Hours of work: Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Rate of Pay: 30K
- The suitable candidate will be responsible for the sourcing and purchasing of predominantly maintenance parts and other miscellaneous items.
- Must prepare and present RFQs to vendors and maintain and develop vendor relationships.
- Emphasis will also be placed on improving KPIs on overdue RFQs.
- Candidate must achieve required target for daily processing of purchase orders – 24 hour turn around.
- The selected candidate will travel between the Hamilton and Stoney Creek plants to preform the required duties daily, spending a few hours at each location.
- Eventually the chosen candidate will be fully trained on all procurement activities.
The candidate will be required to do all of the transactional functions listed below.
- Analyze the purchase requisition – vendor, part #’s, quantity, etc.
- Responsible for soliciting quotations.
- He/she will compare quotes and award accordingly – price, quality, delivery.
- Type purchase orders.
- Scan purchase orders.
- Email – issue purchase orders.
- Expedite materials as required.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a purchasing role
- Post secondary graduate
- Must be proficient in MS Office, especially Excel.
All qualified candidates should apply with a cover letter and up to date resume.
Indeed - 13 months ago
We are a fully integrated aluminum high pressure die cast and machining organization engaged in the design and manufacture of high quality...