Otis Elevator Company

Otis Elevator Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overal great place to work
Product Support Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Florence, SCApril 14, 2015
Good culture, good management, good pay, challenging work. The factory is located in Florence, SC which isn't the best place to live. I learned a lot from each of the managers I've had. I was able to move around inside the company to experience different roles. Very safe, a strong safety culture.
Very good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Farmington, CTApril 6, 2015
Pros: Co- workers where nice.
Cons: short lunch
I would have to answer a high call volume. Had to stay calm when someone was stuck in a elevator and was panicking. I loved that we worked all over the world learning all the time zones. I enjoyed that I was able to speak my language and was working for Canada and earning extra money. The hardest of the job for me is when I called the mechanic to find and eta and if the eta was one hr and telling the person that is in the elevator ,and making sure he or she would stay calm. Co- workers where awesome so all and all I enjoyed everything about the company.
By working satisfacion
Supervisor NI and MOD (Former Employee), Guadalajara, JAL, MexicoMarch 30, 2015
Pros: the high quality of unionized technicians
Cons: No tools, large a territory, no support in the office
Otis Elevadores Mexico, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico

Pleases me greatly work in different locations, always finding different challenges and feel the satisfaction of meeting the goals and objectives
Fast Paced Environment
Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee), Florence, SCMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work is demanding but yet productive. Constantly meeting demands of management and resolving issues with suppliers as well as other departments. My co-workers are pleasant and hard working. The most enjoyable part of my job is resolving issues within the finance department. I have a sense of accomplishment.
Management Professional
Management and Technical Positions (Various) (Former Employee), Bloomington, INMarch 22, 2015
Proven Management Professional with administrative, managerial, supervisory, and project management skills and abilities honed in a successful career in Facilities and Environment, Health, and Safety (EH&S) within the manufacturing industry. Served domestic and international operations in Mexico, Malaysia, Ukraine and the Czech Republic. Known for creating systems-based solutions to resolve complex organizational problems requiring precise execution and attention to detail. Recognized for collaborative, team-based, management style.
Fast Paced Office
Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Portland, ORMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, monthly pot lucks/team building events.
Cons: the benefits are terrible.
A typical day at work is fast paced and the time goes by so fast. My day consists of assisting the sales reps with different issues with incoming project jobs. I issue the job number, compile the documentation, send out certificates, invoice out the down payments, and load the job into system, handle customer’s questions or complaints. Some projects need certified payroll, as well as progressive payment with schedule of values. I assist the Superintendent with the permit process for the State of Oregon and the State of Washington, in addition to capturing material and labor for each project, assigning the technicians to the job and applying the PO’s to the correct job. This is a fascinating and exciting position. Obstacles and challenges are an everyday occurrence, a great sense of humor is needed, being easygoing and good natured helps get through a day that can have lots of stress.
ON THE JOB
Lift Mechanic (Former Employee), SYDNEYMarch 15, 2015
WE ALL WORK AS TEAM START THE DAY WITH THE EMMERGANCY CALLS AND URGENT SERVICES NEDDED AND COVER THE OTHER NEW CALLS FOR REPAIRS .THE REST OF THE DAY WE USALY DO ROTEEN MAINTENANCE .
Great co to work for , good bebefits !
Mechanic , Elevator , Escalator (Former Employee), NY N.Y.February 27, 2015
Pros: otis was the best co, i ever woked for, plenty of overtime !
Cons: laid off along with 2000 others on the weekend, not much notice !
I worked in 5th Subway basement , under the World Trade Center ; installing Escalators , and Elevators .When it was first started 1968 , by the time we finished toping off both Towers 1972 , I worked on the Highest Escalator in the World 101st floor to the 105th floor!
That weekend Otis laid off 2000 workers , That's Life ! We had a good run !
Good company to work for
Apprentice (Current Employee), Lanham, MDFebruary 22, 2015
Pros- good amount of work on the books, Great benefits
Cons- not good communication between office workers and field workers.
Excellent place to learn skills on Accounts / Computer
Admin Executive (Former Employee), ChennaiFebruary 19, 2015
Had oppurtunity to learn powerpoint presentation and MS Office Word as well admin and operation related correspondance
Great company to work for
Modernization Sales Manager/Account Executive (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 9, 2015
OTIS is a great company to work for. I have been there for over 7 years and love the sales and customer service side of it. I have been training and mentoring many employees under me for a couple of years and enjoy every minute of it.
A so-so place to work
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Florence, SCDecember 14, 2014
Pros: engineers want to learn to make things better, cheaper, faster.
Cons: check out the paragraph.
The personnel on the floor can get the job done, but, like any work force, the supervisor must stay available/seen for them to make rate. The management, particularly the Operations Manager, has the problem solving techniques of a dinosaur. His technique about overcoming problems is to throw more personnel at it. When the job is completed, lay them off. Cannot think past his desk, and has an aversion to, long-term solutions. Doesn't like training personnel on the floor. The training is done by the Supervisor, at their level. The Engineers are doing so much paperwork and attend so many meetings, they can't get anything done on the floor. Most have meetings 7 out of the 8 hours a day. The contractors are the only ones whom are really getting things done. There was a recent 'epiphany' at the CEO level, the project tracking should be done via Excel spreadsheet rather than MS Project. The management even went to China for a week to come up with this clunky, hard-to-use, time consuming and; in the opinion of most of the engineers, completely worthless method to track projects. A position was actually created in each plant for a person to attend all meetings just to ensure this worthless method was implemented and updated. I spoke to this person and asked questions about how to incorporate date changes, include steps that could've been forgotten and remembered later, and alarms in the software to notify you about project impacts, to which they couldn't answer. I stated MS Project actually can do this. Most of the meetings I attended were to update the file, not solve any problems. – more... The engineers are very eager to learn and are willing to spend a great deal of time with more senior and experienced engineers. They love being mentored it and is like a welcome rain shower during a drought. It takes almost a year to put through and authorize a drawing change, no matter how minor. Aerospace companies can implement a drawing change in about 1-4 months. The accounting manager has the office next to the plant manager. Not the production manager. The Supply Chain folks did more to educate me about how the plant works than most of the engineers. They were more open to making changes than the management was. Making elevators is a very enlightening experience. There's more to it than a box with a motor and cables to haul it up and down. – less
Very dynamic and fast enviorment
NEQ/MOD Superintendent (Former Employee), Albany, NYDecember 1, 2014
Pros: endless resourceses
Cons: no down time
Otis does expect you to be on the job 24/7. There is no way to get around this, the way the system works. Pay is fair and benefits are good. The long history of this company has enriched their knowledge of the industry and its equipment.
Great company
Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Madrid, MDNovember 17, 2014
It was an important opportunity to make some practices in this company. Also, people can participate in important projects.
This is best company.
QUALITY,PURCHASE,PRODUCTION,STORE,TECH EXP. (Former Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 16, 2014
i got to learn many things in otis eg. business development, customer satisfaction, team leading , new creation. etc but im leaving this company because of my family problem . thank you otis.
Excellent
Customer Service Representative/ Elite Specialist (Former Employee), Farmington CTOctober 22, 2014
Excellent benefits and there's a lot of growth room. The food in the cafeteria is really good too
UTC Company with great benefits
Sr Controls Design Technician (Former Employee), Farmington, CTOctober 17, 2014
Pros: utc training
Cons: long hours
Engineering and design for people mover systems.
great people and management.
Some travel but not extreme.
Schedule and Organize reapirs
Code Compliance Financial Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 1, 2014
Operations work, and sales

Learned Sales and operations work

Knowledge of tough is industry is tough to figure out.

Flexible hours and ability to work from home is most enjoyable.
Typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Farmington, CTOctober 1, 2014
Pros: work space
Cons: no benefits
Taking inbound calls & making calls.
Good work space.
Teamwork & enjoyable coworkers.
Productive and challenging to meet the daily schedule and shippment dates..
Product Manager for Escalator (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: had retiring paln, medical
I joined as shop supervisor and left the company as product manager.
Got chance to work in each department from production to accounts. Attended each programme which were sponsored by company. Had full job satisfaction

1 2 3 4

About Otis Elevator Company

Floor, please? Otis Elevator is headed up. A United Technologies (UTC) subsidiary, Otis Elevator (Otis) accounts for some 20% – Read more

Otis Elevator Company Photos