Orlick Industries Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 12, 2016
Continuing education opportunities, inherently satisfying work, friendly colleagues, good supervision, ability to consult with clinical team lead at any time, supportive supervisors, diverse client base to work with, exchange program, opportunities to work overtime if you want to, 3 month grace period without productivity stipulations so you can get used to demands of the job, will lead to very good results
Great and productive working environment
Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 7, 2016
Friendly and productive environment for any candidate. Got to learn a lot of die casting and how the engineers are always trying to improve things like saving energy, efficiency and lowering costs.
CNC Operator (Parkdale)
CNC Operator (Current Employee), 411 Parkdale Avenue NorthApril 2, 2016
Pros: Co-Workers on your shift are great, benefits are decent, reasonable pay
Cons: Key word; Drama. You will be talked about, whether you are a saint or the devil. And people will tell lies about you.
Typical Day at Orlick;

Go to work, punch my card in, walk down to the CNC department, go back outside, have a cigarette, go back inside and go to work.
Shift: 7am-3:30pm; 7-10 (break10mins), 10:10-12 (break30mins), 12:30-2 (break10mins), 2:10-3:30.

What I've Learned;

I've learned (on my own) how to the job. They say you'll get training but in reality they show you how to generally do the job in about 30 seconds to maybe 2 minutes of demonstrations on how to do what you need to do on the job you are working on. After that it's touch and go. I've learned more from my co-workers than any of the management staff there.

Management and Co-Workers;

Some of the management staff and co-workers you will get along with. But for the most part everyone talks about everyone at some point. Your fellow co-workers (on your shift) will get along with you for the most part. The ones on the other shift will blame your shift for every little or big thing. Managers are another story. Very little of the time they will have your back if something happens (customer complaints, internal complaints). The only problem I've really had with management is when I had a part come to me that looked pretty bad and I showed it to my supervisor and he said it was fine. We got a complaint a month or so later for it and the tag had my number on it, so I was to blame. But when I said I showed it to my supervisor, let's just say he naturally denied any involvement.

Hardest part of the job;

Meeting (for the most part) their high expectations regarding numbers that they need fulfilled by the end – more... of the work day. On some jobs it is easy enough but on others it is a joke and unrealistic.

Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job;

Breaks, friends at the workplace and standing at the end of the day at the punch clock waiting to go home! – less
Work not worth pay
Trim press operator (Former Employee), Stoney.creekSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Horrible pay, even worse shifts, and their "2 week training" lasted 6 days for me
I worked at the stoney creek facility. Place is a joke, high school drama, supervisors don't care about you, some Co. Workers are good but most are back stabbers. If you need a job asap it will fill the void, but honestly keep looking. Don't. Recommend this company to anyone
Great first time factory job
Trim Press Operator (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: loved trim pressing
Cons: non
This company opened my eyes to the manufacturing aspect of a product. You have a greater appreciation for objects in life when you have to actually make the product.
Good for beginning experience but keep your options open
Millwright Apprentice (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Most mechanics will try to help you learn
Cons: Mandatory overtime, and don't care about your time
Worked there for 2 years, first 3 months they treat you will and try to work with you, last 21 months I worked with partners from time to time but mostly on my own, the work stress compared to pay wasnt worth it, did everything I could to keep my department running but lack of parts and appreciation from managers is depressing, there are good people that work there and they are more than happy to give you a hand, must have tough skin to get along with people, good beginner experience.
Unknown
Millwright Apprentice Co-op (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 25, 2015
Orlick is a confusing place to work. At times it was easy to learn but some of the millwright held back due to the amount of turnover of their aprrentices.
Very unprofessional and childish
Trim press operator (Former Employee), HamiltonMay 8, 2015
Pros: Paycheck didn't bounce
Cons: Poor management, no job security and all around childish work setting
I felt like I was in high school all over again and if one person doesn't like you, well you get laid off to only find out they didn't have the balls to fire me to my face cowards. All in all just an awful company to work for. At least at the Parkdale facility.
manualfacturing industry
CNC Operator (Former Employee), hamiltonApril 23, 2015
Kept pace in high volume production facility
Worked efficiently and was very organized for daily tasks
product quility control
hot workplace, very consistant
Trim press operator (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 13, 2015
always early starter worked hard and long hours usually days consisted of grinding materials down and following strict safety and quality control guidelines
Mandatory overtime and underpaid staff makes a great combo
ABB Extractor Operator (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 25, 2014
Pros: there's lots of work
Cons: to much demand from management, no safety regards to staff.
After working for them for 3 years, I was only making 1$ more then the new people that started. I was in charge of 3 or more machines a day. Management didn't listen to their own staff and cared less about them. Constantly getting BURNT by molten aluminum because nothing gets fixed by maintenance. If you are it hard need of some money, and need a filler job till something better comes up, go and find a different job don't apply here.
Productive and fun work environment.
CNC Lathe Operator (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 22, 2014
CNC operating isn't for everyone but Orlick certainly made their employers feel at home. The wage wasn't the greatest, but I would definitely recommend this work place to anyone.
Trim Press
Trim Press Operator (Current Employee), hamiltonOctober 6, 2014
Pros: staffing
Cons: shiftwork
Repeatedly working the trim press machines. Staffing is wonderful. Hardest part of the job is switching shifts from one week to the next.
Steady work - No other real benefit
CNC Operator (Current Employee), Stoney Creek, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: reliable hours
Cons: constantly increasing demands, management separates themselves from the needs of the general staff
As a CNC operator, my job is purely Monday to Friday. The hours vary based on the shift between day and afternoon shifts. Overtime occasionally available.
productive
Material Handler (Former Employee), burlington,onAugust 7, 2014
Pros: learned to use my time well
Cons: to many jobs to do for one person and was forced to work long hours at any time without notice
driving a forklift and keeping tack of 40 machines and finished product unloading and loading of trucks
No concern for employees personal lives at all!
Die cast Maintenance (Former Employee), All Stoney Creek locationsAugust 4, 2014
Pros: some good people
Cons: management! sub par pay rates, long hours and 6 day weeks on rotating shifts are expected.
Terrible company to work for. Management are back stabbers and expect that you trade your life for work. Lack of training, no organization and no free lunches as stated, BBQ are paid for by you, as are other advertised offers, also the benefits are very weak with lots of fine print. Some good people, but the company turns most against each other and talks down to there employees! Never have parts to fix machines, a lot of band aid fixes that continuously arise over and over. Don't do it! Unless your under someones wing, they turn on people in an instant.
Overworked With Not Enough Pay
CNC Coolant Handler (Current Employee), Stoney Creek, ONApril 28, 2014
You are over worked with not enough pay. Management doesn't care about your needs. Really high turn over rate but however the coworkers are great people.
Lots of work to be done
Meltroom Operator (Foundry) (Current Employee), Stoney Creek, ONDecember 31, 2013
Pros: lost a lot of weight because i was always busy and sweating, good people to work with
Cons: work 6-7 days a week(mandatory overtime), very hot environment(working around 1400 degree furnaces)
This is by far the hardest and most underpaid job I've ever had but it did me a lot of good as well. I lost 65lbs in 6 months, kept me busy and showed me self worth.
Very boring, fast paced
Trim-press operator (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONDecember 16, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: 10 min break every 2 hours. 20 min lunch, hard work filing parts. tedious.
While I was working here. (3months) 5-6 new people started and all quit. It's a place you would work if you really have to. But guaranteed you won't last. It is not a career. 12 hour continental shifts. Switch days/nights. One after the other. 2 on (days) 2 off (2 on nights) etc...

It says I should talk about co-workers. What Can I say, a bunch of goofs.
Mandatory Overtime is killing their employees
cnc operator (Current Employee), hamilton ontarioSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: mandatory overtime every week for months on end
This is a hard work job. On your feet the whole shift. Mandatory overtime on saturdays means if you work afternoons one week, you're back in for days on monday at 7am - one day weekends. this overtime is blamed on the employees not working fast enough, even though machines break down repeatedly every day, and parts are not available to work with.
co-workers are great, helpful and honest about the company and job.
Headquarters