The Process Engineer is responsible for creating new or evaluating existing processes and process systems in oil and gas plant environment. Reports to Project Engineer however in project technical terms works independently makes his own recommendations and conclusions to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production processes. This engineer is expected to stamp their work. Occasionally Process Engineer may be required to go to filed locations for project site visitation, data gathering or troubleshooting assignments; however the majority it the work time will be spent in Orion Calgary Office.
1. Providing engineering and design services by establishing the process design criteria and implementing the preparation of specifications, design computations and deliverables in accordance with project requirements
2. Create, evaluate and improve Oil and Gas production processes and production systems.
3. Improve and maintain reliable and safe performance of the process systems in the Oil and Gas Plant environment, while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers while executing project scope of work.
4. Create, review and approve process key drawings and calculations, including field and design documents relating to the process discipline.
5. Develop, update, approve, and P.Eng stamp of process documentation.
6. Estimating staffing needs, scheduling and assigning work to meet deadlines.
7. Work with equipment designers and manufacturing officers to develop a cost-effective and working production process.
8. Research new oil and gas processing technologies.
9. Coordinating with other technical disciplines taking part in the project.
10. Lead Process Drafting and Design for the assigned project(s).
Education, Experience and Skills:
1. Recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university.
2. Minimum 10 years of relevant engineering experience.
3. Professional Engineering Designation in Alberta.
1. Competitive salaries,
2. Company provided health care after probation period (3 months),
3. Continuing training,
4. Stimulating and friendly work environment,
5. Office downtown location,