Oshkosh Truck Corporation

Oshkosh Truck Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
enjoyed my job
Assembler (Former Employee), Harrison Street PlantSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: job secuirty
worked on my feet all day using air harness and various tools to assemble military vehcicles. I learned to complete work in a timely manner to keep up with the line. The management was fine. I miss my coworkers very much. The hardest part of the job was when R & D always wanted to change things around in my work station. the most enjoyable part was – more... the pride in knowing that the vehicles were building were used to save the lives of our military men and women. – less
McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing is experiencing significant growth and change. Excellent change management is essenti
Senior Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Dodge Center, MNSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: fantastic growth and opportunity
Cons: very heavy workloads and very long hours
McNeilus Truck and Mfg. is an extremely fast paced environment faced with the challenges of some growing pains. It can be challenging to recruit and develop a high potential team in a very rural environment.

The job is very interesting and the employees are wonderful. The toughest part of this job is the volitile schedules in a build to order environment – more... and recruiting great talent in a rural environment. – less
Nothing much to say
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WISeptember 10, 2014
I was a temp so I don't really have much I can say to review Oshkosh Corp. I enjoyed the people I worked with. We always had a good time getting our work done each day.
Hard work life
Field Service Representative III for Oshkosh (Former Employee), AfghanistanAugust 24, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: harsh invironment
Contracting for the Oshkosh corp, working in Afghanistan training soldiers to use and maintain the M-ATV military vehicle. No coworkers very enjoyable to watch the soldiers learn the field. very hard life to live in Afghanistan
fun place to work
Assembler (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIAugust 22, 2014
enjoyed working with management and co-workers.
I enjoyed the work I was doing.
Solid Company with some things to offer
Director of Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering (Former Employee), Dodge Center, MNAugust 22, 2014
Solid company still trying to find the right mix for the large products flowing at a slow pace.
Stdents/Faculty/Staff
Supervisor/Sale Associate (Former Employee), Locust Grove, GAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: celebrations
Cons: paid once a month
Providing information to students, staff, and faculty. Entered into the database system. Enrolled staff into benefits.
NO FUN
Assembler (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIAugust 16, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: every benifit taken away
I had zero good experiences...management consists of kids interns that know everything..just ask them.
Assembler
Assembler (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: no incentives, got paid the same as another person just sitting around while you busted your butt.
Management needs A LOT of work. Would not listen to people building the product, would see methods fail regularly because of not listening to workers. Had mind set they can change everything so processes would change without needing to be or taking something that did work, and make it fail. All about numbers. The hardest part was the toll it took on – more... a person, physically. When you felt your repetitive job take it's toll on your body and asked to be moved, they would not move you, causing more physical harm. I always took pride though in what I built, so that was the most rewarding part. Knowing what I was doing could save someone's life despite all the other challenges we faced on a daily basis. – less
Field Service Representative III Lead (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIAugust 11, 2014
Overall good company, management and work life were good. Overseas contract.
Good company with a diverse product line.
R&D Engineer (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIAugust 10, 2014
Pros: large company
Cons: cyclical products
Good company with a diverse product line.
The company has the market share in the man-lift and variable reach material handler markets. They also have a line of good products in the defense market.
unpredictable work load
322-welder / 107-prep and trim technician (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIAugust 6, 2014
Pros: good wages and benefits
Cons: confusion between management/union and workers on the floor
I really liked my job here but the work load and production demands made things hard at times. My job depended on the contracts retained by and awarded to Oshkosh Corporation. When the workload was high things were good but in the last couple of months the workload declined greatly and many of the workers there were laid off in multiple rounds.
Not a emploee friendly place to work
Hoist oprerator (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 28, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: the inability to work with their employees
My day begins without input from employees on how our ideas could work to complete a task. I have learned how to work in an environment that I have not been treated the best but made the best of what was offered. Management is hard to work with do to turn over of supervisors. Example.. 4 supervisors in the last 6 months.
Co-workers, due to the lay offs – more... recently morale is not the best, but I have met some very special friends and try to keep a positive attitude.
The hardest part of the job is not the work, but how the company goes through their supervisors.
The most enjoyable is the friends that i have met and have established long lasting friendships with. – less
good workining relationship with bosses
Painter A, Assembler (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 22, 2014
Good company with on job training. No long term employment opportunity. Eight hour shifts with overtime opportunity. A safe place to work. Hardest part of the job was changes in product and quality control. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the flexibility of job class.
good steady employment until work load dropped
Welder of sub assemblies, clamp, hold, tack (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 15, 2014
Pros: very good wages
Cons: management and union did not work well together
Welding parts for military vehicles while making a nice wage. Good steady job and for the most part a decent place to work.
assembler
Assembler (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 15, 2014
Good place to work for the money. Management are very young and don't have the experience to make the best decisions.
Good pay for the work required, poorly run
Welder (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WiJuly 6, 2014
Management tries to run the weld shop like an assembly line.
Management has little knowledge of the work being done.
Pay is good.
It was a good place to work
Financial Analysis & Planning Intern (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 1, 2014
Created reports for upper management each month along with other various tasks.
Good place to learn various assembly skills.
Assembler (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIJune 26, 2014
Pros: good wages and benefits
Cons: lack of communication at times between work force and management.
A typical day at work includes readying yourself with tools, parts, and hardware to complete a particular phase in the assembly of a variety of truck cabs within the allotted time frame.
Nothing but a number
Painter (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIJune 10, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: upper management
Great pay and benefits but we are all numbers. its just a truck factory that the union does well

1 2 3 4 5