Oshkosh Truck Corporation

Oshkosh Truck Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Love my job
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Oshkosh WIApril 2, 2014
Cons: in a harsh state
Great company to work for, just to long away from the family at that time
job duties
Assembly line (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great money and rewarding
Cons: rewarding job to build military trucks for our troops
a typical day at work I come in and install vehicle length of air lines in the front and some trucks both front and middle of the trucks.
Very customer focused company.
Director (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 18, 2014
Oshkosh Corp is 100% dedicated to their customers. Not speaking for all divisions but the Airport Group that I worked in was one of the best small team of managers I have worked with in my career. Working with people you consider your friends makes the daily rigors much easier to handle.
I've done more difficult work for less money
Certified 201 Assembler (Former Employee), Oshkosh DefenseMarch 18, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: union and company don't respect one another
I have done more difficult work for less money. Too much drama from local union leadership, and too many unkept promises from management make it a trying place to work safely. However the pay was outstanding. Promise of new work never happened,
Overall good place to work
Senior Contract Administrator (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIMarch 17, 2014
-nice people to work with and collaborate
-have to be able to manage time effectively and change priorities as needed
-busy schedules make it necessary to organize tasks well
Great People and Equipment
FSR III M-ATV (Former Employee), Bagram, AfghanistanMarch 17, 2014
Pros: interesting work / unusual working conditions
Cons: 7 day / 12 hour work weeks / war zone / lay-offs
Deployed overseas to work on the OSHKOSH M-ATV supporting the United States Military was a great experience / loved supporting our soldiers and getting to be a part of the "War on Terror"
Busy
HMTT Line Sole Operator (Former Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 13, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this company. I was disappointed when the union had to renegotiate and all temp to hire employees were let go.
If you are a lemon
Logistics (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: you have a job
Cons: not for long
You are given the ability to work as hard as you want. When you slow down they will replace you. If you are smart you will leave before they use you all up.
Not for the feint-hearted
Strategic Purchasing Intern (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: pay, product
Cons: unable to form relationships, lack of compassion, lack of recognition
I enjoyed working for Oshkosh Corporation. It is an amazing business and the products that are manufactured are top-of-the-line. Issues arise however with tremendous amounts of turn-around. Employees are often running 12+ hours/day and there is a lack of recognition. I was unable to make many lasting relationships because every couple months, there – more... seemed to be a complete wash and replace in the positions around me. I enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, but in order to be successful, you need a team of well-versed, connected employees. – less
As the saying goes, 'We make trucks, not sense'
Hourly Worker (Former Employee), OshkoshJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: week off in july, 10+ days off for x-mas, goal bonuses, wages, benefits
Cons: forced vacation for july shut down, unreasonable egotistical management
A typical day at work was never typical. Anything could change day to day - be it a floor plan, new manager, termination, displacement, equipment, etc

The priorities are in this order: 1) Cleanliness - production will halt to sweep and dust, no joke. 2) Production - Just do it and dont ask questions. 3) Safety - i recall multiple times when my safety – more... was compromised and i was told to keep working. Then, when you get hurt, they dicipline you. 10) Quality - its shocking when trucks are supposed to be finished and you cant shut doors, check engine lights are on, steering wheels jostle, wiper blades arent aligned. We put out some real garbage for our service men and women. But, somehow the 'warfighters' still say we make the best trucks.

Most co-workers were great to work with, some were snitches and some were downright weird.

Management is awful. They never want to listen to your suggestions. They cant or wont get you the necessary gear(like winter jackets, gloves, flashlights). They pay way too much for everything just to throw it away for 'cleaning' then buy it back when they realized they needed it. Its a constant struggle trying to reason with management. Not to mention they treat you like criminals. Its like they think everyone is up to no good. If it weren't for management this would be the near perfect employer.

The hardest part is trying to be passionate about your work and management says 'good enough, its not going to the moon'.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with badass, 5 axle, 4 axle steering, 50,000lb off-road military trucks! Oh, and the pay and benefits. – less
Good workplace
Maintenance Production Supervisor (Former Employee), KuwaitJanuary 15, 2014
Cordinate work in 3 shops per SOP
Evaluation of all paper work.
Careful about politics and culture
Manager (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: products and purpose
Cons: culture and management
There are politics in every organization, always. I must say that I have never seen an organization where people are so fearful, it forces them to look out for themselves. People you think you can trust you can find out too late they are only using your trust to benefit and protect themselves. Employees survive there either keep their heads down or – more... are good are using/attacking others to make themselves look better. Really too bad because there are good people there and their products are meaningful. – less
A great company to work for
Technician (Former Employee), Aberdeen Proven Ground Aberdeen, Md.January 3, 2014
Pros: high tech
Cons: job ran out and was laid off.
A very High Tech job. This is my favorite. I loved the electronics side. Diagnostics rule. The people were great to work with.
great place to work
Loss Prevention Associate (Current Employee), Hanover, MDDecember 30, 2013
Pros: discount on kids clothes
Cons: no benefits
work is busy at time quiet
shocked at the amount of shrink issues the mall has
management is new but great
my co workers are wonderful
dealing with customers that steal
dealing with the customers helping them
Nice place to visit...
Internal Service Lead Technician (Former Employee), SingaporeDecember 29, 2013
The company would not honor their commitments to reinstate me after revoking my position, and they have failed to remit the severance package agreed upon.
Great team and very important mission
Material Manager (Former Employee), Kandahar, AfghanistanDecember 19, 2013
Pros: great missoin
Cons: the good old boy systems was in full effect, it's not what you know it's who you know, also the color of your skin!
A great mission to ensure that the troops were better protected against IED’s. We improved the performance and safety of the MRAPS.
Overall Oshkosh is behind the times
Request not to offer title (Former Employee), Dodge Center, MNDecember 18, 2013
Pros: work life balance was good.
Cons: benefits were terrible. vacation and days off were non-existent.
Oshkosh Management has just this year started to roll out a corporate wide QMS and OS. There is discontinuity between business segments and even within locations inside of a business unit. The focus is on getting production numbers above all else.
The benefits offered were worse than a mom and pop shop. The vacation or paid time off (PTO) policy was – more... a joke. You had to either beg for days off or you just took off and did not report it. – less
very hard job but worth it
Field Service Representative for M-ATV (Former Employee), afghanistanDecember 4, 2013
got to meet a lot of people and travel around the world and have a lot of fun would love to work with them in the future
Life time of experience in 3 years with them in Afghanistan . Lots of good relation working efforts with military
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Contract in Afghanistan for Oshkosh DefenseDecember 1, 2013
Pros: good medical, dental plan. end of contract bonus
Cons: 1 r&r in contract, basically at the 6 month mark on average . only 14 days for r&r
12 hour day , 7 days a week.
That Oshkosh builds great vehicles for the military from cargo/transport light or heavy and combat variants which the military loves using for mission.
they build for Stateside companies as well I.E. fire trucks, snow blowers , airport snow equipment ect...
Oshkosh has a incredible spread of equipment and vehicles to offer.

Management – more... was good , communicated and supported well.

Lots of good co-workers .

Hardest part of job - Trying to do a lot with litte to work with in the beginning - early stages of outer onsite locations .

Most enjoyable part of the job- Training and working side by side with the soldiers. – less
Upper Management was poor at best! Safety Enviroment was poor!!!
Assembler/Prep and Trim (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WINovember 14, 2013
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: product means more than your safety and wellness!
The Pay and Benefits are Good. The Safety program is retroactive. The management was young and inexperienced and not very accommodating to suggestions. Human Resources is very unprofessional and unorganized. Co workers were helpful but the more senior they were the less helpful and/or caring they were.

1 2 3 4 5