This position is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of completed Civil/Structural engineering designs. This position will also provide continued assistance and support once the project is in full motion. This position will report to the VP of Engineering.
1. Assumes responsibility of Lead Civil/Structural Engineer when required
2. Familiar with all applicable codes, regulations and standards, specifications, NBC, ABC, CWB
3. Familiar with delivering and producing building specifications
4. Develops detailed specifications for the project
5. Performing technical bid evaluation and reviewing tenders leading to selection of vendors
6. Developing and executing designs
7. Coordination with other disciplines
8. Preparing and evaluating subcontracts and purchase requisitions
9. Preparing engineering work packages (EWP), and construction work packages (CWP)
10. Providing construction support at job site and responding to applicable RFI’s
11. Preparing cost estimate for bids and proposals
12. Mentoring and guiding those with less experience.
13. Organizing and maintaining departmental design guidelines
Education, Experience and Skills:
14. Degree preferred B.Sc or M.Sc in Civil/Structural engineering
15. Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience of related experience in EPC/EPCM and oil & gas environment
16. Preferably registered as a professional Engineer or eligible for registration with APEGA
17. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
18. Experience with structural engineering software such as STAAD, S-Frame, etc.
19. Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
Professional Engineer Status
APEGGA Level E/F
The Orion Project has spent over two and a half years dedicated to the search for new energy technologies that will help us move past the...