The HSE Manager is responsible for ensuring all appropriate actions are taken to implement HS&E procedures and legislative requirements
1. Monitoring HS&E performance within area of responsibility
2. Demonstrating commitment to HS&E through leadership and participation in HS&E initiatives
3. Ensuring all staff are appropriately trained to meet HS&E standards and procedures
4. Contributing to Project HSE plans and executing initiatives aligned with Group HS&E strategy
5. Planning and Implementing a schedule of Audits, leadership visits and inspections on sites taking into account site specific HS&E issues.
6. Managing project HSE systems and processes to enable timely HS&E reporting and analysis.
7. Provide input for proposals/tenders requiring HS&E documentation.
8. Coordinate supply of HSE policies, procedures, and legal information to each project.
9. Arrange and deliver HSE training so that all staff is aware of their HSE obligations.
10. Ensure all monthly project HSE data is entered into systems by 10th each month.
11. Report, investigate and follow-up all incidents ensuring timely closeout.
12. Monitor client HSE requirements
13. Assist in the development and enforcement of standards to ensure the project complies with HSE regulatory and governance requirements.
14. Build and maintain productive internal and external relationships
15. Contribute to the ongoing improvement of project HSE documentation
Education, Experience and Skills:
1. Minimum four year degree or diploma from an accredited institution.
2. Minimum 5 years of related experience
3. Computer proficiency in Windows, MS Office, E-Mail.
4. Verbal and written communication skills.
5. Proven ability to multitask efficiently and flexibility to respond to changes in priorities.
6. Good organizational and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines.
7. Team Player – Ability to work in multidiscipline environments.
8. Strong supervisory/leadership skills.
9. Decision making and problem solving ability.
10. Initiative – Self-starter, take ownership and responsibility
1. Registered safety professional.
2. Degree of higher qualification in Occupational Health and Safety
The Orion Project has spent over two and a half years dedicated to the search for new energy technologies that will help us move past the...