Orion Projects Inc. is an Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Management (EPCM) company that provides innovative solutions to improve the profitability and sustainability of projects within the energy sector. We are conveniently located downtown (very close to the Calgary Transit Line).
The Junior Process Engineer will function as a technical representative for the project and directly report to the Project or Construction Manager, and as dictated by the project, providing technical oversight, coordination of work performed and compliance with contract documentation.
1. Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
2. Determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
3. Define and implement specifics solutions to technical problems, completing the tasks associated with such projects and writing reports that clearly documents the results.
4. Monitor and control the progress of project deliverables (schedule, cost, design, scope of works and services);.
5. Control project engineering quality plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
6. Ensure quality of Orion provided services and project deliverables.
7. Control project costs by approving expenditures, administering contractor contracts.
8. Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
9. Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing applicable procedures, rules, and regulations.
10. Maintain project database and filing system. Oversee entering and backing up data.
11. Maintain product and company reputation by complying with all applicable regulations.
12. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
1. Four year engineering or related technical degree from an accredited college or university. Preferably degree in Process or Mechanical Engineering.
2. Minimum 5 years of relevant engineering experience.
3. Possess strong leadership qualities
4. Ability to prepare preliminary design, cost estimates and project proposals for review and execution.
5. Exceptional verbal and writing communication skills.
6. Registered or eligible for APEGA status as a professional engineer
1. Competitive salaries,
2. Company provided health care after probation period (3 months),
3. Continuing training,
4. Stimulating and friendly work environment,
5. Office downtown location,