Otis Elevator Company

Otis Elevator Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
No Job Security
IS Help Desk Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, INMarch 22, 2014
Pros: facility; benefits
Cons: job security
I really enjoyed what I did. I thought I made a difference. My area was outsourced, which was a kick in the gut.
enchances your career
lift mechanic (Former Employee), otis indiaMarch 13, 2014
Pros: flexiblity
both in house and field makes it more enjoyable
various skills to be an allarounder
management is concerened for their employees
co- workers are always ready to support anytime
procuring the spares on jobsite
to see the customers delighted when job is done
Varied but unorganised. Nothing is explained clearly.
ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), West MidlandsMarch 10, 2014
Pros: short commute
Cons: unorganised, little help given with the systems, unprofessional attitude
Typical day can be varied which is good, but the area where I sit is a mess. Paperwork everywhere and just lying around.

In terms of the work, there are little to no procedures to follow and nothing is explained to me very clearly for the many systems they use. I'm afraid to ask questions because apparently I'm already supposed to know it after unclear – more... brief explanations from a couple of weeks prior.

Co workers are ok for the most part but some can be two faced about other coworkers when they are not present. Talking negatively about others when they are not there in a condescending derogatory manner (myself included most likely). Not a very professional atmosphere.

At first I wanted to stay here for the long term as it is a very short commute and the work even though is unclear and not explained properly, is actually pretty involving and engaging which keeps me busy throughout the day. Now I'd be happy to just want to move on once my contract finishes.

The basic summary is because I'm a temp here I've just been thrown there with little to no help given on anything (logins etc). I don't feel valued here whatsoever. There are better places to work. – less
One of the safest companys to work for.
Installer/Helper (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 25, 2014
This company sets the standards in safety. we re-modified elevator; disassemble and reassemble motors, rewire controllers and install and wire in a new control operating panel. We also replaced the roller guides, ropes, governor, and added a rope griper for additional safety.
A Rewarding Place To Work
Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Farmington, CTJanuary 22, 2014
(Temporary Contractor) At the Otis Research And Development Center, we strive to develop safer, smarter and energy efficient elevator systems. My primary responsibilities as a Contractor include the prototyping of various assemblies related to all of the elevator's operating systems. These systems include the Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical and Remote – more... Monitoring of the actual elevator. I performed all stages of prototyping under the guidance of the Engineering Department. This includes the use of Hand and Power Tools, Electronic Test Equipment, Soldering Printed Circuit Boards, Wiring and Fabrication. I am familiar with all types of Soldering from Thru- Hole, SMT, Trace Cuts, Component Modifications, Wire Bonding and some Die Attach. After the Fabrication Stage has been completed, I also assist with Testing and Data Collection of the new equipment. The Testing includes Thermal, Environmental, and Surge Protection of the various operating systems. Once the equipment is fully tested it is sent out into the field and installed in a functioning elevator where more testing is done. – less
good place to work
Elevator Technician (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIDecember 25, 2013
Pros: great learning experince
Cons: hard labor
Great learning experience hard but satisfying place to work. People very helpful will to teach you the ropes of the job.
Very productive, too demanding.
Technical Service Rep (Former Employee), Farmington, CTDecember 17, 2013
Workplace became really stressful because of change in management. Good work ethics though.
Only reason I'm no longer there is due to re-locating
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Needham, MADecember 12, 2013
Pros: company, management, benefits
United Technology companies are incredible to work for. The benefits are amazing. Hated leaving.
instructive workplace
Maintenance Engineer and Troubleshooter (Former Employee), Budapest, PEDecember 3, 2013
Elevators maintenance, and keeping contact with costumers.
It was not easy because my terrítory was power station, hotels and pharmacys.
If broked a elevator, I repaired, and informed costumers.
Basically I worked along but if needed I worked with colleges.
I learned more and more elevator systems.
I learned high safety standards.
Is a wonderful company, but they setup the company facility in the wrong town
Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Florence, SCNovember 13, 2013
Is top of the line or AA++ company in the UTC group to work for it...
The Best Company
Executive in Construction Department (Former Employee), Chennai , TamilnaduOctober 23, 2013
The Best Company in the world
I Joined as Field trainee Aftewards I improved my position as a Construction Executive
A day in the field with Otis Elevator Company..
Elevator Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Philadelphia P.A. and Tri-state areaOctober 7, 2013
Pros: working in the field
Cons: management is ruining the industry..
It is quite the rat race..
Educational is very good..
Is Horrible ..Micro Management,In experience,Cold
Scared....
Dealing with Management..
Working on elevators and meeting new people
it was totally a different experience
Construction Executive (Former Employee), Trichur, KLOctober 1, 2013
the execution of a job was a thrilled one.
work site safety was a must thing.
Engineering
Apprentice Trainee (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 19, 2013
good experience in otis elevator company and learned so many things in technical/management/marketing/sales
Had great experiences
Account Manager- Capital District Territory (Former Employee), Albany, NYAugust 13, 2013
will describe upon request. Typical sales position, business to business, created contracts, maintained communication, prepared bids, etc.
Industry leader
Regional Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2013
It was extremely rewarding working in an industry leading (and founding) organization. The technical capabilities of Otis' products and services and the employees' knowledge was inspiring.
 10th Passed from U.P Board in 2002.  12th Passed fromU.P Board in 2004.  B.SC from Agra University in 2007.  MCA From Sikkim Manipal University i
office assistant & Sales (Former Employee), Agra, UPJuly 8, 2013
 10th Passed from U.P Board in 2002.
 12th Passed fromU.P Board in 2004.
 B.SC from Agra University in 2007.
 MCA From Sikkim Manipal University in 2010.
Professional Qualification:-
 Completed one year diploma in Electronics.
Experience:-
 Two Year Job in Otis Elevator As office assistant Post.
Elevator Company
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 14, 2013
Working there was a good learning experience, and there was always new technology and concepts to learn about.
Great company to work for.
Account Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 5, 2013
Pros: with locations all over the country, working in different areas of the country has been a plus.
Cons: compression at the management level creates limited career upward mobility.
Strong corporate company with great training. Offers many different career opportunities.
It wasn't a good fit for me.
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 22, 2013
I really didn't have anyone managing me or helping me to learn the position.

Bobby123 – June 2, 2013

Don't feel bad, it is not you, but rather the way this disorganized company works. Quoted by Otis managers as "The Otis way" throw you in and no support to learn your job responsibilities, nor support to help you be successful. It is sickening way of doing business, and it never stops. Be glad you moved on.

1 2 3

About Otis Elevator Company

Floor, please? Otis Elevator is headed up. A United Technologies (UTC) subsidiary, Otis Elevator (Otis) accounts for some 20% – Read more

Otis Elevator Company Photos