OSRAM SYLVANIA

OSRAM SYLVANIA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
dinamic work environment with dedicated people
Sr. Software QA Engineer/Lead (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 10, 2013
interesting products and passion for working
fun place to work
new technologies being developed
daily status meeting
monthly company progress status
Workplace offers opportunity for training
Management Accountant & Sales Controller (Current Employee), Midrand, GPJuly 14, 2014
Pros: salary and that employer pays for studies
Cons: lack of structure
I have gained a lot of experience in the financial and controlling field.
During a typical day I will do profit and pricing analysis. The company provide opportunity to gain experience in all fields of business.

I get along with all my co-workers.

I am finding the lack of structure the hardest part of my job at the moment. I am a person that can work – more... independently however I need initial guidance as to my core functions.

The most enjoyable part is the trust that management put in my abilities and that can make independent decisions. – less
PURCHASING
PURCHASING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Sylvania, KYJuly 2, 2014
Lighting manufacturer located in central Kentucky. Various types of industrial and commercial lighting products. Considered a world class company. Major employer in Winchester and Versailles, KY.
German run US operating company
Sr. Project Manager, Business Unit Luminaires (Current Employee), Danvers, MAJune 30, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Going through some industry transition pain. Have traditionally been a bulb company, need to transition to a fixture, solutions and parts company.
Good working conditions, gym on first floor
Account Specialist III (Current Employee), Danvers, MAJune 18, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: morning traffic
I've been there for 1 ½ years and will be moving out of state, that is the only reason I am looking for another job
Struggling to compete
Marketing (Former Employee), Danvers, MAJune 10, 2014
Company is now run by Japanese parent organization. Very different than 15 years ago. Use to be good work life balance. Use to have the best products in the market but failed to capitalize on the market shift. Struggled to keep up. Great co-workers but it could be hard to climb the ladder. Best part of the job was the people and the products. Worst – more... part was the management – less
Loved
Quality Technician Grade (Former Employee), Warren,PAMay 21, 2014
Pros: benefits were good and people were awesome
Cons: a few miles away...no other complaints
I liked working here alot.
Got my Associate Degree in Quality Control Tech,
Was two classes away from Bachelors degree whent my job was eliminated because stuff was sent overseas.

good work invironment.
nice co workers and management.
great benefits
Very Dynamic Place to work
Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee), York, PAMay 12, 2014
Very Dynamic Place to work, unfortunately have to leave due to the announcement of a the plant closing.
Great company
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAMay 2, 2014
it was a great company to work for also employee was good to work with
a joy to be there everyday.
order picker/ shipping and receiving (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 12, 2014
good team work, excellent management, good job, plenty of respect for your being there working hard.
Good paying job
Mechanic (Former Employee), Saint Marys, PAApril 3, 2014
Pros: challenging, compensation
Cons: very hot, can't use vacation when you want
This is a good-paying job that offers a lot of overtime - some mandatory. It is a unique set of skills required for most positions here. There is an extensive training program that helps with that, but you better be mechanically inclined entering the position. It is automated equipment with many, many variables that go into each set of machines. It – more... is more of a problem solving job than it is hard labor. If you like to be challenge mentally, this is a perfect factory job for you. – less
Great Workplace and Job
Branch Administrator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 26, 2014
Great company to work with, Unfortunately the company transitioned and there was a job loss nationwide
multicultural place to work
Marketing Coordinator Andean Region (Former Employee), Bogota, NJMarch 12, 2014
different cultures work with the same goal
everyone is interested in learning and helping other people
Great Employees!
Senior Systems Analyst (Regional Lead Manager) (Current Employee), Danvers, MassMarch 10, 2014
Overall great place to work. Management need to be more communicative with employees
Not a great place to work.
FORKLIFT DRIVER (Former Employee), Versailles, KYMarch 6, 2014
I worked there for 9 years and the whole time was a struggle. Favoritism is a big problem there. I liked my job but the politics in the workplace made it hard.
always enough time too perform tasks at hand
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 4, 2014
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
production line assistance ,quality assurance and maintenance performed on regular basis.
Typical Day at work
Branch Administrator III (HR Recruiter and Admin) (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2014
My typical day at Sylvania Lighting Services was great. Since I had been there so long I basically made my day. I knew what needed to be done and what I could be doing in order to stay ahead.
Excellent Pay and Benefits - Terrible Culture
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Danvers, MAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: environment and management
outstanding pay and benefits. Bonuses are unmatched.
while individual people are very nice, the general atmosphere is toxic and contentious. Management is an assembly of "lifers" that only know the lighting industry but it is not clear they would have any other value than longevity.
Don't recommend
Service Technician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: get paid from the minute you leave your house
Cons: poor management
Poor management, disorganized and as a result the lighting service maintenance division is closing.
productive
repackage (Former Employee), Versailles, KYJanuary 27, 2014
Easy job, all we did was repackage light bulbs, everyone i worked with was friendly.

1 2 3 4 5

About OSRAM SYLVANIA

OSRAM SYLVANIA is a leader in lighting solutions and services, specializing in innovative design and energy saving technology. – Read more