CNC Lathe Machinist
Orlick Industries Limited is a leading supplier in the automotive marketplace, providing precision machined aluminum casting.
A CNC Lathe Machinist, using Mazatrol control, is responsible to machine parts for machining fixtures, gauges, cutters and trim dies, as well as, machine spare parts for die cast machines, trim presses, assembly fixtures, CNC machines and custom machines.
The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Machine parts from drawings (both hard copies and ACAD).
- Experience to program and run a Mazak CNC lathe with precision measuring equipment.
- Make proto-type parts/fixtures for customers.
- Make necessary adjustments to maintain nominal print dimensions and required surface finishes.
- Perform visual and physical inspection of parts.
- Review schedule for upcoming jobs.
- General housekeeping around work area.
- Assist other Tool Shop personnel as required.
- Communicate and work effectively with work-team members and all other members of the company.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Grade 12 or equivalent work experience.
- Formal machinist training preferred.
- Minimum 1 year machining experience.
- Blueprint reading.
- Math skills (trigonometry and geometry an asset).
- Proficient using measuring/inspection equipment.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management and job planning skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and a team player.
We are a fully integrated aluminum high pressure die cast and machining organization engaged in the design and manufacture of high quality...