Orlick Industries Employee Reviews

not that great
Meltroom Operator/maintenance assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 October 2016
if your looking for a temporary job its not a bad gig .. but dont expect to be there long or be surprised to be permanently laid off.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
not a secure job
Decent
Operator / Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON30 November 2016
It was an ok place to work, just need to apply and you get a job.
They would hire pretty much anyone at all, and the work was incredibly difficult, with crazy high turnover rates.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 April 2016
Continuing education opportunities, inherently satisfying work, friendly colleagues, good supervision, ability to consult with clinical team lead at any time, supportive supervisors, diverse client base to work with, exchange program, opportunities to work overtime if you want to, 3 month grace period without productivity stipulations so you can get used to demands of the job, will lead to very good results
Great and productive working environment
Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 April 2016
Friendly and productive environment for any candidate. Got to learn a lot of die casting and how the engineers are always trying to improve things like saving energy, efficiency and lowering costs.
Work not worth pay
Trim press operator (Former Employee) –  Stoney.creek24 September 2015
I worked at the stoney creek facility. Place is a joke, high school drama, supervisors don't care about you, some Co. Workers are good but most are back stabbers. If you need a job asap it will fill the void, but honestly keep looking. Don't. Recommend this company to anyone
Pros
Cons
Horrible pay, even worse shifts, and their "2 week training" lasted 6 days for me
Good for beginning experience but keep your options open
Millwright Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 August 2015
Worked there for 2 years, first 3 months they treat you will and try to work with you, last 21 months I worked with partners from time to time but mostly on my own, the work stress compared to pay wasnt worth it, did everything I could to keep my department running but lack of parts and appreciation from managers is depressing, there are good people that work there and they are more than happy to give you a hand, must have tough skin to get along with people, good beginner experience.
Pros
Most mechanics will try to help you learn
Cons
Mandatory overtime, and don't care about your time
Great first time factory job
Trim Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 September 2015
This company opened my eyes to the manufacturing aspect of a product. You have a greater appreciation for objects in life when you have to actually make the product.
Pros
loved trim pressing
Cons
non
Very unprofessional and childish
Trim press operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton8 May 2015
I felt like I was in high school all over again and if one person doesn't like you, well you get laid off to only find out they didn't have the balls to fire me to my face cowards. All in all just an awful company to work for. At least at the Parkdale facility.
Pros
Paycheck didn't bounce
Cons
Poor management, no job security and all around childish work setting
Mandatory overtime and underpaid staff makes a great combo
ABB Extractor Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 November 2014
After working for them for 3 years, I was only making 1$ more then the new people that started. I was in charge of 3 or more machines a day. Management didn't listen to their own staff and cared less about them. Constantly getting BURNT by molten aluminum because nothing gets fixed by maintenance. If you are it hard need of some money, and need a filler job till something better comes up, go and find a different job don't apply here.
Pros
There's lots of work
Cons
To much demand from management, No SAFETY regards to staff.
No concern for employees personal lives at all!
Die cast Maintenance (Former Employee) –  All Stoney Creek locations4 August 2014
Terrible company to work for. Management are back stabbers and expect that you trade your life for work. Lack of training, no organization and no free lunches as stated, BBQ are paid for by you, as are other advertised offers, also the benefits are very weak with lots of fine print. Some good people, but the company turns most against each other and talks down to there employees! Never have parts to fix machines, a lot of band aid fixes that continuously arise over and over. Don't do it! Unless your under someones wing, they turn on people in an instant.
Pros
some good people
Cons
Management! sub par pay rates, Long hours and 6 day weeks on rotating shifts are expected.
High-quality auto parts manufacturer, with good reputation, but high employment turnover rate.
Trim Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 February 2013
I enjoyed working here, got along well with my co-workers, and was commended for my attention to quality control. Nonetheless, I was cut loose after my three months probationary period, as they deemed me unsuitable for the position for which I was hired. When I reapplied for other possible positions, the company refused to consider my further applications.
Pros
worker safety and morale seem to be high priorities.
Cons
only workers with exceptional physical capability can endure here.
a day to day head-ache
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 June 2012
always running out of parts to run, management talks to all their workers like their idiots. Their disorganized, and lazy. Co-workers are the only ones you can trust. Except for the management "pets" theirs 2 on each shift, and rat on coworkers every day to get out of doing hard work. Their is no enjoyable part of the day other than clocking out, and going home.
Cons
the cheapest c.n.c. company. they make you pay for the company bbq
Very boring, fast paced
Trim-press operator (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON16 December 2013
While I was working here. (3months) 5-6 new people started and all quit. It's a place you would work if you really have to. But guaranteed you won't last. It is not a career. 12 hour continental shifts. Switch days/nights. One after the other. 2 on (days) 2 off (2 on nights) etc...

It says I should talk about co-workers. What Can I say, a bunch of goofs.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
10 min break every 2 hours. 20 min lunch, hard work filing parts. tedious.
Orlick Industries
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 January 2013
my day at Orlick Industries was consist of being a cnc operator drilling holes into oil pans or general labour loading oil pans into a wash plant. Furthermore I have learned that I like the factory work and the shifts(days,afternoons). the hardest part of the job was the management there was very little organization one manger would tell u to do something one way then another lead hand would tell you that you are doing it wrong. Lastly the most enjoyable part was the people that work there they knew how to work hard and still enjoy to make work more enjoyable an example of this would be giving praise for the things you did right and taking the time to show you what u did wrong for the future. In conclusion that is my review on Orlick Industries
Pros
good people lots of overtime decent pay
Cons
little to no organization in the plant
Lots of work to be done
Meltroom Operator (Foundry) (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON31 December 2013
This is by far the hardest and most underpaid job I've ever had but it did me a lot of good as well. I lost 65lbs in 6 months, kept me busy and showed me self worth.
Pros
Lost a lot of weight because I was always busy and sweating, good people to work with
Cons
work 6-7 days a week(mandatory overtime), very hot environment(working around 1400 degree furnaces)
Steady work - No other real benefit
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON24 September 2014
As a CNC operator, my job is purely Monday to Friday. The hours vary based on the shift between day and afternoon shifts. Overtime occasionally available.
Pros
Reliable hours
Cons
Constantly increasing demands, management separates themselves from the needs of the general staff
Unknown
Millwright Apprentice Co-op (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 May 2015
Orlick is a confusing place to work. At times it was easy to learn but some of the millwright held back due to the amount of turnover of their aprrentices.
productive
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  burlington,on7 August 2014
driving a forklift and keeping tack of 40 machines and finished product unloading and loading of trucks
Pros
learned to use my time well
Cons
to many jobs to do for one person and was forced to work long hours at any time without notice
Productive and fun work environment.
CNC Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 October 2014
CNC operating isn't for everyone but Orlick certainly made their employers feel at home. The wage wasn't the greatest, but I would definitely recommend this work place to anyone.
hot workplace, very consistant
Trim press operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 January 2015
always early starter worked hard and long hours usually days consisted of grinding materials down and following strict safety and quality control guidelines

2.7