Orion Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Location visits however no quality of life.
Franchise Business Consultant (Current Employee), Home OfficeJuly 21, 2013
Pros: company car, per dim
Cons: on the road too much, too many hours/no family time-personal time
My day starts out at 4 am and on the road and to my first location by 6am. Workday is to end at 2pm however much more office work afterwards to do follow ups on my location visits.
I travel the lower State of Michigan and dip down into Indiana to 3 of my locations. I have a total of 19 Store visits to do in a 2 week rotation. My Job title is" Franchisee Business Consultant".
I walk into the stores with a plan of action, looking at the "Big Picture", Preferred products, remarkable service, intelligent inventory, distinguishable marketing, exceptional cleanliness of the store and training and education.
My co-workers are a state away. I have my District Operator visit with me during my store visits every 6-8 weeks. We do have divisional meetings twice a year.
The hardest part of the job is being on the road most of the time and not having any personal time until the weekends.
The most enjoyable is going to my store locations for I have built great relationships with every site and they are like my family when I am away from home.
I am looking for a job to where I can be home every night and to be able to enjoy my family and life.
I am a very dependable-hardworking employee. I believe in giving 110% every day I am at work. I have great customer-people skills. I am a team player and believe in teamwork. I am out to help make the company I work for "profitable".
A Day at ORION
Warehouse Specialist/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Anniston Army Depot, ALFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: decent money, work was interesting and different at every building.
Cons: not so good insurance.
Our day started out with excepting calls for order pickups and delivery. We then did our deliveries and pickups with job orders in hand. Got signatures. Went back to BLDG 422 and did it again as long as we had calls coming in. We also put kits together for another company. They were to be sent in different locations, however that only told us what was suppose to be in them.The other company handled the shipping as far as we knew.
I learned a lot about people in general. Got to know some very good people while working there. My supervisors were the best. They kept everone going. As in all jobs there are hard workers and not so hard workers. Overall we had a good bunch. The hardest part of the job was when we caught up and had to wait on someone to call so we had work to do. That would really make the day drag. Even Harder than that was when they told us our employment was over as of Oct 31, 2010.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people.
Marathon Oil Company is a great place to work for a person who an entrie level employee in Document Management.
Document Management Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2013
Pros: i work with professional people and it is a learning environment
Cons: my contracts end in june 2013
The position I have with Orion Group as a contract employee for Marathon Oil has been a greet learing experience and I wish that I could stay here for the rest of my career but my contract ends in June 2013. The fact that my contract ends in June is the hardest part of the job. I work well with my co-workers and every day I learn more about Document Management. Marathon Oil Company provides training workshops so that individual can recieve technical training and knowledge about Document Management to make his/her job more efficient. I am in the process of receiving Retention Training for documents and I am schedule for Quest Training. These Training Workshops benefits the company and it greatly benefits me professional. I want to continue to work in the field of Document Management.
If you want to stay in 1 position for a long time.
Machinist (Former Employee), Auburn, WAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: wasn't really any pro's we got ok medical, and a bonus at the end of the year which goes down every year.
Cons: won't ever get a raise or advance ever.
Typical work day including training people with learning barriers how to maintain good work ethic, and good work habits. All the while creating top quality aircraft parts for Boeing and government agencies. The pay is pretty low considering we aren't only creating parts but we are also in essence babysitting people. Manufacturing places that are solely based on making parts get paid double what we got paid. The management is horrible, you can be there for over a year and a half without getting a single raise. While I learned how to use various machining techniques and tools. The overall benefit wasn't much. I was let go in May for no reason at all and now I can't find a job even with the extra skills I gained. There is little to no room for advancement at all. The overall company goal doesn't really benefit the employee at all.
N/A
Customer Service Supervisor/Loan Processor (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 6, 2014
Investigated and resolved customer inquiries and complaints in an empathetic manner

· Solved unresolved customer issues

· Assumed ownership over team productivity and managed work flow to meet or exceed quality service goals

· Trained staff on operating procedures and company services

· Process loan payments, refunds, credit returns and settle bankruptcy accounts

· Set up money order arrangements, review pay stubs and bank statments

· Defused volatile customer situations calmly and courteously
A pleasant work place.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: the work environment.
Cons: the breaks were a bit shorter than i would've liked.
This was job training that I was placed in by D.V.R. and lasted for 9mos. While there I was taught how to use a variety of tools and machinery. Drills, saws, lathes, etc. and also some assembly and part marking. Overall the instructors were all quite pleasant to work for and good at teaching one how best to do certain jobs. My co-workers, like myself, were all part of the job training program and I got along well with them.
Productive workplace
Painter (Former Employee), Industry, CAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: painted a workplace
Cons: short job
Painted all machinery and walk ways. I learned how to paint machinery did not know even existed. Management was nice and very up lifting telling you good work. hardest part of my job was to stand and get in hard to reach areas to paint. Most enjoyable part of my job was to paint all walk ways and workers passing by saying you did a great job on all the walk ways. Co worker was only one and we did everything that needed to be done and completed our job tasks.
bad
Press operator (Former Employee), MIJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: 3x 45 min breaks
Cons: 12 hours a day 7 days a week
well i was a press op and while run a press i leaned that there are a lot of diffrent things about running a press that its loud and the coils of steels are huge and are under alot of presser. well even tho i only worked there for a summer i ran every press they had and most of the dies, i leanded there waht make a good die good and a bad die bad witch will help me when i have my employs making the dies.
Fun and diversity
Business Development Assistant (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesJune 10, 2015
Typical day at work is mostly clerical job. I learned a lot from this experience... from excel spreadsheet to camaraderie! Management was excellent. Co-workers are fun to work with and everybody felt like family. Hardest part of my job is the overtime but I was single and it didn't really matter if I stay until 3am. The most enjoyable part of my job is the continuous learning experience.
A productive work place with room to advance
Bulk Plant Operator I (Former Employee), Midland, TXJune 2, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: very few breaks
The company was great, the hours were ok and the pay was above average. I learned a lot about cement operations and how to run the operations board. Management was ok most of the time but due to deadlines they were a little bit off the edge on days. The hardest part of the job was the hours sometimes we worked 16 hour days.
Professional and Goal Oriented Environment
Recruiter (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 11, 2012
Full cycle recruiting for Major Oil and Gas Engineering firms. Working with a great group of individuals all working towards the same goal, ” Providing our Clients with quality candidates to fill their staffing needs , while providing highly trained individuals security and employment with our reputable stable Clients.”
Productive die cutting company
Machine Operator-Temp (Former Employee), Ayer, MAMay 14, 2013
Pros: learned the skill of die cutting
Cons: the work was only temporary
8 hours on my feet, learned die cutting skills, management was minimal. Co-workers weren't very helpful in training. Hardest part of the job was figuring everything out on my own. Mostenjoyable part of the job was hour long breaks for lunch.
Runaround company of the year!
Telecommunication Operative (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAJuly 5, 2012
Pros: friendly coworkers.
Cons: scripted calls are mentally draining.
There contracts very from customer service/order placement, to cold calls. It is a good company to learn proper business etiquette, and apparel. The hardest part of the job was the monotony, of the cold calls.
manufacture work
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAMay 7, 2013
Nice and relaxing .

Learned how to put a lot of thing's together for air plain parts. Pick shipping orders out. Do packaging.

management team was very nice.

co-works never had any problems.

it was something different that I did and felt great cause I was able to learn fast.
Great Oportunity
Porter/Doorman (Former Employee), New YorkNovember 14, 2014
Greeting guests and customers at the entrance and, opening the door politely.
Assisting guests with their desired service and guiding them to the appropriate designation.
Maintaining extreme cleanness in my work area. Providing tenants with guest buzzing service.
Nice consulting firm
Client/Server Support Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 20, 2012
Pros: all consultants able to work rather independantly.
Cons: long drive. not many opportunities for advancement.
Company was a support consulting firm for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, reviewing and auditing ICD-9 coding in claims and patient files.
Imet some of the best crews with this company
Deckhand (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 7, 2014
Pros: always on the water with nice job enviroment
Cons: away from family
I learned a lot while with this company, how to follow orders, how to manage my time and utilize my skills. The crew at T&T Marine taught me how to make tows and how to throw a line.
Helpful and good company..
Sr. Electrical Technician (Former Employee), OmanJuly 25, 2012
Pros: good salary and all free ( accommodation, airfare, and others)
Cons: 7 days a week work..
With highly qualified personnel. Good communication in all employee even with different nationalities as only English is in line of communication.
okay
Labourer (Former Employee), Oxford, ENGMarch 26, 2015
Pros: yes
Cons: no
normal day to day work for a labourer, met some good friends and people of the trade I have learnt from. witch now I have used my site experience and gained two tickets/ cherry picker and scissor lift and am only looking for work for either one of them.
Excellent company to work for
Consultant (Current Employee), Sydney AustraliaAugust 17, 2015
Cons: long hours
Flexible work practise, multiple tier one customers requires dedicated customer focus.
Varied customer base requires knowledge across a wide stack of cutting edge technologies.