Orlick Industries is a leading supplier in the automotive marketplace, providing precision machined aluminum casting.
The Quality Manager is directly responsible for their specific facilities quality activities. These responsibilities shall include the development, implementation and maintenance of the plant quality system, providing career development for quality department personnel and liaising with customers on plant quality matters.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Implement and maintain compliance to the policies, procedures and quality systems as detailed in the quality manual and quality procedures.
- Implement and maintain new and/or revised quality policies.
- In consultation with other Managers, develop and implement any additional quality control measures as required to meet specific customer requirements.
- Advise production management of any situation where minimum customer quality standards are not being met. Recommend appropriate actions to remedy non-conformances. Actively participate with production personnel when standards are in question.
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate methods to detect and prevent shipment of nonconforming material.
- Exercise sound judgment when production or shipments should be halted. Consult with the appropriate personnel to ensure that there is a satisfactory resolution to quality problems.
- Perform internal, subcontractor, and customer surveys as necessary.
- Ensure subordinates are properly trained and supervised to competently carry out their responsibilities and are provided with current job descriptions.
- Prepare quality reports as required.
- Responsible for the management of the Quality department.
- Select, train, and motivate a qualified Quality department. Identify, develop and implement comprehensive skills training/upgrading programs for entire department.
- Ensure all departmental personnel have received the required training and skills development to effectively perform their job. Formally evaluate departmental personnel on an annual, semi-annual and ‘as required’ basis.
- Encourage and develop a culture of continuous improvement and environmental awareness.
- Understand and comply with management responsibilities and rights as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OH&S) of Ontario, as well as, the Company’s safety rules/procedures in the Orlick Employee Handbook.
- Understand, comply and enforce Orlick’s policies, procedures and standards of conduct as outlined in the Orlick Employee Handbook.
- University or College Diploma in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years quality experience directly related to Automotive or Steel industry
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills (ability to work with all levels)
- Ability to prioritize and multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Results oriented with an ability to work within strict deadlines
- Basic computer software skills (word, excel, etc.)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proven conflict resolution skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
Indeed - 30+ days ago
We are a fully integrated aluminum high pressure die cast and machining organization engaged in the design and manufacture of high quality...