Orlick is a benchmark supplier to the automotive industry, serving OEM and Tier 1 customers globally. Orlick is an integrated company, with a core competence in high pressure aluminum die-casting and precision machining and assembly.
Due to company growth and internal promotion, we are currently looking to hire an Accounting Manager for our corporate office.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance and Administration, the Accounting Manager is responsible for the following:
- Review and finalization of monthly reports outlining trends, margin analysis and variances from budget.
- Responsible for successful implementation of accounting software and hardware upgrades.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures that encourage continuous improvement in the preparation of financial statements and processing of accounting transactions.
- Perform special studies/reviews as assigned such as internal control reviews, cost analysis, etc.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing internal control improvements. Ensure Corporate approval levels have been obtained for financial/payroll transactions.
- Prepare year-end Financial Statements. Coordinate preparation of all necessary schedules and journal entries when required to support the preparation of the financial statements.
- Monitor cash position vis-à-vis the 8 week rolling cash/loan forecast. Ensure timely and accurate preparation of the required documents for quarterly reports to bank.
- Preparation of Federal and Provincial Corporate Tax Returns. Ensure compliance with all relevant tax legislation.
- Coordinating the preparation of the technical support documentation and preparation and filing of R&D claims.
- Responsible for handling all income tax, commodity tax government audits.
- In conjunction with Accountant, prepare detailed financial information for annual budget including supporting schedules for direct profit analysis, monthly divisional income statement budgets.
- Prepare 3 month rolling revenue forecasts versus budget.
- Communicate and work effectively with work-team members and other members of the company.
The successful candidate would possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- University degree in Business, *professional accounting designation required*.
- 5 to 10 years in an accounting department, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ACCPAC
- Highly detail oriented with ability to prioritize and complete tasks under pressure
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
All interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter
Indeed - 10 months ago
We are a fully integrated aluminum high pressure die cast and machining organization engaged in the design and manufacture of high quality...