Orion Employee Reviews

Rewarding workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Perth WAMay 25, 2016
When i arrive at work the first thing is to check the communication book for any information regarding the clients in the house and messages from co-workers. Shower the clients, give them breakfast and medication. Attend to any social activities required for the day. I have learned to be patient and organised.The management and co-workers are very cooperative and work well as a team.The hardest part of the job is watching clients undergo mental and emotional hardships. The most enjoyable part is when playing games and chatting to clients.
Full-filling and challenging
Technical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara CaliforniaApril 18, 2016
Orion is great company to work with. I worked for their sister company KisOrion years ago.They have always been straight forth and generally concerned about their employees.I worked as a client representative for ExxonMobil and adhered to their policies and procedures as well as all Orion's policies.
Pros
Direct hire rather than contract
Cons
Job stability
pleasant people
Brake Press Operator (Current Employee) –  FifeApril 3, 2016
being a temporary position at the moment i dont have too much to say other than the fellow workers are friendly and helpful.
Always room to grow
Reservations Manager (Former Employee) –  Braamfontein, GautengApril 1, 2016
Good competition, great experience, Good food, Good rooms, Good facilities, Good training for staff, Decent area, Well established ,
Good Location.
Pretty Good
Lead Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDMarch 7, 2016
I know the market is not so good right now but I'm not a big fan of living in Minot, but the work is good. Willing to move back to Houston, hopefully they will find something back at home for me.
Productive and fun work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Easton, MDSeptember 21, 2015
I enjoyed working for Orion if they didnt closed down i would still be there. What I like most about working at Orion is I knew my job mattered to the public cause i was producing safety for the world.
good company structure
Pipefitter. supervisor (Former Employee) –  SCTSeptember 8, 2015
organisation and payment terms were good, travelling arrangements were good , long travelling times , on site organisation was set up good
Pros
pay
Cons
Excellent company to work for
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney AustraliaAugust 17, 2015
Flexible work practise, multiple tier one customers requires dedicated customer focus.
Varied customer base requires knowledge across a wide stack of cutting edge technologies.
Hire and Fire
Senior Java Developer (Former Employee) –  NJJuly 23, 2015
When you are in project no issues, but when you are bench then your job is under threat, they dont tell when you join about all this things.
Pros
salary on time and immigration
Cons
hire and fire
Fun and diversity
Business Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesJune 10, 2015
Typical day at work is mostly clerical job. I learned a lot from this experience... from excel spreadsheet to camaraderie! Management was excellent. Co-workers are fun to work with and everybody felt like family. Hardest part of my job is the overtime but I was single and it didn't really matter if I stay until 3am. The most enjoyable part of my job is the continuous learning experience.
A productive work place with room to advance
Bulk Plant Operator I (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 2, 2015
The company was great, the hours were ok and the pay was above average. I learned a lot about cement operations and how to run the operations board. Management was ok most of the time but due to deadlines they were a little bit off the edge on days. The hardest part of the job was the hours sometimes we worked 16 hour days.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
very few breaks
Good place to start
Customer Support & Imports Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ENGMay 7, 2015
Flexible work environment, Growing company so lot of learning opportunities. Learnt a lot about Amazon retail and shipment handling, etc. Scope for further development
okay
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ENGMarch 26, 2015
normal day to day work for a labourer, met some good friends and people of the trade I have learnt from. witch now I have used my site experience and gained two tickets/ cherry picker and scissor lift and am only looking for work for either one of them.
Cons
Great place to work and make a differance
DSP Driver & Sub (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHMarch 21, 2015
At Orion you will be Working with MRDD clients. Direct care including personal care. You will be taking clients on outings and also providing them with driving
productive
administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GPMarch 10, 2015
orion its a productive company which grows everyday & fun working.
meeting new challenges everyday like other companies
Pros
free lunch on weekends only if we working
Cons
10 hours
Fun to work for
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Handle interested applicants looking for a new place

Handle any residence issues

Handle the marketing

Co-workers was great
Pros
being around great people
bad
Press operator (Former Employee) –  MIJanuary 11, 2015
well i was a press op and while run a press i leaned that there are a lot of diffrent things about running a press that its loud and the coils of steels are huge and are under alot of presser. well even tho i only worked there for a summer i ran every press they had and most of the dies, i leanded there waht make a good die good and a bad die bad witch will help me when i have my employs making the dies.
Pros
3x 45 min breaks
Cons
12 hours a day 7 days a week
Great Oportunity
Porter/Doorman (Former Employee) –  New YorkNovember 14, 2014
Greeting guests and customers at the entrance and, opening the door politely.
Assisting guests with their desired service and guiding them to the appropriate designation.
Maintaining extreme cleanness in my work area. Providing tenants with guest buzzing service.
Imet some of the best crews with this company
Deckhand (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2014
I learned a lot while with this company, how to follow orders, how to manage my time and utilize my skills. The crew at T&T Marine taught me how to make tows and how to throw a line.
Pros
always on the water with nice job enviroment
Cons
away from family
Excellent company to work with
Sr Techincal Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 6, 2014
Excellent company to learn and grow , aggressive goals to prove your capabilities