Oshkosh Truck Corporation

Oshkosh Truck Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The longer, the better
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Camp PendletonJanuary 22, 2015
If they would allow someone to be hired into the company in order to advance it would be better.

It was an easy post to work. The work could be hard at certain times.

I really liked the time I was able to interact with the Marines.
Not a good place to work
Production Welder (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: were leaving after the work day was over
Cons: there were to many to list
Poor management.
Company spent a dollar to save a dime.
The management would lie to you.
They made the welding warehouse an LLC.
Appeared they were going to sell off the welding business.
They outsource a lot of work which lost many workers jobs
Well paying
Material Coordinator (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good wages
Well paying good benefits job...wonderful coworkers. Excellent work schedule overtime offered quite often
good benifits and pay
WELDER (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIDecember 10, 2014
good place to work
hours were good
they had a good attendance policy
All around a good job but lots of travel no time for family.
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WINovember 24, 2014
Pros: good money, enjoyed helping the military, being challenged by tasks
Cons: constant travel, being away from family 9-10 months a year.
My typical day at work began at 0630 responding to emails and making plans to go visit military units who were having issues with their Army/Marine trucks.

I constantly was learning new things about maintenance issues with trucks.

The management in Oshkosh had a very high turn over rate. They seemed to graduate college, work about a year and then transfer up or out of the company. In the 4-5 years that I worked for them I had 6 managers. Ever time I got a new one, I felt as if I was starting over with the warranty process, data entry..etc.

My co- workers were great! Our communication between each of us was truly what kept them in Oshkosh going forward.

The hardest thing about the job was having new bosses every 6 months. When new bosses were in place, they were great talkers, but when it came to supporting the military, they had no idea on how to do so. They left that up to the Regional FSR's to put out the fire that were created.

I enjoyed training the soldiers on how to troubleshoot and perform maintenance tasks on their trucks. I would pride myself in walking up to a unit and stop them from ordering a completed engine / transmission for a loose wire or a bad relay..etc.. My objective was to give them a FMC ( Fully Mission Capable) truck when I left the unit.
productive
Material Coordinator (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WINovember 10, 2014
it was a good job to get my feet wet with a factory setting enviroment.
Assembler/Crane Operator/Team Leader (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WINovember 5, 2014
About Oshkosh Corporation
Oshkosh Corporation partners with customers to deliver superior solutions that safely and efficiently move people and materials at work, around the globe and around the clock.

Founded in 1917, Oshkosh Corporation has manufacturing operations in eight U.S. states and in Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, France and Romania and through investments in joint ventures in Mexico and Brazil. The company currently employs approximately 12,000 people worldwide.
I like working outside of the box,because when someone says I cant I say I can
Mechanic (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCOctober 24, 2014
A typical day at work was enjoyable because I like working with my hands ,and being challenged with different problems.I learned that if you are a strong team member and your team is strong there is nothing that cant be overcome.I believe management was good at making the shop safe and productive as possible When I was there the shop had almost three years without a accident.My coworkers were and still are strong team,with a large amount of knowledge.The hardest part was not job,it was dealing with the heat of summer and the cold of the winter.I think the most enjoyable part was knowing that our warriors would come home safe because we built the safest vehicles possible.
best job I ever had.
Assembler 201 (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIOctober 17, 2014
Pros: best job i ever had.
Cons: best job i ever had.
Best job I ever had.Best job I ever had Best job I ever had. Best job I ever had. Best job I ever had.
Oshkosh Truck is a good place to work but ready to move on
pre delivery inspector (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WisconsinOctober 10, 2014
Company has no room for advancement and they keep on laying off. Doesn't seem like a place to grow. Plus I want to pursue a career in criminal justice.
Distance between management and production employees
maintenance technician (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WisconsinOctober 8, 2014
Management is always after you to get their numbers out while you try your best to put out a quality product. They sometimes would give up quality to get their numbers. We (production employees) do our best to work with what we got to keep up with managements expectations. The guys I works with are a great crew with solid values and make work a more enjoyable place.
Productive, edge of your seat, high energy job
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIOctober 2, 2014
Working for Oshkosh Corporation was a great experience. The day to day experience was unpredictable and fun. I looked forward to arriving at work to see what the day had in store. Working in the IT field, you never know what you're going to have going on. The mystery and sense of duty was very fulfilling. Each person took a turn doing rotational duties for the week. This helped to get everyone up to speed with the current processes and procedures at the Service Desk. The leadership at the Service Desk were very flexible and willing to work with you on many different levels.
Would love to drive big equipment!
Frame Line Assembler (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIOctober 2, 2014
Pros: to drive big vehicles
Cons: needing alot of schooling to do a job
I have learned to drive many different vehicles in my prior jobs, I have a CDL-BCD and will be happy to get my class A if needed when hired. I get along with everyone and am a very hard worker. I think the most enjoyable part of my jobs were the opportunity to learn new things
Gained a wealth of information in the IT field
Systems Administrator, I/T Specialist (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIOctober 1, 2014
Pros: work hours
Cons: pay
Family owned business that is very difficult to work for
Was able to move up in my position once
Management very tight knit
Regular work area
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Jahra, KuwaitSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: lunch and breaks
Cons: good environment
Great place to work. I learn to manage a civilian warehouse, had co0workers that make the job fun to be at work, there was not really any hard part to the job. The most enjoyable part is that we all got along very well we work as a team.
Very hard to work with management and fellow employees
o Line Assembler. Material Handler (Former Employee), South Plant Oshkosh, WISeptember 26, 2014
Pros: pay and bennifs
Cons: lack of proper management, dealing with employes and safety concerns
I spent 8 1/2 years working with this company and the longer I stayed the harder my personality became. Very difficult to speak with management regarding working environment. More worried on bottom line and not how we get to it.
enjoyed my job
Assembler (Former Employee), Harrison Street PlantSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: job secuirty
worked on my feet all day using air harness and various tools to assemble military vehcicles. I learned to complete work in a timely manner to keep up with the line. The management was fine. I miss my coworkers very much. The hardest part of the job was when R & D always wanted to change things around in my work station. the most enjoyable part was the pride in knowing that the vehicles were building were used to save the lives of our military men and women.
McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing is experiencing significant growth and change. Excellent change management is essenti
Senior Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Dodge Center, MNSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: fantastic growth and opportunity
Cons: very heavy workloads and very long hours
McNeilus Truck and Mfg. is an extremely fast paced environment faced with the challenges of some growing pains. It can be challenging to recruit and develop a high potential team in a very rural environment.

The job is very interesting and the employees are wonderful. The toughest part of this job is the volitile schedules in a build to order environment and recruiting great talent in a rural environment.
Nothing much to say
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WISeptember 10, 2014
I was a temp so I don't really have much I can say to review Oshkosh Corp. I enjoyed the people I worked with. We always had a good time getting our work done each day.
Hard work life
Field Service Representative III for Oshkosh (Former Employee), AfghanistanAugust 24, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: harsh invironment
Contracting for the Oshkosh corp, working in Afghanistan training soldiers to use and maintain the M-ATV military vehicle. No coworkers very enjoyable to watch the soldiers learn the field. very hard life to live in Afghanistan

1 2 3 4 5