Ottawa Catholic School Board Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Early Childhood Educator Assistant (Supply) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 October 2017
Helping children to learn and overcome their difficulties by engaging play. Their is lots of play witch is always fun. make the work environment very fun and willing to help. The staff is very friendly and help you when ever you need help
Pros
free sncks
Cons
short hours
Great if you have a permanent position
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 July 2017
It takes a long time to advance. There are no benefits for those of us in a contract or on call position. Hard to start a family without that security .
Love working here
ECE Supply (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 April 2017
They give you good money, and I get shifts pretty much everyday. Easy to make connections, and you can decide where you want to work - anywhere in Ottawa.
Overall a great place to work
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON19 April 2017
Great Board and I've developed many skills along the way! A bit redundant where support services are concerned. Would like to see up to date training.
Pros
Great hours per week
Cons
Not enough updated materials
Very organized institution with lots of job opportunities.
Supply Library Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 April 2017
A nice place to work regularly. Each of their schools are different in organization culture but the work procedures are similar which makes supplying in different schools quite easy.
Pros
Welcome attitude from the staff.
Cons
Outside dutties for the Library Technician
Fun with the co-worker and great experience.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 January 2017
Very helpful and understanding the people who needs the opportunity to change a better position in what he or she interested in.
Pros
Good place to work just not enough hours
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 January 2017
I liked working with the kids. It was difficult doing split shift with only 5 hours a day. Management does their best to insure a work life balace for the staff.
Great environment with great educators
Registered Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Stittsville, ON17 January 2017
OCSB has a many great educators and people who really enjoy working with children. Amazing place overall. The teachers are incredible and the administration can be supportive. The holidays are a wonderful perk of the job. The hours are great!

Pros
leadership training
professional development
sense of satisfaction contributing
to the development of children and youth.
great parent communities
great teacher communities
Early Childhood Educator Assistant
Supply Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 January 2017
To work with children is my passion. I have natural abilities working with them and get easily attachment. I manifest peace, kindness, patience. I help them in their growth emotionally, socially and physically. I am in the last quarter of the Early Childhood Education program at Algonquin college and have over 5 years of experience. Schools supervisors says they are lucky to have me when I go to supply teacher.
Great
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 October 2016
Great atmosphere positive people cant complain would recommend to anyone who likes children. Not that much room to move up or have benefits as a supply. Its all about who you know.
Fun and friendly workplace.
Turkish Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON12 September 2016
It is a very friendly and fun work place. I get the full support of the colleagues and the supervisors. They also provide training in new skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping kids learn new skills.
Pros
all the staff is friendly
Breath of fresh air.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON9 June 2016
Your job as a school board custodian is to clean up after 300 or so kids every day. It is a very hard but rewarding job. Diffrent type of work in the summer
Summer job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 February 2016
Worked full time over the summer.
returned a year later.
The hours were long however very accommodating.
Loved the environment. Very easy going.

Perfect Summer job.
Pros
free lunches sometimes.
Cons
you get dirty
Amazing environment to work in
EDP Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Nepean, Ontario11 October 2015
Amazing management and support given to their employees. It is a work place that you would truly love to grow and excel in. The job is rewarding and fulfilling.
Cons
Short Hours
Fun Workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 March 2015
Very productive, learnt many valuable lessons that could be applied to my everyday life such as arriving on time and working hard. And putting 100% in everything I do. These were valuable lessons I learnt from this job.
Not a good workplace
Registered Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON20 November 2014
The environment was okay but the toys were all broken and a few of the staff were just there to keep a job.
Great people, nice place to work.
Grounds crew (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2014
Always a busy day at work but a very rewarding job. It has taught me how to be resourceful and how to deal with conflicts head on. Overall it has been a great experience.
Hands-On Cleaning/Fixing Workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 April 2013
A normal day would consist of thorough cleaning of a section of a school or office building, and sometimes small repairs.
Pros
fun, safe work
Cons
very strict management
Love My Work
Currently work as a casual Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa ON13 March 2013
Working at the school board is a rewarding fun job...so many innocent rewards from helping children achieve academic and social goals.
Working in group homes and mental health also has its rewards when supporting troubled youth in finding structure for their lives and seeing them succeed in accomplishing those personal goals
Working with adults who suffer from addictions is a job I've done as a volunteer and as a paid employee and will continue to support people and provide them with the tools to take change of their own lives, and not have to live as a slave to their addiction

All of these jobs have amazing people who choose to go into these jobs...not for money but because they are passionate about helping others.
Very fun and relaxing place to work.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 February 2013
A typical day at work is very easy. I get to work at 8 am, unlock the doors and turn on the lights and make sure everything is neat and tidy when the kids come in. When all the teachers and students leave, I clean the entire school and leave at 3:30.
Pros
easy work
Cons
finish work early and have to sit around