Orlick Industries Employee Reviews

good learning experience
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 June 2017
Very rough environment. This is where I learned about getting disruptive workers on line. Our lab was very progressive and had some great co-workers. Direct management showed what can be achieved with honest and sincere effort. I learned a lot about die-casting and machining aluminum in a fast paced manufacturing shop. I was part of a group sent over to open a new division at the time.
Pros
great learning experience all around
Cons
very hot shop in summer ??
No job security
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 June 2017
Don't know what will be next. Benefit still good for now, doesn't not cover pre-existing condition.

Only company hiring in town, very hot in the summer to work in die cast department.
My favorite job!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 June 2017
I was the representative to Honda at Orlick. They were absolutely wonderful to work with. I handled everything from New Model Reviews to replacement tracking & destruction of old die casting equipment and temporary packaging requirements.
We had a great production team and a great quality team.
Orlick had some really progressive equipment on site. Very interesting stuff.
Pros
Excellent work experience
Cons
A little old fashioned in their HR attitudes
Pretending to be a world class manufacturer
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 May 2017
"Competitive wages"
Starting pay is $12.50 goes up to $13 after ten week probation.

"Growth Opportunities"
New positions are assigned on merit, not seniority. Expect to have a carrot dangled in front of you for years. Unless you're a rat.

"Training"
Monday: you'll get 3 hours for basic safety training so the company can cover themselves if you get injured.
Tuesday: Straight to work. There aren't any real trainers ... just co-workers that are already stressed with production quotas.

The usual from a company that wants to make parts, not careers.
its employee reference scammers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 April 2017
its scammer they want want job reference who applying job keep they job available when you applying this company am not recommended applying this company
Decent
Operator / Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON30 November 2016
It was an ok place to work, just need to apply and you get a job.
They would hire pretty much anyone at all, and the work was incredibly difficult, with crazy high turnover rates.
not that great
Meltroom Operator/maintenance assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 October 2016
if your looking for a temporary job its not a bad gig .. but dont expect to be there long or be surprised to be permanently laid off.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
not a secure job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 April 2016
Continuing education opportunities, inherently satisfying work, friendly colleagues, good supervision, ability to consult with clinical team lead at any time, supportive supervisors, diverse client base to work with, exchange program, opportunities to work overtime if you want to, 3 month grace period without productivity stipulations so you can get used to demands of the job, will lead to very good results
Great and productive working environment
Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 April 2016
Friendly and productive environment for any candidate. Got to learn a lot of die casting and how the engineers are always trying to improve things like saving energy, efficiency and lowering costs.
CNC Operator (Parkdale)
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  411 Parkdale Avenue North2 April 2016
Typical Day at Orlick;

Go to work, punch my card in, walk down to the CNC department, go back outside, have a cigarette, go back inside and go to work.
Shift: 7am-3:30pm; 7-10 (break10mins), 10:10-12 (break30mins), 12:30-2 (break10mins), 2:10-3:30.

What I've Learned;

I've learned (on my own) how to the job. They say you'll get training but in reality they show you how to generally do the job in about 30 seconds to maybe 2 minutes of demonstrations on how to do what you need to do on the job you are working on. After that it's touch and go. I've learned more from my co-workers than any of the management staff there.

Management and Co-Workers;

Some of the management staff and co-workers you will get along with. But for the most part everyone talks about everyone at some point. Your fellow co-workers (on your shift) will get along with you for the most part. The ones on the other shift will blame your shift for every little or big thing. Managers are another story. Very little of the time they will have your back if something happens (customer complaints, internal complaints). The only problem I've really had with management is when I had a part come to me that looked pretty bad and I showed it to my supervisor and he said it was fine. We got a complaint a month or so later for it and the tag had my number on it, so I was to blame. But when I said I showed it to my supervisor, let's just say he naturally denied any involvement.

Hardest part of the job;

Meeting (for the most part) their high expectations regarding numbers that they need fulfilled by the end
  more... of the work day. On some jobs it is easy enough but on others it is a joke and unrealistic.

Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job;

Breaks, friends at the workplace and standing at the end of the day at the punch clock waiting to go home!
Pros
Co-Workers on your shift are great, benefits are decent, reasonable pay
Cons
Key word; Drama. You will be talked about, whether you are a saint or the devil. And people will tell lies about you.

Want to know more about Orlick Industries?

Ask a question
Work not worth pay
Trim press operator (Former Employee) –  Stoney.creek24 September 2015
I worked at the stoney creek facility. Place is a joke, high school drama, supervisors don't care about you, some Co. Workers are good but most are back stabbers. If you need a job asap it will fill the void, but honestly keep looking. Don't. Recommend this company to anyone
Pros
Cons
Horrible pay, even worse shifts, and their "2 week training" lasted 6 days for me
Great first time factory job
Trim Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 September 2015
This company opened my eyes to the manufacturing aspect of a product. You have a greater appreciation for objects in life when you have to actually make the product.
Pros
loved trim pressing
Cons
non
Good for beginning experience but keep your options open
Millwright Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 August 2015
Worked there for 2 years, first 3 months they treat you will and try to work with you, last 21 months I worked with partners from time to time but mostly on my own, the work stress compared to pay wasnt worth it, did everything I could to keep my department running but lack of parts and appreciation from managers is depressing, there are good people that work there and they are more than happy to give you a hand, must have tough skin to get along with people, good beginner experience.
Pros
Most mechanics will try to help you learn
Cons
Mandatory overtime, and don't care about your time
Unknown
Millwright Apprentice Co-op (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 May 2015
Orlick is a confusing place to work. At times it was easy to learn but some of the millwright held back due to the amount of turnover of their aprrentices.
Very unprofessional and childish
Trim press operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton8 May 2015
I felt like I was in high school all over again and if one person doesn't like you, well you get laid off to only find out they didn't have the balls to fire me to my face cowards. All in all just an awful company to work for. At least at the Parkdale facility.
Pros
Paycheck didn't bounce
Cons
Poor management, no job security and all around childish work setting
manualfacturing industry
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  hamilton23 April 2015
Kept pace in high volume production facility
Worked efficiently and was very organized for daily tasks
product quility control
hot workplace, very consistant
Trim press operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 January 2015
always early starter worked hard and long hours usually days consisted of grinding materials down and following strict safety and quality control guidelines
Mandatory overtime and underpaid staff makes a great combo
ABB Extractor Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 November 2014
After working for them for 3 years, I was only making 1$ more then the new people that started. I was in charge of 3 or more machines a day. Management didn't listen to their own staff and cared less about them. Constantly getting BURNT by molten aluminum because nothing gets fixed by maintenance. If you are it hard need of some money, and need a filler job till something better comes up, go and find a different job don't apply here.
Pros
There's lots of work
Cons
To much demand from management, No SAFETY regards to staff.
Productive and fun work environment.
CNC Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 October 2014
CNC operating isn't for everyone but Orlick certainly made their employers feel at home. The wage wasn't the greatest, but I would definitely recommend this work place to anyone.
Trim Press
Trim Press Operator (Current Employee) –  hamilton6 October 2014
Repeatedly working the trim press machines. Staffing is wonderful. Hardest part of the job is switching shifts from one week to the next.
Pros
staffing
Cons
shiftwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orlick Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7