CNC Set-Up Technician
With 5 plants in the Hamilton / Stoney Creek area, Orlick Industries Limited is a leading supplier in the automotive marketplace, providing precision machined aluminum castings.
We are currently looking for a motivated individual who would enjoy working in a hands-on CNC production environment.
The CNC Technician would report to the Senior CNC Technician and be responsible for the initial set up and prove out of machine, fixturing and tooling, so that the parts being produced are of the highest quality in the most cost effective manner.
The CNC Technician will have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of CNC machine set up and programming using Fanuc controls.
- Installation and preparation of CNC equipment for production requirements
- Perform the initial tooling set up
- Installation of fixturing on CNC machines
- Fanuc control programming
- Perform capability studies after initial project set-up
- Assist with operator training
- Assist production departments in achieving the daily targets
- Provide technical support to the CNC production departments
- Set up tool life management
- Advise on the design of fixtures, cutting tools and gauge design at the project concept stage
- Study existing processes and recommend possible modifications
- Identify and implement more effective and efficient means by which to improve CNC machine process, tooling or fixturing, thereby encouraging a culture of continuous improvement and environmental awareness
- Communicate and work effectively with work-team members and other members of the company
- Understand and comply with the worker responsibilities and rights as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OH&S) of Ontario, as well as, the Company's safety rules/procedures in the Employee Handbook
- Perform other duties as required
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of Machining Courses and recognized CNC Machining Certificate preferred
- 3 - 5 years set up experience with CNC equipment (preferably in a tier 1 or 2 automotive environment)
- Strong knowledge of machining principals
- Strong knowledge of cutting tools
- Familiar with GD+T
- Knowledge of SPC requirements and implications preferred
- Proven troubleshooting and decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Solid analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player and able to work well with all departments