Orlick Industries Employee Reviews

Decent
Operator / Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON30 November 2016
It was an ok place to work, just need to apply and you get a job.
They would hire pretty much anyone at all, and the work was incredibly difficult, with crazy high turnover rates.
not that great
Meltroom Operator/maintenance assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 October 2016
if your looking for a temporary job its not a bad gig .. but dont expect to be there long or be surprised to be permanently laid off.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
not a secure job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 April 2016
Continuing education opportunities, inherently satisfying work, friendly colleagues, good supervision, ability to consult with clinical team lead at any time, supportive supervisors, diverse client base to work with, exchange program, opportunities to work overtime if you want to, 3 month grace period without productivity stipulations so you can get used to demands of the job, will lead to very good results
Great and productive working environment
Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 April 2016
Friendly and productive environment for any candidate. Got to learn a lot of die casting and how the engineers are always trying to improve things like saving energy, efficiency and lowering costs.
CNC Operator (Parkdale)
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  411 Parkdale Avenue North2 April 2016
Typical Day at Orlick;

Go to work, punch my card in, walk down to the CNC department, go back outside, have a cigarette, go back inside and go to work.
Shift: 7am-3:30pm; 7-10 (break10mins), 10:10-12 (break30mins), 12:30-2 (break10mins), 2:10-3:30.

What I've Learned;

I've learned (on my own) how to the job. They say you'll get training but in reality they show you how to generally do the job in about 30 seconds to maybe 2 minutes of demonstrations on how to do what you need to do on the job you are working on. After that it's touch and go. I've learned more from my co-workers than any of the management staff there.

Management and Co-Workers;

Some of the management staff and co-workers you will get along with. But for the most part everyone talks about everyone at some point. Your fellow co-workers (on your shift) will get along with you for the most part. The ones on the other shift will blame your shift for every little or big thing. Managers are another story. Very little of the time they will have your back if something happens (customer complaints, internal complaints). The only problem I've really had with management is when I had a part come to me that looked pretty bad and I showed it to my supervisor and he said it was fine. We got a complaint a month or so later for it and the tag had my number on it, so I was to blame. But when I said I showed it to my supervisor, let's just say he naturally denied any involvement.

Hardest part of the job;

Meeting (for the most part) their high expectations regarding numbers that they need fulfilled by the end
  more... of the work day. On some jobs it is easy enough but on others it is a joke and unrealistic.

Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job;

Breaks, friends at the workplace and standing at the end of the day at the punch clock waiting to go home!
Pros
Co-Workers on your shift are great, benefits are decent, reasonable pay
Cons
Key word; Drama. You will be talked about, whether you are a saint or the devil. And people will tell lies about you.
Work not worth pay
Trim press operator (Former Employee) –  Stoney.creek24 September 2015
I worked at the stoney creek facility. Place is a joke, high school drama, supervisors don't care about you, some Co. Workers are good but most are back stabbers. If you need a job asap it will fill the void, but honestly keep looking. Don't. Recommend this company to anyone
Pros
Cons
Horrible pay, even worse shifts, and their "2 week training" lasted 6 days for me
Great first time factory job
Trim Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 September 2015
This company opened my eyes to the manufacturing aspect of a product. You have a greater appreciation for objects in life when you have to actually make the product.
Pros
loved trim pressing
Cons
non
Good for beginning experience but keep your options open
Millwright Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 August 2015
Worked there for 2 years, first 3 months they treat you will and try to work with you, last 21 months I worked with partners from time to time but mostly on my own, the work stress compared to pay wasnt worth it, did everything I could to keep my department running but lack of parts and appreciation from managers is depressing, there are good people that work there and they are more than happy to give you a hand, must have tough skin to get along with people, good beginner experience.
Pros
Most mechanics will try to help you learn
Cons
Mandatory overtime, and don't care about your time
Unknown
Millwright Apprentice Co-op (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 May 2015
Orlick is a confusing place to work. At times it was easy to learn but some of the millwright held back due to the amount of turnover of their aprrentices.
Very unprofessional and childish
Trim press operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton8 May 2015
I felt like I was in high school all over again and if one person doesn't like you, well you get laid off to only find out they didn't have the balls to fire me to my face cowards. All in all just an awful company to work for. At least at the Parkdale facility.
Pros
Paycheck didn't bounce
Cons
Poor management, no job security and all around childish work setting
manualfacturing industry
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  hamilton23 April 2015
Kept pace in high volume production facility
Worked efficiently and was very organized for daily tasks
product quility control
hot workplace, very consistant
Trim press operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 January 2015
always early starter worked hard and long hours usually days consisted of grinding materials down and following strict safety and quality control guidelines
Mandatory overtime and underpaid staff makes a great combo
ABB Extractor Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 November 2014
After working for them for 3 years, I was only making 1$ more then the new people that started. I was in charge of 3 or more machines a day. Management didn't listen to their own staff and cared less about them. Constantly getting BURNT by molten aluminum because nothing gets fixed by maintenance. If you are it hard need of some money, and need a filler job till something better comes up, go and find a different job don't apply here.
Pros
There's lots of work
Cons
To much demand from management, No SAFETY regards to staff.
Productive and fun work environment.
CNC Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 October 2014
CNC operating isn't for everyone but Orlick certainly made their employers feel at home. The wage wasn't the greatest, but I would definitely recommend this work place to anyone.
Trim Press
Trim Press Operator (Current Employee) –  hamilton6 October 2014
Repeatedly working the trim press machines. Staffing is wonderful. Hardest part of the job is switching shifts from one week to the next.
Pros
staffing
Cons
shiftwork
Steady work - No other real benefit
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON24 September 2014
As a CNC operator, my job is purely Monday to Friday. The hours vary based on the shift between day and afternoon shifts. Overtime occasionally available.
Pros
Reliable hours
Cons
Constantly increasing demands, management separates themselves from the needs of the general staff
productive
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  burlington,on7 August 2014
driving a forklift and keeping tack of 40 machines and finished product unloading and loading of trucks
Pros
learned to use my time well
Cons
to many jobs to do for one person and was forced to work long hours at any time without notice
No concern for employees personal lives at all!
Die cast Maintenance (Former Employee) –  All Stoney Creek locations4 August 2014
Terrible company to work for. Management are back stabbers and expect that you trade your life for work. Lack of training, no organization and no free lunches as stated, BBQ are paid for by you, as are other advertised offers, also the benefits are very weak with lots of fine print. Some good people, but the company turns most against each other and talks down to there employees! Never have parts to fix machines, a lot of band aid fixes that continuously arise over and over. Don't do it! Unless your under someones wing, they turn on people in an instant.
Pros
some good people
Cons
Management! sub par pay rates, Long hours and 6 day weeks on rotating shifts are expected.
Overworked With Not Enough Pay
CNC Coolant Handler (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON28 April 2014
You are over worked with not enough pay. Management doesn't care about your needs. Really high turn over rate but however the coworkers are great people.
Lots of work to be done
Meltroom Operator (Foundry) (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON31 December 2013
This is by far the hardest and most underpaid job I've ever had but it did me a lot of good as well. I lost 65lbs in 6 months, kept me busy and showed me self worth.
Pros
Lost a lot of weight because I was always busy and sweating, good people to work with
Cons
work 6-7 days a week(mandatory overtime), very hot environment(working around 1400 degree furnaces)

2.7