Orlick Industries Ltd is a leading supplier in the automotive marketplace, providing precision machined aluminum casting.
· Oversee installation and launch of new programs and equipment
· Manage continuous improvement projects
· Responsible to implement scrap reduction plans and projects
· Liaison with Engineering department on incoming programs and equipment
· Expertise in PPAP, APQP and automotive production quality standards
· Coordinate the technical and managerial aspects of projects both within our facilities and for customers
· Provide analytical assistance for process / production problems
· Evaluate tooling and process design
· Problem solving associated with mass production or new program start up issues
· Present technical information in an organized format for internal and external review.
Mechanical engineering degree
5 plus years of experience in automotive project or product management.
Knowledge of geometric dimension and tolerance a requirement.
A strong background in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement is required
Six sigma designation is an asset
Experience with high pressure die-casting and tooling design is desired
Fundamental understanding of machining and assembly processes
Strong interpersonal skills written/verbal communication skills
Computer skills in using modelling software (CAD) a requirement.
· Mechanical Engineering Degree or Diploma