Osmow's Employee Reviews

great work
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 January 2018
The job was great got to meet new people and interact with guests. Everyone is very sweet and understanding. Enjoyed my time as being a cashier and enjoyed dealing with money.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON20 December 2017
Working at bulk barn taught me how to communicate well with costumers and make sure the costumer got what they came for. My favorite part of the job was meeting all the new people.
Pros
New friends
Normal job
GRILL/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  5083 Dixie Rd20 September 2017
Management is 3 people that own the store 2 of them are nice people the last one is rude, decent hours, minimum wage pay, boring job, late on paycheques,
Pros
free lunches
chef
Chef/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 September 2017
Working as a chef and its my part time job. I love cooking so I am very happy in working here and this is my most enjoyable;e part of the job and I am improving my customer service skills.
Pros
Good manager
Cons
crowded
boot camp
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2017
osmows is horrible they dont pay every two weeks your pay check is constantly late and they expect alot of work from and they dont pay the amount that your entitle two as an experience worker
Pros
manager is cool
Cons
horrible pay dont pay on time
If you're smart, don't apply here.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 June 2017
You rarely see the manager. Everything that happens in store is your responsibility. She won't tell you that though. She doesn't pay employees on time, just when she feels like coming to the store. No direct deposits, just cheques. She has probably never heard of or read the Employment Standards Act.
A typical day would be you and another employee working alone until the evening staff come in.
The staff is lazy, the manager is non existent.
We serve smaller portions than the other stores and that's often the topic for most customers.
Pros
One free meal and drink per shift.
Cons
Laughable management. Bad hours. No communication. Lazy staff.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 June 2017
Always busy. Only one cashier at the counter (me) I'd have to keep taking the orders along with refilling sauce bottles and putting in fries and taking them out. I learned a lot: multitasking, being on pace and problem solving.
Pros
Free lunches, good salary
Cons
Always busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 May 2017
I had so much experience when I worked in Oswmos grill because I was put in different situations where I had to deal with different customers and different transactions.
fun workplace with Pharaohs and Sumerians decor and nice tables
Cashier and food services (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 May 2017
Working part time as cashier and do food services in the same time. Also cleaning tables when needed and at the end of shift with cleaning washrooms at the end of the shift. Plus counting money when the manager is not there. I learned more about cashing with improve my costumer services. Improve organizing workplace as well. The management was good with improving everyday. Fun and nice workplace mixed with Arabic and Canadian environment. Hardest part of the job was woking supper fast in cashing and serving food during busy days like Thursdays and Fridays. Nice relationship with all employers and helping each other when needed.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working extra 15-20 minutes without paying after the shift
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 May 2017
It was a fun environment, which was also fast paced at different times of the day. Great first job, great team, great employer, flexible work hours, very friendly!
Pros
Free Lunches, Breaks throughout the shift

Want to know more about Osmow's?

Ask a question
always keep moving at the workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2017
It is a good place to work if you have the right people working with you. Most of the time the responsibility goes to the person who knows the most...
Excellent co-workers and amazing food.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2017
All of the co-workers are fun to talk and hang out with. You'll make friends for life at Osmow's Grill.

Often times, the volume of customers can be pretty excessive, but there are moments where the establishment is empty, so there is time to "breath" before another wave of customers comes by.
Great work experience ranging from customer service to cooking and time management.
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2017
A great time with a fun staff and teaches time management and how to cooperate as a team unit and also as an individual.
Teaches how to cook and improve upon skills such as food preparation and knife skills.
Pros
Free food, long shifts, great people.
Cons
None.
Fun work environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2017
I think that it was an excellent place to work at; my coworkers were fun and hard working, and fairly lenient if I made a mistake. It is worth noting that they do not speak English as a first language, so be prepared for that. If you're someone like me, who doesn't mind this sort of thing, and is willing to adapt to the work environment, then you should have no problem getting along with your coworkers.
Pros
Free lunch (make whatever you want) and drink, fun and chill coworkers.
Cons
Most coworkers don't speak English very well
Amazing company with a lot of growth
Marketing and advertising Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2017
Great atmosphere within the company considering the growth and the new heights they are reaching as a franchise chain!

-Great Staff
-Hard working environment
-Intelligent CEO who offers a lot
-Training programs fully covered and encouraged
Pros
Brand development
Cons
Highly inconsistent schedule
Very unorganized
Employee (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 January 2017
Very unorganized , they never knew who should be working and the hours needed to work. Very unfriendly environment , workers were always grumpy and yelling
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very unorganized
co worker
Fast food service attendant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 November 2016
if you work with teamwork you must be cooperative and helper to any member in team don`t recognize the different things between the people like color , culture .
Very proactive job with a lot of clients
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 August 2016
Good experience as a costumer service and cashier but poor management. There is not proper organization of the employees tasks and not regularity when it comes to pay the employees.
Experience at jobs
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 July 2016
Working at osmows, was a great experience. I learned how to work in a fast moving environment, and deal with many types of customers. I learned how to work as a team and solve issues that occurred. Management and co workers were really friendly.
Fun place to work, but management sucks
Cashier / Shawarma Maker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2015
There is a recent change of ownership in the Osmow's Grill downtown. Therefore now the owner also works in store, which only pressurizes everyone in store. Other than that, environment is friendly and the skills are easy to pick up.
Pros
free meals and on time pay cheques
Cons
Have to work with owner

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Osmow's. Our community is ready to answer.