Ottawa Catholic School Board Employee Reviews

Great
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 October 2016
Great atmosphere positive people cant complain would recommend to anyone who likes children. Not that much room to move up or have benefits as a supply. Its all about who you know.
Fun and friendly workplace.
Turkish Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON12 September 2016
It is a very friendly and fun work place. I get the full support of the colleagues and the supervisors. They also provide training in new skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping kids learn new skills.
Pros
all the staff is friendly
Summer job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 February 2016
Worked full time over the summer.
returned a year later.
The hours were long however very accommodating.
Loved the environment. Very easy going.

Perfect Summer job.
Pros
free lunches sometimes.
Cons
you get dirty
Amazing environment to work in
EDP Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Nepean, Ontario11 October 2015
Amazing management and support given to their employees. It is a work place that you would truly love to grow and excel in. The job is rewarding and fulfilling.
Cons
Short Hours
Fun Workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 March 2015
Very productive, learnt many valuable lessons that could be applied to my everyday life such as arriving on time and working hard. And putting 100% in everything I do. These were valuable lessons I learnt from this job.
Not a good workplace
Registered Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON20 November 2014
The environment was okay but the toys were all broken and a few of the staff were just there to keep a job.
Great people, nice place to work.
Grounds crew (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2014
Always a busy day at work but a very rewarding job. It has taught me how to be resourceful and how to deal with conflicts head on. Overall it has been a great experience.
Hands-On Cleaning/Fixing Workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 April 2013
A normal day would consist of thorough cleaning of a section of a school or office building, and sometimes small repairs.
Pros
fun, safe work
Cons
very strict management
Love My Work
Currently work as a casual Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa ON13 March 2013
Working at the school board is a rewarding fun job...so many innocent rewards from helping children achieve academic and social goals.
Working in group homes and mental health also has its rewards when supporting troubled youth in finding structure for their lives and seeing them succeed in accomplishing those personal goals
Working with adults who suffer from addictions is a job I've done as a volunteer and as a paid employee and will continue to support people and provide them with the tools to take change of their own lives, and not have to live as a slave to their addiction

All of these jobs have amazing people who choose to go into these jobs...not for money but because they are passionate about helping others.
Very fun and relaxing place to work.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 February 2013
A typical day at work is very easy. I get to work at 8 am, unlock the doors and turn on the lights and make sure everything is neat and tidy when the kids come in. When all the teachers and students leave, I clean the entire school and leave at 3:30.
Pros
easy work
Cons
finish work early and have to sit around
Good career with great benefits and conditions
Casual caretaker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, On16 October 2012
would like to become full time to have access to benefit plan
Pros
excellent working conditions and colleagues
Cons
evening work
Its a fun place to be and hardworkers in the job placement
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 July 2012
My typicial day at work everyday is awsome and great I got to meet nice people and friendly workers. This is what i learned i learned how to clean sweep and do all the stuff custodian has to learn to be Abble to do it indepentely. Their Management Is pretty great they are really responsible in what they do and really Accurate with other workers in the buliding. My hardest part of the job is that i dont know to use the automatic floor cleaning machine. I never had an enjoyable time in parts of the cleaning job its just fine and ok to work with them again. I dont know any thing about my co- workers.

Ottawa Catholic School Board Reviews by Location