As a Quality Lead you can expect to work with a wide range of operations and project teams, contractors and manufacturers, to work outside of your specialised discipline at times and to develop new skills. Ensuring projects are code compliant, safe and accurate; and maintaining high-quality operations, maintenance and project activity is key in this position. This position reports to the Vice President Operations.
This position is a long term full time position embedded in a clients office that will have a tentative start date of June 1 2013
1. Manages all supplier quality aspects of the Project Execution Plans, including planning, manpower requirements, problem solving, cost control and level of competencies required.
2. Develops and implements quality assurance execution plans, procedures and activity plans.
3. Ensures that the quality of services provided satisfies operational standards and client / project specific requirements, including quality and certification requirements.
4. Provides direction and monitors results for compliance to client and project requirements and expectations.
5. Issues project specific instructions and interfaces with client, engineering, project and supplier personnel to resolve supplier quality deficiencies.
6. Prepares and Issues periodic project status reports; reflecting budget performance, activity level and areas of concern, able to provide solutions and recommendations regarding areas of concern.
7. Attends project meetings/quality meetings as required.
8. Ability to generate reports with accuracy in a timely manner.
9. Creates good relationships with suppliers.
10. Maintains and strives to expand upon technical competencies.
11. Supervises/Mentors other Quality team members.
12. Visits jobs sites as required.
Education, Experience and Skills:
1. 5 - 10 years of related experience
2. Direct experience with an engineering company specifically in a Quality position.
3. Bachelor's degree or Engineering Technologist with a Professional Quality designation would be an asset
4. Comfortable and knowledgeable with legislation standards