SURGICAL SALES ASSOCIATE JOB POSTING
Ortho West Medical, Inc. has an exciting sales opportunity for someone who is looking to enter the medical device industry with a growing company. A Surgical Sales Representative for Ortho West is tasked with managing and developing orthopaedic device sales in existing accounts. The expectation of the Surgical Representative is to ensure the customer experience with the products that we supply is exceptional, and to ensure the company consistently meets sales goals within specific hospitals.
- Develop contacts with all points of sale in the hospitals across the territory (i.e. surgeon, nurse, buyer, Sterile Processing Departments, administration)
- Identify key sales opportunities in the hospital(s) across the territory
- Develop and implement marketing and selling strategies
- Achieve defined sales targets in territory
- Participate in business planning for the territory (instrument/implant forecasting, sales forecasting and budgeting)
- Assist surgeon customers to plan and template upcoming surgeries as necessary
- Provide consultation during surgery as required
- Ensure operating room staff are appropriately trained and inventory and instrumentation are on hand prior to surgery
- Manage the instrumentation and implant consignment at the hospital
- Inform management of current issues and competitive activity in the territory
- Abide by all Corporate and Hospital policies and procedures
- Participate in trauma call schedule including weekends and evenings as necessary
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Base Salary for first two years during training followed by a transition into commissioned package
- Key expenses will be covered during first two years through an expense allowance
- Eligible to participate in Group Benefits Health Plan
- Personal Training Expenses – covered by Ortho West
- Surgeon and Healthcare worker training expenses – covered by Ortho West
- Territory Promotional expenses (other than day to day) – covered by Ortho West
Desired Skills & Experience
Eligible candidates will have a proven track record in sales and/or professional experience related to the Health Care field. Must have a University/College Degree; a background in science, kinesiology and/or business would be beneficial, but not required. He or she will have a demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving. The successful candidate will be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment and must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in computer use is also mandatory, including Microsoft Office products, etc.
If you meet the qualifications to apply for this position, please respond to the job posting with your resume and cover letter . Please note that only suitable applicants will be contacted for an interview.