Manufacturing Program Coordinator
- Oversee installation and launch of new programs and equipment
- Manage continuous improvement projects
- Responsible to implement scrap reduction plans and projects
- Expertise in PPAP, APQP and automotive production quality standards
- Coordinate the technical and managerial aspects of projects both within our facilities and for customers
- Provide analytical assistance for process / production problems with mass production or new program start up issues
- Present technical information in an organized format for internal and external review
- Develop and improve business relationships with assigned automotive customers
- Prepare market planning and forecast information, with regard to the customer’s future requirements
- Liaise with all departments within the company to ensure that customer requirements are being met in a cost effective manner
- Evaluate tooling and process design
- Monitor the costs of tooling projects to the approved budget and assists in ensuring controls are in place
- Ensure project status meetings are managed, ensure tasks and responsibilities are assigned to members and minutes and schedules are published
- Ensure die sampling and machining sampling at appropriate plants, and ensure tooling corrections and PPAP submissions are completed on time
- Co-ordinate drawing change reviews ensuring both internal and external acceptance of all implications
- Preparation of information, pricing & quotations for management approval
- Communicate and work effectively with work-team members, other members of the company and external customers
- Mechanical engineering degree
- 5 plus years of experience in automotive project or product management.
- Knowledge of geometric dimension and tolerance a requirement.
- A strong background in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement is required
- Six sigma designation is an asset
- Experience with high pressure die-casting and tooling design is desired
- Fundamental understanding of machining and assembly processes
- Strong interpersonal skills written/verbal communication skills
- Computer skills in using modelling software (CAD) a requirement.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
We are a fully integrated aluminum high pressure die cast and machining organization engaged in the design and manufacture of high quality...