Otis Elevator Company

Otis Elevator Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It's hard to resist to work while working with wonderful team :)
Sr. Sales Engineer (Former Employee), Delhi, IndiaAugust 2, 2013
The organisation not just provide platform to work by also nourish the employee’s skills too
The excellent brand value makes us proud to be associate with.
productive and easy to work for when you look at the job at the end of every day and you see progress
electrician / construction (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: the pay is great and the people you work with are one of a kind
Cons: having to keep your eye out for people sticking there head into the hoist way
I think that when you look up the hoistway at the end of the day and you see all the doors leading edges and door bucks all in line all perfect you have a great sence of accomplishment and your day that was so hard became a great accomplishment and it was all worth it
International company, Good technical exeperience, Multiple department knowledge.
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJuly 13, 2014
Pros: housing loans, company car
Cons: working hours
Service operations, Review with all India field engineers. Training, Knowledge sharing, support for major breakdowns, shut downs, accident reporting.
Work Independently, handle big projects, support to R&D projects.
changing times
Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, INJuly 5, 2014
Pros: people, name recognition of product
Cons: horrible corporate management, typecasting by local management
Otis Elevator has historically been a great place to work. United Technologies (Otis' parent company), in recent years, made decisions and gave orders that were not possible to complete. As a result, the operations that relocated from Bloomington, IN and Nogales, Mexico to Florence, SC caused major problems and unnecessary issues that adversely impacted – more... all the people involved, all the sales people in the field, the products and the company as a whole.

The best part of the job has always been the people. – less
Good Company
Assistant Adjustor & Service Engineer (Former Employee), MumbaiJune 12, 2014
I was happy workin previously in this company.I had worked on site in Adjustment of elevators.Servicing of elevators.Maintainance of escalator and its breakdowns.
good learning experience
CAD Designer (Former Employee), Bloomington, InJune 5, 2014
learned all about elevators and gained new skills in Pro-E
learned sheet metal program
gained experience in PDM system Windchill
A great place to work as an intern
Intern (Former Employee), Florence, SCMay 13, 2014
1) Everyday, all the interns were assigned certain tasks by the supervisor, which we had to complete within certain amount of days. However, we were not pressured to finish all the tasks on time.

2) I learned how to do time-study analysis and how to create pictorial instructions. Furthermore, I learned how all the machines are assembled.

3) All the – more... co-workers (interns) were my friends from college, so it was easy to interact and communicate during work.

4) The hardest part of the job was to finish tasks that were never assigned before, and to also work on several tasks simultaneously.

5) The most enjoyable part of the job was being an intern itself. There are no real responsibilities like an actual job. We were learning. – less
Productive work environment during the time I was there..
Collections and Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 25, 2014
Pros: good location; easy access to public transporttion.
Cons: management turnover was constant.
Typical work day was filled with customer phone calls; out-going & in-coming; processing of reports& correspondance. Meetings held with Sales Reps & Mgrs. weekly & monthly. I learned a bit about Accounting. I got along with co-workers. Most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with customers and creating the collection reports.
No Job Security
IS Help Desk Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, INMarch 22, 2014
Pros: facility; benefits
Cons: job security
I really enjoyed what I did. I thought I made a difference. My area was outsourced, which was a kick in the gut.
enchances your career
lift mechanic (Former Employee), otis indiaMarch 13, 2014
Pros: flexiblity
both in house and field makes it more enjoyable
various skills to be an allarounder
management is concerened for their employees
co- workers are always ready to support anytime
procuring the spares on jobsite
to see the customers delighted when job is done
Varied but unorganised. Nothing is explained clearly.
ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), West MidlandsMarch 10, 2014
Pros: short commute
Cons: unorganised, little help given with the systems, unprofessional attitude
Typical day can be varied which is good, but the area where I sit is a mess. Paperwork everywhere and just lying around.

In terms of the work, there are little to no procedures to follow and nothing is explained to me very clearly for the many systems they use. I'm afraid to ask questions because apparently I'm already supposed to know it after unclear – more... brief explanations from a couple of weeks prior.

Co workers are ok for the most part but some can be two faced about other coworkers when they are not present. Talking negatively about others when they are not there in a condescending derogatory manner (myself included most likely). Not a very professional atmosphere.

At first I wanted to stay here for the long term as it is a very short commute and the work even though is unclear and not explained properly, is actually pretty involving and engaging which keeps me busy throughout the day. Now I'd be happy to just want to move on once my contract finishes.

The basic summary is because I'm a temp here I've just been thrown there with little to no help given on anything (logins etc). I don't feel valued here whatsoever. There are better places to work. – less
One of the safest companys to work for.
Installer/Helper (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 25, 2014
This company sets the standards in safety. we re-modified elevator; disassemble and reassemble motors, rewire controllers and install and wire in a new control operating panel. We also replaced the roller guides, ropes, governor, and added a rope griper for additional safety.
A Rewarding Place To Work
Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Farmington, CTJanuary 22, 2014
(Temporary Contractor) At the Otis Research And Development Center, we strive to develop safer, smarter and energy efficient elevator systems. My primary responsibilities as a Contractor include the prototyping of various assemblies related to all of the elevator's operating systems. These systems include the Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical and Remote – more... Monitoring of the actual elevator. I performed all stages of prototyping under the guidance of the Engineering Department. This includes the use of Hand and Power Tools, Electronic Test Equipment, Soldering Printed Circuit Boards, Wiring and Fabrication. I am familiar with all types of Soldering from Thru- Hole, SMT, Trace Cuts, Component Modifications, Wire Bonding and some Die Attach. After the Fabrication Stage has been completed, I also assist with Testing and Data Collection of the new equipment. The Testing includes Thermal, Environmental, and Surge Protection of the various operating systems. Once the equipment is fully tested it is sent out into the field and installed in a functioning elevator where more testing is done. – less
good place to work
Elevator Technician (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIDecember 25, 2013
Pros: great learning experince
Cons: hard labor
Great learning experience hard but satisfying place to work. People very helpful will to teach you the ropes of the job.
Very productive, too demanding.
Technical Service Rep (Former Employee), Farmington, CTDecember 17, 2013
Workplace became really stressful because of change in management. Good work ethics though.
Only reason I'm no longer there is due to re-locating
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Needham, MADecember 12, 2013
Pros: company, management, benefits
United Technology companies are incredible to work for. The benefits are amazing. Hated leaving.
instructive workplace
Maintenance Engineer and Troubleshooter (Former Employee), Budapest, PEDecember 3, 2013
Elevators maintenance, and keeping contact with costumers.
It was not easy because my terrítory was power station, hotels and pharmacys.
If broked a elevator, I repaired, and informed costumers.
Basically I worked along but if needed I worked with colleges.
I learned more and more elevator systems.
I learned high safety standards.
Is a wonderful company, but they setup the company facility in the wrong town
Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Florence, SCNovember 13, 2013
Is top of the line or AA++ company in the UTC group to work for it...
The Best Company
Executive in Construction Department (Former Employee), Chennai , TamilnaduOctober 23, 2013
The Best Company in the world
I Joined as Field trainee Aftewards I improved my position as a Construction Executive
A day in the field with Otis Elevator Company..
Elevator Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Philadelphia P.A. and Tri-state areaOctober 7, 2013
Pros: working in the field
Cons: management is ruining the industry..
It is quite the rat race..
Educational is very good..
Is Horrible ..Micro Management,In experience,Cold
Scared....
Dealing with Management..
Working on elevators and meeting new people

1 2 3

About Otis Elevator Company

Floor, please? Otis Elevator is headed up. A United Technologies (UTC) subsidiary, Otis Elevator (Otis) accounts for some 20% – Read more

Otis Elevator Company Photos