Oshkosh Truck Corporation

Oshkosh Truck Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stdents/Faculty/Staff
Supervisor/Sale Associate (Former Employee), Locust Grove, GAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: celebrations
Cons: paid once a month
Providing information to students, staff, and faculty. Entered into the database system. Enrolled staff into benefits.
NO FUN
Assembler (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIAugust 16, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: every benifit taken away
I had zero good experiences...management consists of kids interns that know everything..just ask them.
Assembler
Assembler (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: no incentives, got paid the same as another person just sitting around while you busted your butt.
Management needs A LOT of work. Would not listen to people building the product, would see methods fail regularly because of not listening to workers. Had mind set they can change everything so processes would change without needing to be or taking something that did work, and make it fail. All about numbers. The hardest part was the toll it took on – more... a person, physically. When you felt your repetitive job take it's toll on your body and asked to be moved, they would not move you, causing more physical harm. I always took pride though in what I built, so that was the most rewarding part. Knowing what I was doing could save someone's life despite all the other challenges we faced on a daily basis. – less
Field Service Representative III Lead (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIAugust 11, 2014
Overall good company, management and work life were good. Overseas contract.
Good company with a diverse product line.
R&D Engineer (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIAugust 10, 2014
Pros: large company
Cons: cyclical products
Good company with a diverse product line.
The company has the market share in the man-lift and variable reach material handler markets. They also have a line of good products in the defense market.
unpredictable work load
322-welder / 107-prep and trim technician (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIAugust 6, 2014
Pros: good wages and benefits
Cons: confusion between management/union and workers on the floor
I really liked my job here but the work load and production demands made things hard at times. My job depended on the contracts retained by and awarded to Oshkosh Corporation. When the workload was high things were good but in the last couple of months the workload declined greatly and many of the workers there were laid off in multiple rounds.
Not a emploee friendly place to work
Hoist oprerator (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 28, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: the inability to work with their employees
My day begins without input from employees on how our ideas could work to complete a task. I have learned how to work in an environment that I have not been treated the best but made the best of what was offered. Management is hard to work with do to turn over of supervisors. Example.. 4 supervisors in the last 6 months.
Co-workers, due to the lay offs – more... recently morale is not the best, but I have met some very special friends and try to keep a positive attitude.
The hardest part of the job is not the work, but how the company goes through their supervisors.
The most enjoyable is the friends that i have met and have established long lasting friendships with. – less
good workining relationship with bosses
Painter A, Assembler (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 22, 2014
Good company with on job training. No long term employment opportunity. Eight hour shifts with overtime opportunity. A safe place to work. Hardest part of the job was changes in product and quality control. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the flexibility of job class.
good steady employment until work load dropped
Welder of sub assemblies, clamp, hold, tack (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 15, 2014
Pros: very good wages
Cons: management and union did not work well together
Welding parts for military vehicles while making a nice wage. Good steady job and for the most part a decent place to work.
assembler
Assembler (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 15, 2014
Good place to work for the money. Management are very young and don't have the experience to make the best decisions.
Fun place to work
Sr. Bill of Material Coordinator (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 8, 2014
Everyone is very friendly and easy to work with. I enjoyed my years working there.
Good pay for the work required, poorly run
Welder (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WiJuly 6, 2014
Management tries to run the weld shop like an assembly line.
Management has little knowledge of the work being done.
Pay is good.
It was a good place to work
Financial Analysis & Planning Intern (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 1, 2014
Created reports for upper management each month along with other various tasks.
Good place to learn various assembly skills.
Assembler (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIJune 26, 2014
Pros: good wages and benefits
Cons: lack of communication at times between work force and management.
A typical day at work includes readying yourself with tools, parts, and hardware to complete a particular phase in the assembly of a variety of truck cabs within the allotted time frame.
Nothing but a number
Painter (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIJune 10, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: upper management
Great pay and benefits but we are all numbers. its just a truck factory that the union does well
children clothing
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Westbury, NYJune 10, 2014
Cons: not enough hours
Typical day at work was over loaded with work and not enough staff. I learned how to open and close the store, Count out draws, and stock shipment.
Production can be fast or slow.
Prep & Trim/Painter (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIMay 26, 2014
A typical day depends heavily on what your job requires. It can be difficult and easy. As long as time is used wisely, the job becomes easier and quicker despite its difficulties.
Management is very young in both age and experience, which can make the most simplest job very frustrating; yet it can be refreshing to know that they can be taught by the – more... workers, rather than listening to their bosses who have never done our jobs before.
The hardest part of my job is patience due to conflicts. Shift wars; coordinator miscommunication, etc.
What I do like about my job is that most days there is always something different you are seeing go by your station. I always take pride in my work and I love that. – less
good place to work
Welder (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIMay 20, 2014
production welding
co-workers are good to work with, everyone gets along
Quality
Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Temple, TXMay 18, 2014
Pros: n/a
This company has high standards for mission essential readiness equipment. The quality of work performed is very important to customers demand.
Excellent company to gain experience and develop skillset
International Marketing Intern (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIMay 12, 2014
Pros: management, co-workers, company culture, competitve pay
Cons: job security
While my official title at Oshkosh Corporation is International Marketing Intern, in reality I am known as the person who can do everything. Hats I wear here include travel agent, researcher extraordinaire, PowerPoint, Word and Excel guru, bid tracker, procurement specialist, and warranty and certification officer.

We are a growing department where – more... everyone has to pitch in, and I thrive on the excitement of being involved at every level of each project. I learned how to implement the skills that I acquired through my education at UW Oshkosh into everyday tasks. I also perfected the importance of self-initiative and task-follow through with little supervision. My managers and supervisors allowed me to run with my ideas and develop new processes to improve efficiency within our company.

Although working in the International department was very taxing at times due to the need to facilitate communication across seas, this allowed me to improve my time-management skills, along with becoming more adapatable and flexible. Often requiring long hours, working with our sales and service representatives abroad was extremely difficult at times; however, this was an extremely rewarding and enjoyable experience. Providing support to our International team as well as other cross-functional teams helped me to gain insight into various different chapters of the company, and I greatly enjoyed assisting with the bidding process as it pertained to each individual department. – less

1 2 3 4 5