Ottawa Carleton District School Board

Ottawa Carleton District School Board Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing place to work
Casual Educational Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 2, 2013
Great Company to work for, they have a lot of great resources.
arabic structre
Arabic Instructor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 28, 2013
Pros: early time
Cons: the teaching time is very short
I go to school in each Saturday at 9:00. I spend the whole day teaching and doing activities for the students. being a teacher I have learned very important things in like being on time, multitasking and being responsible for the others. on the other hand management is very beneficial in the classroom. My relationship with the co-workers helps me with – more... teaching, we share thoughts and opinions about teaching methods and lessons. The hardest part of the job is to spend extra time with students who are in lower stage that the other students, but I try to divide students in equal groups and that way students can also learn from each other. The most enjoyable part is when I see my students progress in their learning stage and when I build a strong connection between me and the students – less
good people to work for
Custodian (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 21, 2013
work is steady pace,most co-wokers were good to work with.the best part of the job was the kids at the schools,they really look up to you and the younger ones take an interest in what you do.most of teachers were good to help out but there was a few never.
Get out as much out as you put in
Elected Trustee, Zone #7 (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: helping people navigate the system
Cons: provincial government interference
There are many ways to approach this task, but what makes it worthwhile is the opportunity to change the organizational culture and improve the delivery of education.
Ottawa Carleton District School Board
Custodian (Former Employee), Ridgemont HighschoolSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: hours
Cons: cleaning the washroom
I learned a lot when I was working for the school board as a custodian. At first it was hard but throughout the month it got easier. My coworkers were very nice and they showed me how to do lots of tasks on my own.