Orion Employee Reviews

Volunteer for Social Services agencies
Volunteer Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PA16 June 2016
While volunteering for this agency 'Orion' I enjoyed meeting the clients the only stipulation I had, was when asked collecting the money they asked me to delivered circulars of upcoming fundraiser events. I was glad to obliged, but I didn't obligate myself to correct any money because there was no secure why or reliable accountability in the accounting department.i was informed I was just to revisited the business i gave fundraiser circulation and just ask for the donations in my hand no receipts or invoices was I given to receiveed donations from these companies.so I declined to collect any monies.i recommend anyone who volunteer for any agency make sure there is acceptable procedures in place in the agency when collecting money from. Companies
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
N/A
Managed by Fear
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom11 August 2016
Orion is an organisation that is individually owned, and final decisions ultimately lie with that individual.
The owner is extremely successful so no criticism of him there, however the size of organisation that it is, requires a more structured, board style of leadership and decision making.
It is similar to the Mike Ashley scenario recently arisen in court - Orion's owner is too removed from the reality of his organisation and bases his decision on what a small number of individuals tell him.
There are too many people with their own agenda rather than the interests of the overall organisation at heart, and they can often be the ones directing the owner in his decisions.
The culture of the entire organisation is based on fear of this dictatorship, and as such, there is little security in the business. This has led to complete disenfranchisement of many Head Office employees, which is a culture that unfortunately then filters down through the rest of the organisation.

There are pockets of individual and local management who buck this trend, and truly have the business' interests at the core of what they do. Therefore there are local areas of the business which do not reflect this bad culture - but it is isolated.
Pros
The honeymoon period is very encouraging
Cons
The long term possibilities are not encouraging
Productive and fun workplace
Branch Accountant & Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Raipur, Chhattisgarh10 July 2016
Between 1 to 10 of Every Month is very Typical ,Hence All the Work Related to Billing ,collection ,Taxation Part & Submission of all Required In deadline dates.

I Learned to Handle Immense Pressure in any Situation of Work

Management is Supportive But in Case of Approval Required More Information for Approval.

I Manage to Get Work from my co-Workers with my past skills & Experience.

Manage to Handle Client who were spoken Hot Words When we Discuss about Collection Part.

When I have Completed All the Work in Between the deadline date & get Appreciation from Seniors.
Rewarding workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Perth WA25 May 2016
When i arrive at work the first thing is to check the communication book for any information regarding the clients in the house and messages from co-workers. Shower the clients, give them breakfast and medication. Attend to any social activities required for the day. I have learned to be patient and organised.The management and co-workers are very cooperative and work well as a team.The hardest part of the job is watching clients undergo mental and emotional hardships. The most enjoyable part is when playing games and chatting to clients.
Regulatory Affairs Consultant (Former Employee) –  Remote21 November 2016
Experienced the regulatory knowledge.
Good Team culture
Work environment is good.
Training system was good
co-workers are very helping and supportive.
I love helping those who need help at all times so that they feel they are cared for.
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZ3 October 2016
Focus, hardworking, team player, honest and have knowledge of leadership in planning. Working with mentally challenged individual is fun of loving so that they feel respected and valued.
If you want to stay in 1 position for a long time.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WA19 August 2014
Typical work day including training people with learning barriers how to maintain good work ethic, and good work habits. All the while creating top quality aircraft parts for Boeing and government agencies. The pay is pretty low considering we aren't only creating parts but we are also in essence babysitting people. Manufacturing places that are solely based on making parts get paid double what we got paid. The management is horrible, you can be there for over a year and a half without getting a single raise. While I learned how to use various machining techniques and tools. The overall benefit wasn't much. I was let go in May for no reason at all and now I can't find a job even with the extra skills I gained. There is little to no room for advancement at all. The overall company goal doesn't really benefit the employee at all.
Pros
Wasn't really any pro's we got OK medical, and a bonus at the end of the year which goes down every year.
Cons
Won't ever get a raise or advance ever.
Full-filling and challenging
Technical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara California18 April 2016
Orion is great company to work with. I worked for their sister company KisOrion years ago.They have always been straight forth and generally concerned about their employees.I worked as a client representative for ExxonMobil and adhered to their policies and procedures as well as all Orion's policies.
Pros
Direct hire rather than contract
Cons
Job stability
Marathon Oil Company is a great place to work for a person who an entrie level employee in Document Management.
Document Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX9 April 2013
The position I have with Orion Group as a contract employee for Marathon Oil has been a greet learing experience and I wish that I could stay here for the rest of my career but my contract ends in June 2013. The fact that my contract ends in June is the hardest part of the job. I work well with my co-workers and every day I learn more about Document Management. Marathon Oil Company provides training workshops so that individual can recieve technical training and knowledge about Document Management to make his/her job more efficient. I am in the process of receiving Retention Training for documents and I am schedule for Quest Training. These Training Workshops benefits the company and it greatly benefits me professional. I want to continue to work in the field of Document Management.
Pros
i work with professional people and it is a learning environment
Cons
my contracts end in june 2013
gasstation
cashier (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FL1 June 2016
alot of sandwich making, alot of gas sales , and pro-pain sales . customer service and opening and closing a store best part was closing up early , i had friendly coworkers .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very stricked
Exciting project
Map Team Lead - UPS (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MI22 April 2016
The largest company wide project in UPS history. Sometimes mundane task work but there is travel involved and new centers and people almost week to week. Co-workers varied from interns to retirees returning. This provided a great deal of knowledge to learn from.
pleasant people
Brake Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Fife3 April 2016
being a temporary position at the moment i dont have too much to say other than the fellow workers are friendly and helpful.
Always room to grow
Reservations Manager (Former Employee) –  Braamfontein, Gauteng1 April 2016
Good competition, great experience, Good food, Good rooms, Good facilities, Good training for staff, Decent area, Well established ,
Good Location.
Pretty Good
Lead Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Minot, ND7 March 2016
I know the market is not so good right now but I'm not a big fan of living in Minot, but the work is good. Willing to move back to Houston, hopefully they will find something back at home for me.
good company structure
Pipefitter. supervisor (Former Employee) –  SCT8 September 2015
organisation and payment terms were good, travelling arrangements were good , long travelling times , on site organisation was set up good
Pros
pay
Fun and diversity
Business Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manila, Philippines10 June 2015
Typical day at work is mostly clerical job. I learned a lot from this experience... from excel spreadsheet to camaraderie! Management was excellent. Co-workers are fun to work with and everybody felt like family. Hardest part of my job is the overtime but I was single and it didn't really matter if I stay until 3am. The most enjoyable part of my job is the continuous learning experience.
A productive work place with room to advance
Bulk Plant Operator I (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX2 June 2015
The company was great, the hours were ok and the pay was above average. I learned a lot about cement operations and how to run the operations board. Management was ok most of the time but due to deadlines they were a little bit off the edge on days. The hardest part of the job was the hours sometimes we worked 16 hour days.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
very few breaks
Excellent company to work for
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney Australia17 August 2015
Flexible work practise, multiple tier one customers requires dedicated customer focus.
Varied customer base requires knowledge across a wide stack of cutting edge technologies.
Hire and Fire
Senior Java Developer (Former Employee) –  NJ23 July 2015
When you are in project no issues, but when you are bench then your job is under threat, they dont tell when you join about all this things.
Pros
salary on time and immigration
Cons
hire and fire
Productive workplace
Painter (Former Employee) –  Industry, CA25 March 2013
Painted all machinery and walk ways. I learned how to paint machinery did not know even existed. Management was nice and very up lifting telling you good work. hardest part of my job was to stand and get in hard to reach areas to paint. Most enjoyable part of my job was to paint all walk ways and workers passing by saying you did a great job on all the walk ways. Co worker was only one and we did everything that needed to be done and completed our job tasks.
Pros
painted a workplace
Cons
short job