Orlick Industries

Orlick Industries Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overworked With Not Enough Pay
CNC Coolant Handler (Current Employee), Stoney Creek, ONApril 28, 2014
You are over worked with not enough pay. Management doesn't care about your needs. Really high turn over rate but however the coworkers are great people.
Very boring, fast paced
Trim-press operator (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONDecember 16, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: 10 min break every 2 hours. 20 min lunch, hard work filing parts. tedious.
While I was working here. (3months) 5-6 new people started and all quit. It's a place you would work if you really have to. But guaranteed you won't last. It is not a career. 12 hour continental shifts. Switch days/nights. One after the other. 2 on (days) 2 off (2 on nights) etc...

It says I should talk about co-workers. What Can I say, a bunch of – more... goofs. – less
close to home
Trim Press Operator (Former Employee), hamilton, ont.November 5, 2013
Pros: close to home and obtained skills
Cons: terrible pay
hours were good and learned a lot here
obtained skills and met people to obtain job at national steel car
Mandatory Overtime is killing their employees
cnc operator (Current Employee), hamilton ontarioSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: mandatory overtime every week for months on end
This is a hard work job. On your feet the whole shift. Mandatory overtime on saturdays means if you work afternoons one week, you're back in for days on monday at 7am - one day weekends. this overtime is blamed on the employees not working fast enough, even though machines break down repeatedly every day, and parts are not available to work with.
co-workers – more... are great, helpful and honest about the company and job. – less
Great people to work with
CNC Set-Up Technician (Laid-Off) (Former Employee), Stoney CreekJuly 31, 2013
Pros: bbq on fridays in summer
Cons: management
Always busy. Learned a lot more about CNC. The management needs work. Great co-workers. Dealing with difficult people. My responsibilities
Review of Orlick Industries, inc.
CNC OPERATOR (Current Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJuly 3, 2013
Pros: sometimes free lunch
Cons: long hours
Physically demanding, have to sometimes work long hours. But overall people are nice, and willing to help you in anyway they can.
High-quality auto parts manufacturer, with good reputation, but high employment turnover rate.
Trim Press Operator (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: worker safety and morale seem to be high priorities.
Cons: only workers with exceptional physical capability can endure here.
I enjoyed working here, got along well with my co-workers, and was commended for my attention to quality control. Nonetheless, I was cut loose after my three months probationary period, as they deemed me unsuitable for the position for which I was hired. When I reapplied for other possible positions, the company refused to consider my further applications.
Orlick Industries
CNC Operator (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: good people lots of overtime decent pay
Cons: little to no organization in the plant
my day at Orlick Industries was consist of being a cnc operator drilling holes into oil pans or general labour loading oil pans into a wash plant. Furthermore I have learned that I like the factory work and the shifts(days,afternoons). the hardest part of the job was the management there was very little organization one manger would tell u to do something – more... one way then another lead hand would tell you that you are doing it wrong. Lastly the most enjoyable part was the people that work there they knew how to work hard and still enjoy to make work more enjoyable an example of this would be giving praise for the things you did right and taking the time to show you what u did wrong for the future. In conclusion that is my review on Orlick Industries – less
a day to day head-ache
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 13, 2012
Cons: the cheapest c.n.c. company. they make you pay for the company bbq
always running out of parts to run, management talks to all their workers like their idiots. Their disorganized, and lazy. Co-workers are the only ones you can trust. Except for the management "pets" theirs 2 on each shift, and rat on coworkers every day to get out of doing hard work. Their is no enjoyable part of the day other than clocking out, and – more... going home. – less

About Orlick Industries

We are a fully integrated aluminum high pressure die cast and machining organization engaged in the design and manufacture of – Read more