging Differences
o Building People Capability
- Delighting Customers/Clients
o Customer/Client Insights
o Building Performance-Based Relationships
o Organizational Collaboration
o Disciplined Execution
o Accountability for Excellence
o Impact and Influence