OSL Retail Services Inc Employee Reviews

Productive and very good place to start entry level sales career
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 November 2017
Very good company for the entry level sales experience. People are helpful and management is very supportive. Hardest part of the job is sales targets.
Pros
Good salary for entry level
Cons
no benifits
Terrible company to work for! Travaillez pas pour cette compagny !
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  NB7 November 2017
Je conseille personne de travailler pour cette compagnie, c'est de l'exploitation, ils se moque du monde.
Pros
Rien
Compagnie en developpement
Manager Kiosque cellulaire (Current Employee) –  Mascouche, QC24 October 2017
Bon salaire pour les vendeurs et bon salaire pour les gérants. OSL exploite les kiosque cellulaire dans les Walmart. OSL est en pleine expansion et a un tres bel avenir. Cependant l'entente avec Walmart est a améliorer. Walmart étant une compagnie ou la communication et la formation laisse désirer ce qui donne une ambiance de travail entre les employés peut attrayante.
Pros
salaires, autonomie
Cons
milieu de travail Walmart
When thing are going good its great
Wireless Kiosk Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 October 2017
Working for this company I have learned that when sales are up and everything is going well, it is the best company to work for. However, if your store isn't performing work will not be fun for you.
Pros
good work culture when things are going well
Cons
bad work culture when things are not going well
Osl
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 October 2017
The job can be mentally tiring and work targets are extremely unrealistic. Work days can be extremely slow as well as the are some difficulties finding customers.
Good Place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 August 2017
Good place but the district managers aren't the best, only raise given to us is 30 cents over 2 years and if he ask for more they shut us down, and new hires get payed more.
Good job with benefits
Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB24 July 2017
Managment is awesome, co worker is interesting to say the least. There are only ever 3 of you working at the wireless kiosk in Wal-Mart. The manager is great, he is very understanding and creates a good working environment and provides sufficient training. You can work almost literally anywhere in Canada with this job.
Pros
Health benefits and travel.
Cons
Work in Wal-Mart
Great experience
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, QC7 June 2017
Working for OSL retail services will grant you plenty of important weork experience, especially in the customer service area. This job teaches you how to hustle for the commission you'll earn. It also helps you improve your knowledge on technology and where the future is headed.
Pros
Good pay, great exprience
Very productive,
Sales Associate Wireless (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 May 2017
Great place to learn excellent customer service, organisational skills.opportunity to grow. challenging environment for sales but the skills you learn this place makes you a great sales man.
Great job, but prepare to be bored
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edson, AB2 May 2017
I love my job at OSL. but alot of that is due to my manager. i have a great mananger who makes sure each staff member gets one long weekend off each month. sometimes it can be hard when a team member is sick or on vacation since your team is so small. but my favorite part of my job is the comission and free stuff. mind you, we are one of the top stores for sales so i do make more commision that people in other stores. It can be tough dealing with the walmart staff and managers but most the time i can just laugh it off as thier drama never directly effects me.
Pros
commision
Cons
boredom
Not a good work environment , extremely mismanaged
Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada24 April 2017
Awful work environment , inadequate training , unrealistic targets to achieve. Would not recommend this company at all. Completely mismanaged and out of touch with their staff , extremely high turn over rate.
Pros
Not really any
Cons
Not treated with respect, mismanaged, unrealistic goals
Terrible company to work for!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  eastern ontario16 April 2017
Terrible hours, terrible managers, terrible Walmart environment, no work life balance, terrible sales techniques. If you want to experience working in wireless sales work for an actual dealer store.
Pros
non
Cons
too many list here
Its fun interacting with costumers,
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Soulanges, QC3 April 2017
I love being in sales for the single reason that everyday you get to meet new people, and challenge yourself. This is a great job to make good money and push yourself while grinding experence in one of the most competitive fields of sales. Osl is great if u love phones and what the market has to offer.
Growing Company - Great Life / Work balance
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario14 February 2017
OSL has been my home for over 3 years now and I can say for a company that has grown so much in that time they have stayed true to values of putting people first.

Great leadership right from the top down allows for plenty of growth opportunity. I have watched countless individuals (including myself) Advance to new jobs or opportunities within the last 3 years.

My Work/Life balance is better than any previous company I have been a apart of. Taking Vacation is a must, taking days off and spending time with family is always encouraged.

Cannot wait to see where the company continues to move.
Pros
Amazing Leadership
Cons
Store within a Store
Managers need oversight
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB4 February 2017
During my time working for OSL I found the manager to be less than useful. When I was attempting to do the computer based training, I was required to do it at the computer station on the sales floor with no sound available, making the audio portions of the video lessons useless. And you needed the audio portions so you could answer the quizzes at the end of each lesson.

Add to that the fact that the manager would leave the area for extended (1 hour plus) periods of time to wander around the Walmart instead of training the people, well it made for a stressful environment (I'm sorry, the manager is the one who knows how to do the new contracts. Hopefully she'll be back within the next hour or so).

Don't work there.
Pros
Cons
No real training or management
Great Company. Love what I do!
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Golden Horseshoe, ON30 January 2017
I have worked for many companies in my career since 1994. OSL by far has the best culture I have experienced and very fair when it comes to people. The pay structure is very fair compared to all other companies.

I started in a store and worked my way up in this company to District Manager. The Leaders I get to work with helped me grow and develop, to be successful in my new role. I have an amazing Team I get to work with every day. It truly feels like a work family that has come together. All striving for the same goals.

My work life balance since I have been with OSL in November 2013 has been great! Has it been perfect, no. Because it's a sales/retail business. You have to adapt and go with things as they come up. That said, it is by far the BEST work life balance I have ever had. I have a wife and four kids. The quality and quantity family time is like no other that I have experienced. Thanks to OSL Retail Services putting people first.

The one thing for sure that makes me excited, and to give my very best every day, are the people. From the top down, I never have to feel worried about a title someone has. I have been welcomed and treated with respect since I have been with OSL.

Lastly, I can say I have the privilege to work with my amazing Team (LIONS)! Being able to work with these great people truly doesn't make it feel like work. But a Family working together in wanting to reach the same goals as one Team. I am truly thankful to be able to work for OSL Retail Services and having my LIONS in my life. I am very excited for what the future
  more... holds!

If you feel that I am writing this because the perception would be that my title as a District Manager calls for it. I am sorry if you feel that way. Call home office, and they will be able to direct you to me. I would be more than willing to sit with you and introduce you to my LIONS and what they have to say. It is truly amazing to be a part of something like this!
Pros
Partnership with clients. Watching a brand grow and be successful
Cons
When building something new, it takes time.
Terrible place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 January 2017
Had a family emergency my mom had a stroke ,was having seizures and had a mild heart attack she is still in there to this day I was told to take some time off and that they would hire me back I kept calling and calling because now I am available to work and they don't answer or call back but I was promised that the job would still be there for me what a way to treat someone when they are going through something like this .. you shouldn't promise you will hold someone's job then not even answer the phone like a coward ..
Pros
Cons
Dishonest
Low commission compared to industry standards
Wireless Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
I am a recent OSL manager that went back to a wireless specific retailer.

If you are planning on getting into the wireless industry think about other companies first. Compared to the overall wireless industry, OSL pays one of if not THE lowest in commission payouts for activations.

Management will suck you in with the promise of high commission payouts due to accessory sales but in reality, they HATE it when you try to make money for yourself by selling an accessory without selling a phone with it. District Managers in the Toronto/Scarborough/Durham area threaten to fire you if you try to make money selling an accessory even though no where in the policy does it state you cannot sell an accessory. They essentially don't want you to make money unless it only benefits their own numbers. This DOES NOT happen at real wireless retailers.

On top of working inside a Walmart you get asked so many non wireless questions that you spend half your day trying to bridge the gap to make a few dollars when the other wireless companies pay more. Not only do they pay more but they also already know they want a phone. Sales definitely do come more frequent at a wireless only specific company.
Pros
- Slightly higher hourly rate
Cons
Long hours, dealing with non wireless walmart customers, always feeling like you are going to lose your job or be lectured, the manager threatening to fire your employees even though there is no basis.
You don't know where you work for Walmart or OSL or 6 careers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 January 2017
It's not bad but the most hard thing it's dealing with 6 careers and different systems and plans rate and phones and many updates and same time dealing with Walmart and all managers in Walmart and and don't forget the OSL managers many managers you need to deal with and they the store manager don't work weekend that means all most of of the time you will work weekend
Pros
Free stuff
Cons
No weekend off
Results based enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2016
You have to deal with 6 major carriers and know their plan changes and rates. The commission structure is low in comparison to other stores.Management tends to put too much pressure on part time associates,
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
commission structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSL Retail Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9