This position holds and develops contracting strategies necessary to successfully construct pipelines and facilities projects in accordance with project cost, schedule, quality and EH&S objectives. It assures that relations are maintained in a manner that ensures the achievement of our corporate goals.
This position is a long term full time position embedded in a clients office that will have a tentative start date of June 1 2013
1. Coordinates activities with other departments to prepare budget tends, RFP’s, and pre-qualification documents.
2. Negotiates Terms & Conditions of contract documents
3. Upon receipt of the approval to award, finalize the agreements and prepare the formal contract documents for signature by the Client and subcontractor.
4. Administer the contractual execution of the contract.
5. Maintain logs on correspondence, change requests, requests from the subcontractor, back charges, contract amendments and notices.
6. Register all claims for extra work and process as a contemplated change in accordance with the project instructions, recommending project back-charges where applicable.
7. Commercially evaluate all contractor claims and prepare a recommendation for acceptance/rejection of the claim.
8. Process contractor requests for progress payment, reviewing for accuracy of the request prior to issuance to cost control.
9. Maintain contract files
10. Review work packages and liaise with Project Managers
11. Developing overall contracting strategies and plans that are aligned with project goals.
12. Managing the process of tendering and awarding high quality and cost effective contracts.
13. Administration of contracts to ensure contractors comply with terms, maintain schedule, and minimize growth.
14. Evaluating and negotiating any contractual issues or claims.
15. Making recommendations to senior management and/or client regarding contractual issues.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills:
1. Legal background would be considered an asset.
2. Undergraduate degree in business, engineering, law or related field.
3. Oil & Gas experience preferred.
4. A minimum of 7+ years of leadership and prior contracts management experience in an EPC/EPCM, mining, or heavy industry environment.
5. Thorough knowledge of Engineering, Procurement and Construction techniques with strong working knowledge of technical aspects.
6. The proven ability to successfully manage large and complex construction projects
7. Ability to resolve project disputes with minimal management assistance
8. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), industry practices, estimating/budgeting, scheduling and safety requirements