Position: PR & Social Media Internship (Unpaid - 1day/week)
Reports to: Director, Fund Development
Location: Toronto, ON
About Osteoporosis Canada
Osteoporosis Canada, a registered charity, is the only national organization serving people who have, or are at risk for, osteoporosis. The organization works to educate, empower and support individuals and communities in the risk-reduction and treatment of osteoporosis.
Sadly, at least 1 in 3 women and 1 in 5 men will suffer from an osteoporotic fracture during their lifetime, with treatment costing the Canadian health care system upwards of 2 billion dollars annually. Osteoporosis Canada endeavors to advocate on behalf of those affected by this debilitating disease, with the ultimate vision of a Canada without osteoporotic fractures.
Interning for Osteoporosis Canada
The Osteoporosis Canada PR & Social Media Internship is designed to introduce students to the not-for-profit fundraising industry and to train them to work to the standards of a national charity. Located in the beautiful Shoppes at Don Mills, Osteoporosis Canada provides interns with a comfortable and convenient working environment.
This unique and challenging opportunity will provide students with valuable experience in the PR field as well as the opportunity to make an impact in the lives of Canadians in need.
The PR & Social Media Intern will play a key role in advancing our fundraising and events initiatives. The successful candidate will gain practical, hands-on experience in all aspects of promoting an event, an organization and various programs through the use of social media as well as a variety of mediums. The internship also provides a valuable opportunity to build their professional portfolio by being given interesting and thought-provoking tasks.
The PR & Social Media Intern will:
- Research relevant social media outlets to communicate Osteoporosis Canada’s programs and activities
- Develop a manual of best practices for PR & social media
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for a set campaign and/or event
- Monitor and develop social media strategies and tools to utilize opportunities to promote awareness of event
- Provide administrative assistance for the department as required
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Current enrollment in post-secondary program relating to PR, marketing, or a similar field
- Ability to promote a campaign and/or event through all mediums, including: social media, web, print, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with a customer service orientation
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong professional ethics and a commitment to confidentiality
How to Apply
If you are interested in the opportunity to develop your professional profile while making a difference in the lives of Canadians suffering from osteoporosis, please send your cover letter and resume by February 15th, 2013. Thank you for your interest!