Position: Fundraising & Events Internship (Unpaid - 1day/week)
Reports to: Director, Fund Development
Location: Toronto, ON
About Osteoporosis Canada
Osteoporosis Canada, a registered charity, is the only national organization serving people who have, or are at risk for, osteoporosis. The organization works to educate, empower and support individuals and communities in the risk-reduction and treatment of osteoporosis.
Sadly, at least 1 in 3 women and 1 in 5 men will suffer from an osteoporotic fracture during their lifetime, with treatment costing the Canadian health care system upwards of 2 billion dollars annually. Osteoporosis Canada endeavors to advocate on behalf of those affected by this debilitating disease, with the ultimate vision of a Canada without osteoporotic fractures.
Interning for Osteoporosis Canada
The Osteoporosis Canada Fundraising/Events Internship is designed to introduce students to the not-for-profit fundraising industry and to train them to work to the standards of a national charity. Located in the beautiful Shoppes at Don Mills, Osteoporosis Canada provides interns with a comfortable and convenient working environment.
This unique and challenging opportunity will provide students with valuable fundraising experience as well as the opportunity to make an impact in the lives of Canadians in need.
The Fundraising & Events intern will play a key role in advancing our fundraising and events initiatives. The successful candidate will gain practical, hands-on experience in all aspects of fundraising and event management, and build their professional portfolio by being given interesting and thought-provoking tasks.
The Fundraising & Events Intern will:
- Research prospective corporate sponsors; create a database based on research
- Disseminate stewardship of event participation in a timely fashion
- Source vendors for event related materials
- Develop an event manual of best practices for fundraising & events
- Source volunteer and community groups
- Attend information sessions
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for a set campaign and/or event
- Research potential funding sources
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Current enrollment in post-secondary program relating to fundraising, event management, or a similar field
- Ability to plan and execute an event from start to finish
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with a customer service orientation
- Experience working with volunteers
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong professional ethics and a commitment to confidentiality
How to Apply
If you are interested in the opportunity to develop your professional profile while making a difference in the lives of Canadians suffering from osteoporosis, please send your cover letter and resume by February 15th, 2013 . Thank you for your interest!