Osgoode Properties Employee Reviews

Family company that favors the family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2017
Worst property management company to work for. There is no consistancy from building to building. The managers demand too much from their employes and pay very little. Trying to request vacation time is terrible. They make you feel like they are doing you a favor. The probation period is 6 months and there are no incentives. You're unlikely to get a raise in your first two years, and you end up doing many jobs that are not on your job discription and when youre on call, you ont get paid extra for covering for other people. Youll work early mornings before your 9-5 and they wont pay you for extra hours. They will tell you they will "bank" the hours, but will never let you take time when you need it. If you want to feel un appreciated and over worked, then apply...and regret it.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management
Residential properties with a high volume of work but the employees are great and make it fun to work. Alot of employee appreciation events!
worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2017
I am currently employed with the company for over 10 years and had the opportunity to advance to several positions. The company advances from within when possible, providing the training and the skill to succeed.
There is a diverse group of people working together to promote teamwork. The people I work with are encouraging, this is one of the best things about my job, the people I work with. We work hard but we enjoy one another and have fun. I always appreciate how supportive and understanding the company, managers and coworkers have been over the years with family matters. The company offers good group benefits and competitive pay. Employee advancement is based on merit and this is recognized. Regular reviews with employee input are provided and discussed, they look forward to our input. Regular team meetings are encouraged as well.
I've worked with many different companies and every company has ups and downs with good times and not so good times, but this job and company has far more good times! Definitely a employer to consider.
Pros
Great coworkers, employee appreciation events, supportive managers
Cons
multi tasking, a busy environment, staff must be available month end and beginning, only 2 weeks vacation at a time
Way to much liability
Not sure.... cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
We are required to do way to much that can cost us the job in a heart beat.. Winter time you NEED to start at 6 everyday.. way to much cleaning and very little repairs..
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Not enough pay for the work they do
Horrible and corrupt management
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 February 2017
I worked at Osgoode Properties for several years. Many people were treated cruelly. Management keep people down and are racist and chauvinistic. They are not interested in the staff but making money for themselves. They want you to feel that you will never do better and make you feel intimidated. I wish I had left sooner as it took a long time to move past such a negative experience. Save yourself from working in this environment, you can do better.
Excellent place to work
Building Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa29 January 2017
I worked there for just over three months until i got sick but there is helpful staff and maagers are excellent at what they do lots of training and helpful people this is one of the best companies i have ever worked for all of head office are very accomodating and helpful they thrive on seeing employees success and advance in thier career
Pros
Friendly staff, managers are highly trained and accomodating, great property managers and human resources managers, great staff
Cons
Very poor management no respect
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 November 2016
Management is underqualified no respect for there employees no do not respect vacation time always little to no supplies unable to understand what the job requires
Very poor experience working for Osgoode Properties
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 April 2016
I worked here for several years and wish I hadn't stayed so long as it was a very negative experience. The management have no integrity and are unethical.

Staff are not considered for promotion when they have put in their time and are well qualified. They do not encourage growth and instill fear in their employees. I saw people experiencing personal issues get pushed out as they were considered a liability. There are a handful of incompetent staff who are kept as they know the right people. A lot of abuse and mismanagement is allowed to take place while senior management turn a blind eye.
Amazing work environment
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 December 2015
Osgoode Properties is a company that thrives on teamwork and a good sense of humor. A good mood is infectious among the staff who go above and beyond to help answer any questions and solve any problems. A typical day begins with listening to messages and prepping the entryway for guests who will be arriving for any upcoming meetings. Once the mail arrives it must be opened, sorted and distributed. Multitasking is key at this point in the day. The phone is ringing on a regular basis with calls from both tenants and business associates and faxes are arriving periodically. Once that is done, tasks were handed down from other departments to be completed by the end of the day. The newly renovated main floor has a great open concept feel which promotes a very positive energy throughout the entire floor. I am grateful for the knowledge and experience I gained from having worked there.
about my job
Apartment live in superentendent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 March 2014
on call every 2nd weeks(after 0ffice hour & weekend,24hours monitoring)..learned a lot of painting,repairing drywall,electrical,plumbing.etc....management change policy on vacation(just made a policy that cannot get 4weeks straigth vacation(we are pilipinos and want to visit family backhome,management just give us 2weeks a time..ticket to philippines is to high to visit for 2weeks and the trip is 2days a way)...we are in good teamwork w/ my pilipino co-worker..hardest part of job is taking care of swimmingpool every 2hour is have to check the condition of water,wintertime when its too much cold to do snow blower,shovel and apply salt...only hoping to vacation w/pay visit our family backhomes...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Osgoode Properties. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8