A specialist’s practice in North Brampton is seeking an experienced full-time Medical Office Assistant for a one (1) year contract. The candidate will be required to assist with various Front Office duties (reception, booking referrals, patient registration and managing doctor’s clinic days) as well as running Locum physician clinics. This position will occasionally require weekend work, mostly Saturdays, as well as regular weekdays to encompass a 40 hr. work week.
The incumbent must be willing to provide exceptional patient care both clinically and by creating a patient service experience that is outstanding for each and every patient visit. The Medical Office Assistant works as a partner in the clinic together with the physician(s), other diagnostic staff, front desk staff and the Operations manager to provide a welcoming and caring environment for patients.
The candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Greeting and registering all patients – ensuring information on file is up to date, and inform appropriate staff of patient’s arrival.
- Pull charts for the following days appointments
- Booking tests and other procedures
- Running clinics for active doctors and locum physicians
- Calling patients to confirm appointments for following day
- Process incoming/outgoing mail
- Performing ECG’s on patients to be seen by the MD
- Accurately documenting patients updated medication list
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Electronic Medical Records systems
- Team player with strong organizational skills in addition to time management
- Excellent work attendance, punctuality and reliability
- Fluent in English (the ability to speak other languages such as Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu is beneficial)
Candidates will have completed grade 12 and have at least three (3) year’s recent and related experience in a specialist's office (i.e. in a hospital, clinic setting) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Only those candidates that fit the above criteria will be contacted for an interview. Thank you to all who apply.