As a senior Project Engineer concentrating in the central processing facilities of major facilities, you will be independently performing various assignments that will involve all areas of a project; project planning, estimating, scheduling, engineering resource coordination and construction coordination. This position will provide engineering techniques and services on all sizes of projects. This position reports to the project specific Project Manager and Project Management Office Lead.
1. Functions as a discipline lead/supervisor for all-sized projects with some complex features.
2. Provide direction and mentoring to more junior Project Engineers
3. May coordinate and review the work of drafters, technicians, and others who assist in specific assignments.
4. Mentors and assesses the performance of less experienced engineers.
5. Assigns and outlines work, advises on technical problems.
6. Participate in design reviews and project meetings for all phases of the project
7. Performs and/or supervises engineering calculations, with high level of knowledge.
8. Prepares and/or supervises data sheets and project performance specifications, with high level of knowledge.
9. Prepares and/or supervises vendor bill lists; evaluates vendor proposals provides purchase recommendations, and commodity engineering input for specified equipment, with high level of knowledge.
10. Reviews work for technical accuracy and adequacy.
11. Ensure all activities comply with regulatory, safety, and environmental policies, procedures and approvals. Coordinate project development on these activities with the appropriate client and consultant authorities.
12. Demonstrates a well-developed knowledge of safety features in plant designs and familiarity with safety codes and standards.
13. Visits project sites as required.
14. Coordinates other disciplines, designers and engineers.
15. Other duties as required
Education, Experience and Skills:
1. Four year engineering or related technical degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Minimum 8 years of relevant engineering experience.
3. Proficient computer skills including a working knowledge of typical Excel spreadsheets, Word, Microsoft Project, Primavera, Access and discipline-specific computer software packages.
4. Possess strong leadership qualities
1. P.Eng status
2. APEGGA Level E/F