The Civil/Structural Engineering Lead plans, organizes and supervises the Civil/Structural function required to design, construct/install, commission and handover the project on schedule, on budget. This position also provides technical support and leadership to individual Civil/Structural engineers, technologists, and technicians reporting directly to Lead Civil/Structural Engineer.
1. Responsible for the activities of Civil/Structural Department.
2. Coordinate activities of Civil/Structural Department with other engineering disciplines within the project framework.
3. Providing comprehensive engineering and detail design services by establishing the Civil/Structural design criteria and implementing the preparation of specifications, design computations, drawings, models and bills of material in accordance with basic project requirements.
4. Determine technical requirements for projects for the Civil/Structural scope of work.
5. Ensures that the design meets client and company requirements; exercising cost control.
6. Reviewing and monitoring designs for conformance with control estimates and project specifications.
7. Proficient in 3D modeling and modeling analysis.
8. Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining existing and new design standards, guides and procedures.
9. Performance management/expectations of the assigned employees in the Project Group.
10. Provide leadership/mentorship to junior and intermediate personnel within the Civil/Structural group and the project management group.
11. Provide technical input in proposals, review proposals and provide estimates for specific clients.
12. Incorporates safety practices and principles in all functions of the job.
13. Reviews/audits/stamps (as appropriate) Civil/Structural work done by engineering team where expected/acceptable by the local jurisdiction of Professional Engineers.
14. Site visits as requested.
1. Degree preferred B.Sc or M.Sc in Civil/Structural engineering from recognized university.
2. Minimum 10+ years of relevant engineering experience.
3. Professional Engineering Designation in Alberta.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
5. Proven ability to multitask efficiently and flexibility to respond to changes in priorities.
6. Good organizational and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines.
7. Strong supervisory/leadership skills.
1. Competitive salaries,
2. Company provided health care after probation period (3 months),
3. Continuing training,
4. Stimulating and friendly work environment,
5. Office downtown location,