OSRAM SYLVANIA

OSRAM SYLVANIA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
dinamic work environment with dedicated people
Sr. Software QA Engineer/Lead (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 10, 2013
interesting products and passion for working
fun place to work
new technologies being developed
daily status meeting
monthly company progress status
Chalenging, fast paced and multitasking.
Inventory Control Auditor (Former Employee), Versailles, KYNovember 17, 2014
Pros: lack of tedium
Cons: could be highly stressful.
I never knew what to expect when I arrived for work. I read my emails upon arrival to determine what I should work on throughout my shift. I would frequently have to address new problems as they arrived. This required a high degree of multitasking.
I miss the work
Operator/Mechanic (Former Employee), Saint Marys, PANovember 12, 2014
I enjoyed working with glass and light bulbs. Wasn't a big fan of 3rd shift though, everyone seems scatter brained.
Osram Sylvania provides an excellent culture for work satisfaction.
Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee), Danvers, MANovember 11, 2014
Pros: flex-time, competitive salary, job stability
Cons: payroll deductions for benefits have gone up exponentially
A typical day of work for me as a Cash Application Specialist involves first applying the new cash that came in overnight. This includes money that hit our lockbox and well as funds deposited directly onto accounts. I then proceed to work deductions taken on remittances. After giving attention to these new issues, I work on unresolved problems involving – more... unapplied cash and deductions without sufficient information for resolution.

In my years working at Osram Sylvania, I came to learn the importance of establishing a good rapport with external customers as well as fellow employees. Doing this allowed me to excel in working quickly but accurately with great attention to detail.

Management and co-workers are supportive as we work to achieve team goals as a department. Flexibility was needed to cover for others during vacations and other absences.

The hardest part of the job is working with customers that have old cash issues for which they aren't pursuing resolution. It involves repeated contact and encouragement to find solutions to keep their accounts updated.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is feeling satisfaction in working my accounts and knowing I do my best to keep them clean. The company’s offering flexible working hours also greatly contributes to my quality of life and feeling content in my working environment. – less
Great Company for 30 years
Business Manager responsible for NAFTA and LATAM (Current Employee), Manchester, NHNovember 9, 2014
I worked with some of the most talented and professional people throughout the world. The company standard of ethics and how they treat their employees I would say rates in the top 10 companies around the globe.

I had a very successful career with this company. The business has changed dramatically due to the changing technology therefore forcing them – more... to restructure and downsize.

Job was located in New Hampshire, Maine, Mass., Pennsylvania, and Czech Republic, Puerto Rico – less
reliable ,good pay
Stem 2 Mechanic (Former Employee), Manchester, NHOctober 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: jobs went to mexico
alot of good friends,
hardest part of the job was losing it to Mexico.
most enjoyable meeting goood people
management changed alot
most days at work I would come in and run production all day. my days went by fast. hard work . I liked it
Purchasing Analyst III
Purchasing Analyst III (Current Employee), Versailles, KYOctober 15, 2014
I currently purchase multi-million dollars in raw materials for a large scale manufacturing facility.
The Management team has been great to work with and very flexible with comp time.
I enjoy all of the co-workers that I work with. I have built strong relationships and the co-workers are very helpful to the Purchasing Team.
The hardest part of the job – more... would have to be the one hour commute, otherwise, I have zero complaints.
The most enjoyable part of the day is working as part of a team and accomplishing the company's goals. – less
Fast moving, stable company
Senior Sales Team Manager (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNOctober 6, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: limited growth opportunities
Working for SYLVANIA has provided me with the work/life balance I was seeking. I am able to work from home with monthly travel. The downside to working remotely is the opportunity to continue to grow within the organization. I would need to relocate in order to move to the next level of leadership within the organization.
Good place to work, management is excellent.
Distribution Center/Warehouse Supervisor I (Current Employee), East Rutherford, NJSeptember 23, 2014
Very nice place to work, they are great people.
Safe place to work.
A positive company to work for.
PROCESS ENGINEER (Former Employee), Hillsboro, NHSeptember 18, 2014
Worked as a process engineer and production supervisor. Receive on the job exposure to many business responsibilities.
OK place to work
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee), Exeter, NHSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: little to no chance to advance
OK to work here....not a lot of opportunities but reasonably stable manufacturing company
Loved working here , too bad they are closing.
Group Leader (Current Employee), York PAAugust 28, 2014
They are very good to there people and fair. Good pay and good steady work.
Very good place to work but no ping-pong table.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Central Falls, RIAugust 17, 2014
I work a rotating schedule. The company has provided tuition reimbursment for my education. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Nice group of managers that are more than willing to work with me. Co-workers are all fantastic. The hardest part of the job would be the rotating shifts. The best thing about working here is the people I work with and the – more... challenge of trouble-shooting equipement. – less
Lighting Company
Head of Product Marketing (Current Employee), Danvers MAAugust 10, 2014
Great company with opportunities for advancement Global company
Workplace offers opportunity for training
Management Accountant & Sales Controller (Current Employee), Midrand, GPJuly 14, 2014
Pros: salary and that employer pays for studies
Cons: lack of structure
I have gained a lot of experience in the financial and controlling field.
During a typical day I will do profit and pricing analysis. The company provide opportunity to gain experience in all fields of business.

I get along with all my co-workers.

I am finding the lack of structure the hardest part of my job at the moment. I am a person that can work – more... independently however I need initial guidance as to my core functions.

The most enjoyable part is the trust that management put in my abilities and that can make independent decisions. – less
PURCHASING
PURCHASING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Sylvania, KYJuly 2, 2014
Lighting manufacturer located in central Kentucky. Various types of industrial and commercial lighting products. Considered a world class company. Major employer in Winchester and Versailles, KY.
German run US operating company
Sr. Project Manager, Business Unit Luminaires (Current Employee), Danvers, MAJune 30, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Going through some industry transition pain. Have traditionally been a bulb company, need to transition to a fixture, solutions and parts company.
Good working conditions, gym on first floor
Account Specialist III (Current Employee), Danvers, MAJune 18, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: morning traffic
I've been there for 1 ½ years and will be moving out of state, that is the only reason I am looking for another job
Struggling to compete
Marketing (Former Employee), Danvers, MAJune 10, 2014
Company is now run by Japanese parent organization. Very different than 15 years ago. Use to be good work life balance. Use to have the best products in the market but failed to capitalize on the market shift. Struggled to keep up. Great co-workers but it could be hard to climb the ladder. Best part of the job was the people and the products. Worst – more... part was the management – less
Very Dynamic Place to work
Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee), York, PAMay 12, 2014
Very Dynamic Place to work, unfortunately have to leave due to the announcement of a the plant closing.

1 2 3 4 5

About OSRAM SYLVANIA

OSRAM SYLVANIA is a leader in lighting solutions and services, specializing in innovative design and energy saving technology. – Read more