Ottawa Catholic School Board Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing environment to work in
EDP Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), Nepean, OntarioOctober 11, 2015
Cons: Short Hours
Amazing management and support given to their employees. It is a work place that you would truly love to grow and excel in. The job is rewarding and fulfilling.
Fun Workplace
Custodian (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 18, 2015
Very productive, learnt many valuable lessons that could be applied to my everyday life such as arriving on time and working hard. And putting 100% in everything I do. These were valuable lessons I learnt from this job.
Its a fun place to be and hardworkers in the job placement
Custodian (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 26, 2012
My typicial day at work everyday is awsome and great I got to meet nice people and friendly workers. This is what i learned i learned how to clean sweep and do all the stuff custodian has to learn to be Abble to do it indepentely. Their Management Is pretty great they are really responsible in what they do and really Accurate with other workers in the buliding. My hardest part of the job is that i dont know to use the automatic floor cleaning machine. I never had an enjoyable time in parts of the cleaning job its just fine and ok to work with them again. I dont know any thing about my co- workers.
Love My Work
Currently work as a casual Educational Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa ONMarch 13, 2013
Working at the school board is a rewarding fun job...so many innocent rewards from helping children achieve academic and social goals.
Working in group homes and mental health also has its rewards when supporting troubled youth in finding structure for their lives and seeing them succeed in accomplishing those personal goals
Working with adults who suffer from addictions is a job I've done as a volunteer and as a paid employee and will continue to support people and provide them with the tools to take change of their own lives, and not have to live as a slave to their addiction

All of these jobs have amazing people who choose to go into these jobs...not for money but because they are passionate about helping others.
Very fun and relaxing place to work.
Custodian (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: easy work
Cons: finish work early and have to sit around
A typical day at work is very easy. I get to work at 8 am, unlock the doors and turn on the lights and make sure everything is neat and tidy when the kids come in. When all the teachers and students leave, I clean the entire school and leave at 3:30.
Not a good workplace
Registered Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee), Orleans, ONNovember 20, 2014
The environment was okay but the toys were all broken and a few of the staff were just there to keep a job.
Great people, nice place to work.
Grounds crew (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 29, 2014
Always a busy day at work but a very rewarding job. It has taught me how to be resourceful and how to deal with conflicts head on. Overall it has been a great experience.
Hands-On Cleaning/Fixing Workplace
Custodian (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 12, 2013
Pros: fun, safe work
Cons: very strict management
A normal day would consist of thorough cleaning of a section of a school or office building, and sometimes small repairs.
Good career with great benefits and conditions
Casual caretaker (Current Employee), Ottawa, OnOctober 16, 2012
Pros: excellent working conditions and colleagues
Cons: evening work
would like to become full time to have access to benefit plan