The Ottawa-Carleton District School Board invites applications
for the following position:
Educational Assistants (Casual)
Job Posting # 398154
Educational Assistants work in elementary and secondary schools with special education students, both in integrated and in congregated sites, as well as in an itinerant capacity, assisting in the assessment of students for appropriate placement. A day in the life of an Educational Assistant may include: administering medication: responding to students’ physical needs such as dressing and feeding; communicating through sign language or Braille; preparing, modifying or adapting learning materials; and much more!
- Community college diploma as a Developmental Services Worker, a Child and Youth Worker Diploma, or an equivalent program
- Current First Aid/CPR certificate
- 1 to 2 years of related experience with school-aged special needs students
- Experience with, and knowledge and understanding of social, emotional and physical needs of students with learning disabilities or physical challenges
- Knowledge of the Ontario curriculum, and education communication software such as Dragon and Kurzweil is an asset
To Apply: www.applytoeducation.com
Click on ‘New Users’ at the top of the page.
Select ‘Support Applicants’
Select ‘Occasional’, and then ‘Save’
Fill out your Personal Information and create a Username and Password
Select OCDSB, and pay either online or by cheque.
Ensure you upload/scan the following Supporting Documents: Resume, Reference Letters,
Qualification Certificates/Diplomas (formal training in Payroll Administration, Accounting), Certificates in First Aid, CPR.
**Apply to applicable job posting: # 398154 Educational Assistant (Casual)
HR will screen your resume and invite you to an interview if you meet the qualifications of the position you have applied for.
Personal information gathered through the application process is collected under the authority of
the Municipal Act, RSO 1980, c302 (as amended), and will be used to determine the qualification for employment with the OCDSB. Questions about this collection should be directed to the
Manager, Human Resources, 133 GreenbankRoad, Nepean, Ontario K2H 6L3.
The Ottawa-Carleton District School Board is committed to equity for all students and staff and to delivering the highest quality education through a qualified workforce that reflects the diversity of the students and communities it serves.